Author Topic: How The Trump Family Became The New Camelot In Four Days  (Read 3559 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

How The Trump Family Became The New Camelot In Four Days
« on: July 23, 2016, 02:49:34 pm »
Townhall, July 23, 2016, Liz Crokin

The political conventions seem to birth new political stars every four years and this year’s Republican National Convention was no different. In 2004, a virtually unknown senator from Chicago gave an electric speech at the Democratic National Convention that thrust him into the international spotlight and set him on a path to the White House. That man was President Barack Obama. This year’s GOP convention didn’t just produce a new rising star -- it birthed a whole dynasty of superstars. The world now knows why political pundits have been calling Donald Trump’s family members his secret weapon. Trump’s wife and children all hit the proverbial ball out of the park with dynamite speeches that set the perfect stage for the GOP nominee to hit a home run on the convention’s final night. Donald Trump didn’t just hit a home run; he hit a grand slam, and he could not have done it without his family by his side. The Trump’s have entered a new league -- they’ve just become American royalty. Here’s how the Trump family became the new Camelot in just four days.

The world waited with great anticipation to see how a Slovenian born woman -- who speaks English as her second language and prefers to be a stay-at-home mother -- would pull off a primetime speech to kick off the convention on night one. If imitation is the highest form of flattery, Melania Trump gets an A plus. Melania delivered a heartfelt speech that proved she’s a woman that has both brains and beauty and it made her an instant style icon. The elegant Roksanda “Margot” dress she wore during her speech sold out within hours. Fashion critics are comparing her to Jackie O and Kate Middleton and she’s caused a mania in the fashion world.

While most 22-year-olds are looking for the best party in town or hiding in their safe spaces on college campuses, Tiffany Trump found herself center stage at the ultimate political party. The recent college graduate was the first Trump child to speak at the convention. She admitted she was nervous since she’s never given a speech outside of a classroom; however, you never would’ve known if she didn’t mention it. The young beauty wowed the crowd and she even received praise from some of her father’s harshest critics such as Megan McCain.

On night two during Donald Trump Jr.’s speech, I couldn’t help but notice the striking similarities between him and the late John F. Kennedy Jr. Just like JFK Jr., Donald Jr. is a brilliant speaker, good looking, charismatic and also a savvy businessman from New York City. Not only does he share the same name as his famous father just as JFK Jr. did, there’s a striking resemblance in their appearances too. After Donald Jr.’s speech, I posted on my social media pages that conservatives finally have their very own JFK Jr. Immediately my social media sites exploded and many people told me they were thinking the same thing. Even some of my liberal friends went gaga for Donald Jr. His fans are calling for him to run for president in 2024 and others even coined JFK Jr.-inspired nicknames for him such as “Don Don”. There’s no question Donald Trump Jr. has a bright future in politics if he ever chooses to run for office.

On Wednesday night, Trump’s middle son, Eric, took the stage and quickly became the most searched speaker of the night on Google. During his speech, Eric talked about his father’s passion for helping others, a trait he’s inherited from him. Similar to how Prince William and Prince Harry have carried on Princess Diana’s philanthropic legacy through their own charity organizations, Eric has put his money where his mouth is as well. He founded the Eric Trump Foundation -- a charity that gives money to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital – and said during his speech that there are few things that he holds closer to his heart than charity.

I got the chance to do a one-on-one interview with Ivanka Trump several years ago and I’ve had a girl crush on her ever since. On Thursday night, the rest of the world learned what I already knew about her. Ivanka has what all women want: beauty, success, grace and intelligence. She somehow manages to juggle a powerful career while raising three young kids and she still finds the time to hit the campaign trail for her dad even when she’s nine months pregnant. (In heels from her very own shoe line, no less!) She’s such a unique powerhouse woman. It's hard to find someone from any political dynasty to compare her to. However, after all her rave reviews, one thing’s for sure: if she ever ran for president, there’s no doubt more women would stand with her.

