Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Democrat chairwoman RESIGNS hours before Clinton convention.  (Read 870 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

BREAKING NEWS: Democrat chairwoman RESIGNS hours before Clinton convention. Email hack revealing how party conspired against Sanders forces Debbie Wasserman Schultz to quit
Daily Mail, July 24, 2016, By Khaleda Rahman and Nikki Schwab, U.s. Political Reporter and Wills Robinson For Dailymail.com 

--The controversy exploded over the weekend after 19,000 hacked emails were published by Wikileaks on Friday
--Some suggested the Democratic Nation Committee was favoring Hillary Clinton during the primary season
--The revelations prompted runner-up Bernie Sanders to call for Debbie Wasserman Schultz's resignation Sunday
--Sanders criticized Wasserman Schultz throughout primaries, accusing party of rigging process in Clinton's favor
--Later on Sunday, party chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz announced she will step down at the end of the convention
--DNC Vice Chair Donna Brazile will serve as Interim Chair through the election in November, a spokesman said
--Clinton says Wasserman Schultz will serve as honorary chair of program to help elect Democrats across the country
--In his statement, Sanders slammed the party for not being impartial throughout the primary process

<snip>

Bernie Sanders slammed the party for not being impartial during the primary process.

He said in a statement: 'Debbie Wasserman Schultz has made the right decision for the future of the Democratic Party. While she deserves thanks for her years of service, the party now needs new leadership that will open the doors of the party and welcome in working people and young people.

'The party leadership must also always remain impartial in the presidential nominating process, something which did not occur in the 2016 race.'

Shortly after her announcement, President Barack Obama said he called Wasserman Schultz to tell her he is grateful to her for having his back over the past eight years.'

In a statement, Obama said: 'For the last eight years, Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz has had my back. This afternoon, I called her to let her know that I am grateful.

'Her leadership of the DNC has meant that we had someone who brought Democrats together not just for my re-election campaign, but for accomplishing the shared goals we have had for our country.'

He added that her critical role in supporting the country's economic recovery, fights for social and civil justice and providing health care for all Americans 'will be a hallmark of her tenure as Party Chair.'

'Her fundraising and organizing skills were matched only by her passion, her commitment and her warmth. And no one works harder for her constituents in Congress than Debbie Wasserman Schultz,' he said.

'Michelle and I are grateful for her efforts, we know she will continue to serve our country as a member of Congress from Florida and she will always be our dear friend.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3706004/Democratic-party-chairwoman-Debbie-Wasserman-Schultz-steps-down.html#ixzz4FNMXmHc7
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf