Author Topic: Lots of police meant a safe GOP convention  (Read 723 times)

rangerrebew

Lots of police meant a safe GOP convention
« on: July 24, 2016, 12:19:22 pm »

Lots of police meant a safe GOP convention
posted at 7:21 pm on July 22, 2016 by John Sexton

The GOP convention may have been a bit of a trainwreck on the inside but things were a lot calmer than predicted outside the convention thanks to a large police presence.

Recall that in the weeks and months leading up to the convention there were protesters, many of them associated with Black Lives Matter, interrupting Trump events and getting manhandled or even punched by Trump supporters. There were raucous protests outside Trump rallies that often seemed on the edge of spinning out of control.

The GOP convention could have become a pitched street battle between protesters and convention-goers but it didn’t turn out that way. From the AP:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/22/lots-of-police-meant-little-drama-outside-the-gop-convention/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:20:38 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Lots of police meant a safe GOP convention
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 12:22:21 pm »
The democrats are clearly upset about the situation.  The overwhelming police presence prevented BLM from starting a riot so speakers at the democrat convention could demean the police. :tongue2:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 04:13:38 pm »
I know a lot of open carry people also showed up to bolster the police presence.... And despite calls to not allow open carry not one person was shot by an open carry advocate.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 05:49:45 pm »
I sense that the democratic convention in Philadelphia is going to find the surrounding streets far less civil than the situation was in Cleveland...

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 06:01:37 pm »
I sense that the democratic convention in Philadelphia is going to find the surrounding streets far less civil than the situation was in Cleveland...
I think they should tell the police to stay away since they support both BLM and radical islam.  That way we can see just how "civil" those groups are. :tongue2:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:02:03 pm by rangerrebew »