The kind of old school class we saw on display from the Trump family during convention week was reminiscent of the days of John F. Kennedy’s presidency. It’s seems that the Trump’s star power and grace has caused us to delete all of the cringe-worthy moments from Donald Trump’s campaign from our memories faster than Hillary Clinton can wipe a server clean. Jackie Kennedy didn’t believe there would ever be another Camelot. She was wrong. America’s new Royal Family has arrived.

http://townhall.com/columnists/lizcrokin/2016/07/23/how-the-trump-family-became-the-new-camelot-in-four-days-n2196589

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: How The Trump Family Became The New Camelot In Four Days
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 03:15:30 pm »
"You can't fake good kids" -- Mike Pence   ^-^

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 03:21:33 pm »
So, let's see:

Ivanka said she didn't belong to any political party, Donald Jr. threatened to ruin careers, Eric did his best Eddie Munster impersonation,  poor Tiffany will be shuffled off to the side again, never to be heard from, and Melania rick-rolled part of her speech.

When Trump loses, this family will go back into the bowels of Trump Tower with their loony father.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 03:31:26 pm »
So, let's see:

Ivanka said she didn't belong to any political party, Donald Jr. threatened to ruin careers, Eric did his best Eddie Munster impersonation,  poor Tiffany will be shuffled off to the side again, never to be heard from, and Melania rick-rolled part of her speech.

I get it, you're angry that the Trump children are intelligent, educated, well-spoken, love their Dad and are oh-so-camera ready.   :shrug:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 03:34:27 pm »
I get it, you're angry that the Trump children are intelligent, educated, well-spoken, love their Dad and are oh-so-camera ready.   :shrug:

They're just like him.  And they turned out reasonably well-behaved because Trump had so little to do with raising them.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 03:36:49 pm »
The leader of the original Camelot was not on his third wife.  But the position eventually did offer temptations from flirtatious women we are know about. That is where Trump has a head start on JFK.   He's been there done that. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:40:44 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 03:38:01 pm »
Welcome folks to the thinking of the Trumpet faction. They don't want the Constitution, they want Camelot. They want to return to the misty and starry eyed heydays of the apex of Americana that is long gone and existed in a world that will never itself exist again.

Pure wistful emotionalism, that's all it is. They don't want to actually fix or reform things, they want to swoon. Basically a whole lot of people past their prime longing for the glory days of their youth. Yet another attempt to rehash that past, just like the old leftist hippies trying to bring back a different part of the 60's.

Time to move on and get over it already. We are not going to fix the future by going back to the past.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:39:35 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 03:38:28 pm »

So Trump will be a great president because his wives raised good kids?  Ronald Reagan was by all accounts a mediocre father so by your standards he should have been a mediocre president as well.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 03:40:45 pm »
Welcome folks to the thinking of the Trumpet faction. They don't want the Constitution, they want Camelot. They want to return to the misty and starry eyed heydays of the apex of Americana that is long gone and existed in a world that will never itself exist again.

Pure wistful emotionalism, that's all it is. They don't want to actually fix or reform things, they want to swoon. Basically a whole lot of people past their prime longing for the glory days of their youth. Yet another attempt to rehash that past, just like the old leftist hippies trying to bring back a different part of the 60's.

Time to move on and get over it already. We are not going to fix the future by going back to the past.

There was never a Camelot anyway.  That was a total invention by Jackie Kennedy and Theodore White.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 03:44:45 pm »
There was never a Camelot anyway.  That was a total invention by Jackie Kennedy and Theodore White.

True! Which makes the Trumpets look doubly stupid...
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 03:48:36 pm »
So Trump will be a great president because his wives raised good kids?  Ronald Reagan was by all accounts a mediocre father so by your standards he should have been a mediocre president as well.

Well, the truth is @RedHead, Donald Trump has been very hands-on, very involved in each of children's lives as they were growing up--and still is.  That became so clear from listening to the speeches from his kids at the convention.

Trump has often said he was a better father--and is reaping the reward -- than husband--and he paid the price.

This is more proof that when he turns his attention to something, the outcome is extraordinarily good.  I appreciate this ability in Trump as a father, and I will applaud this same ability in Trump as our president. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 03:55:21 pm »

Well, the truth is @RedHead, Donald Trump has been very hands-on, very involved in each of children's lives as they were growing up--and still is.  That became so clear from listening to the speeches from his kids at the convention.

Trump has often said he was a better father--and is reaping the reward -- than husband--and he paid the price.

This is more proof that when he turns his attention to something, the outcome is extraordinarily good.  I appreciate this ability in Trump as a father, and I will applaud this same ability in Trump as our president.

Trump has never said that.  But he has said this:

“I mean, I won’t do anything to take care of them. I’ll supply funds and she’ll take care of the kids. It’s not like I’m gonna be walking the kids down Central Park,” Trump said in a 2005 interview with Howard Stern. “Marla used to say, ‘I can’t believe you’re not walking Tiffany down the street,’ you know in a carriage. Right, I’m gonna be walking down Fifth Avenue with a baby in a carriage. It just didn’t work.”

It’s not just babies that Trump avoids.

In a 2007 interview, Trump told Stern about his relationship with Tiffany, his daughter with Marla Marples. Trump said that Tiffany visits him, “You know for about an hour, ‘Hi dad,’ Hi Tiff, I love you Tiff.’ She’s a great kid,” says Trump, who tells Stern that Tiffany’s a smart girl—something he knows because he “glances” at her report cards.

http://fortune.com/2016/04/24/trump-act-like-wife/

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 03:59:58 pm »

You are living is a dangerous fantasy world where the Donald you see is the Trump you wish he was. Amazing when there is so much evidence to the contrary.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

geronl

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 05:34:00 pm »
The Church of Trump strikes again, who are all these prostrate worshipers who cannot think for themselves?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 05:52:50 pm »
Townhall, July 23, 2016, Liz Crokin

The political conventions seem to birth new political stars every four years and this year’s Republican National Convention was no different. In 2004, a virtually unknown senator from Chicago gave an electric speech at the Democratic National Convention that thrust him into the international spotlight and set him on a path to the White House(1). That man was President Barack Obama. This year’s GOP convention didn’t just produce a new rising star -- it birthed a whole dynasty of superstars. The world now knows why political pundits have been calling Donald Trump’s family members his secret weapon. Trump’s wife and children all hit the proverbial ball out of the park with dynamite speeches that set the perfect stage for the GOP nominee to hit a home run on the convention’s final night.(2) Donald Trump didn’t just hit a home run; he hit a grand slam, and he could not have done it without his family by his side. The Trump’s have entered a new league -- they’ve just become American royalty.(3) Here’s how the Trump family became the new Camelot in just four days.

(1)   So Obama gave an “electric speech and is a political star – good to know. He’s also smug and a, innefectual leader as POTUS. Just want to make sure we acknowledge where and to whom the bar is being set against.
(2)   Sure if you like speeches at the GOP convention that advocate big government solutions, no mentions of the Constitution and a nominee that says “he alone can fix everything”.
(3)   Royalty indeed. The founding fathers are turning in their graves as we speak.

The world waited with great anticipation to see how a Slovenian born woman -- who speaks English as her second language and prefers to be a stay-at-home mother -- would pull off a primetime speech to kick off the convention on night one. If imitation is the highest form of flattery, Melania Trump gets an A plus. Melania delivered a heartfelt speech (4) that proved she’s a woman that has both brains (5) and beauty and it made her an instant style icon. The elegant Roksanda “Margot” dress she wore during her speech sold out within hours. Fashion critics are comparing her to Jackie O and Kate Middleton and she’s caused a mania in the fashion world.(6)

(4)   Heartfelt speech that she, as we learned didn’t write and with passages cribbed from Michele Obama, a woman who evidently Melania much admires.
(5)   College dropout.
(6)   Much like Michele Obama has been praised as a fashion icon. And Jackie O - not Jackie Kennedy, Jackie O being what she became after marrying Onassis who cheated on her- just sayin’) and again with the comparisons to “royalty” - Kate Middleton.

While most 22-year-olds are looking for the best party in town or hiding in their safe spaces on college campuses,(7) Tiffany Trump found herself center stage at the ultimate political party. The recent college graduate was the first Trump child to speak at the convention. She admitted she was nervous since she’s never given a speech outside of a classroom; however, you never would’ve known if she didn’t mention it. The young beauty wowed the crowd and she even received praise from some of her father’s harshest critics such as Megan McCain. (8)

(7)   Read up on The Rich Kids Of Instagram of which Tiffany is a member and their hard partying ways.
(8)   Well everything is good in GOP Land ™ if Megan McCain gives you praise. /s

On night two during Donald Trump Jr.’s speech, I couldn’t help but notice the striking similarities between him and the late John F. Kennedy Jr. Just like JFK Jr., Donald Jr. is a brilliant speaker, good looking, charismatic and also a savvy businessman from New York City. (9) Not only does he share the same name as his famous father just as JFK Jr. did, there’s a striking resemblance in their appearances too. After Donald Jr.’s speech, I posted on my social media pages that conservatives finally have their very own JFK Jr. Immediately my social media sites exploded and many people told me they were thinking the same thing. Even some of my liberal friends went gaga for Donald Jr. (10) His fans are calling for him to run for president in 2024 and others even coined JFK Jr.-inspired nicknames for him such as “Don Don”. There’s no question Donald Trump Jr. has a bright future in politics if he ever chooses to run for office. (11)

(9) JFK Jr. was not a successful businessman; his magazine George was a dismal failure.
(10) Liberal friends going gaga for “Don Don”.  And ever since Regan’s last term, I, as a life-long conservative have been lying awake nights asking myself, “When will we finally have our own JFK Jr.”
(11) Just what we need, another political dynasty.

On Wednesday night, Trump’s middle son, Eric, took the stage and quickly became the most searched speaker of the night on Google. During his speech, Eric talked about his father’s passion for helping others, a trait he’s inherited from him. Similar to how Prince William and Prince Harry have carried on Princess Diana’s philanthropic legacy through their own charity organizations, Eric has put his money where his mouth is as well. He founded the Eric Trump Foundation -- a charity that gives money to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital – and said during his speech that there are few things that he holds closer to his heart than charity.

(12) Again with the Royal Family comparisons. Nothing perhaps wrong with the Eric Trump Foundation however and St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital is a good cause. But when you are rich enough to donate large sums of money, you get your name on the building.

I got the chance to do a one-on-one interview with Ivanka Trump several years ago and I’ve had a girl crush on her ever since. (13) On Thursday night, the rest of the world learned what I already knew about her. Ivanka has what all women want: beauty, success, grace and intelligence. She somehow manages to juggle a powerful career while raising three young kids and she still finds the time to hit the campaign trail for her dad even when she’s nine months pregnant. (In heels from her very own shoe line, no less!) She’s such a unique powerhouse woman. It's hard to find someone from any political dynasty to compare her to. (14) However, after all her rave reviews, one thing’s for sure: if she ever ran for president, there’s no doubt more women would stand with her. (15)

(13) Girl crush?
(14) Well she is better looking than either Chelsea Clinton or Caroline Kennedy, I will give her that. Probably smarter too but like them, liberal Democrats.
(15) After her speech last week, I bet her BFF Chelsea would vote for her.

The kind of old school class we saw on display from the Trump family during convention week was reminiscent of the days of John F. Kennedy’s presidency. (16) It’s seems that the Trump’s star power and grace has caused us to delete all of the cringe-worthy moments from Donald Trump’s campaign from our memories faster than Hillary Clinton can wipe a server clean (17). Jackie Kennedy didn’t believe there would ever be another Camelot. She was wrong. America’s new Royal Family has arrived.(18)

(16) What convention Liz Crokin was watching. Or maybe I wasn’t drunk or stoned enough.  BTW – Why My STD Didn’t Ruin My Shot At Happily Ever After by Liz Crokin:
http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/dated-found-love-std/834299/
(17) I understand that some STD’s can affect the brain.
(18) Enough already.  We fought a revolution to get out from under a monarchy.

FWIW:

She wrote an allegedly semi-autobiographical and from what I understand damned near pornographic novel last year that several reviewers compared to 50 Shades of Grey but said it was so badly written that it made that book look like a Pulitzer Prize winner.

https://www.amazon.com/Malice-Liz-Crokin/product-reviews/1507765665/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&showViewpoints=0

I understand her next books are going to be Donald Trump and Family erotic fan fiction:

“51 Shades of Orange”

“Fear Of Flying On JFK, Jr.’s Plane (Or Why I Thank God “Don Don” Doesn’t Have His Pilot’s License)”

“Valley of the Donald Trump Trophy Wives”

“The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Democrats”

“The Strange Island Of Jeffrey Epstein”

“Bankrupt Casino Royal”

“Interview With A Slovakian Born Former Nude Model”

“The Tiffany Monologues”

“The Story Of E(ric Trump)

(19) Townhall is really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 05:53:47 pm »
How the Trump family became Camelot in 4 days.....

.....and lost it all on Friday talking about, ironically enough,  the JFK assassination.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 05:54:38 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 07:19:28 pm »
Even better the Kennedy dynasty was built on deceit, bootlegging, mob connections and a bought and paid for Presidency, populated with alcoholics, drug addicts and adulterers. Oh and murder, how could I leave out murder(don't the Clintons really fit the narrative better) :huh?: And we want this for the Republican party, why?

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 07:34:33 pm »

What's truly pathetic, IMO, is the apparent deep-seated need to have a public figure to look up to, to gush over.  What's behind it?  Maybe it's nostalgia, like you say, especially when it comes to the Camelot stuff.  But I've seen it from Trump supporters before this.  It isn't hard to find them crowing excitedly over Trump's plane, or gushing "I just love that man!"

It's just...bizarre.  It's as though they somehow think Trump's wealth reflects onto them in some way.

Oh, and as for Trump's kids, the daughter is a Democrat and a feminist who loves Lena Dunham.  The sons, those pinched-nosed, weak-chinned punks, enjoy mouthing off on twitter and telling people they'll ruin their careers.  None of them are anything to emulate. 

geronl

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 07:39:56 pm »
This is true Cult fanaticism based on personality and nothing else.

It is scary to any rational, sane human being.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 07:48:45 pm »
So which one of them will be the one that drives off a bridge and leaves his girl to die?

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 09:08:47 pm »
This is true Cult fanaticism based on personality and nothing else.

It is scary to any rational, sane human being.

Agreed.

I just posted on another thread about the racehorse theory which Trump and his sons admit they subscribe to.  It puts forth the premise of superiority through breeding.  One of the sons is quoted in an article saying that he's destined to be better than average because of his DNA.

Now, most people see that for what it is, but I'm willing to bet that hardcore Trump supporters are in agreement with them that yes, he IS superior. 

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 09:12:56 pm »
What's truly pathetic, IMO, is the apparent deep-seated need to have a public figure to look up to, to gush over.  What's behind it?  Maybe it's nostalgia, like you say, especially when it comes to the Camelot stuff.  But I've seen it from Trump supporters before this.  It isn't hard to find them crowing excitedly over Trump's plane, or gushing "I just love that man!"

It's just...bizarre.  It's as though they somehow think Trump's wealth reflects onto them in some way.

Oh, and as for Trump's kids, the daughter is a Democrat and a feminist who loves Lena Dunham.  The sons, those pinched-nosed, weak-chinned punks, enjoy mouthing off on twitter and telling people they'll ruin their careers.  None of them are anything to emulate.

What's behind it?

Empty lives.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

HonestJohn

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 09:14:05 pm »

Yep.

Which is why Donald Trump, Jr. is evil.

For he follows, retweets, and supports many white supremacists.  And when pointed out, he'll claim he didn't know, remove the following, wait a few weeks, and refollow the supremacist.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:17:25 pm by HonestJohn »

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 09:30:38 pm »
Donald Trump Jr. ✔ @DonaldJTrumpJr

At dinner w our greenskeeper who missed his sister's wedding 2 work (luv loyalty 2 us) "No big deal hopefully she'll have another someday";)

geronl

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 09:33:26 pm »
I just posted on another thread about the racehorse theory which Trump and his sons admit they subscribe to.  It puts forth the premise of superiority through breeding.  One of the sons is quoted in an article saying that he's destined to be better than average because of his DNA.

Seed of the new Master Race... the Master Orange Race