Author Topic: Too good to check: Trump ready to invest $20 million to end Cruz’s and Kasich’s careers  (Read 8874 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Trump is going to depend on the state Republican Parties to do his campaigning for him. He has no apparatus of his own. He will have no GOTV effort, he will have no local volunteers going house to house without the state parties.

In other words, he might have zilch in Ohio already and who knows what other states.

My governor isn't endorsing here in Michigan.

Offline livius

FACT:  He WAS elected as the GOP 2016 Nominee.   ^-^

Trump got a bare plurality in some early states because there were so many candidates - so that could mean 20% max.  And this was because some of the early voting states were open primary states (where Dems can vote) or states where you can change your registration on Election Day, and Trump appealed to the elderly Dem vote.  So he wasn't really elected by a majority of anything. He got something like 38% of primary voters, who constitute only about 30 something percent of GOP general election voters.

His winning the nomination was only because of the fluke of having a vote divided between so many good candidates, having the rules slanted to the winner (even by a modest plurality) of early voting states, and having a vicious mouthed candidate who trashed his opponents, offered no conservative positions, appealed to Dems - and got massive media support.  He's their type of guy.

Offline beandog

No, he was NOMINATED as the GOP 2016 Candidate.  He has absolutely zero power.

Offline Henry Noel

The embarrassment of tRump's defeat in November,, and the duping of almost the entire GOP will have incredible consequences.

I'll go out on a limb, and say Trump's name will be near verboten at 2020 convention.

I wonder if Jim Robinson will be zotting the anti-Cruz Freepers?
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No, he was NOMINATED as the GOP 2016 Candidate.  He has absolutely zero power.

Except the power to make stupid rants about former rivals
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Free Republic may not or will barely exist by 2020.

Once the Trumpbots flee the scene, it's gonna get pretty quiet over there.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

lol.

I doubt FR can survive this. I do not see how they can even pretend to be a conservative forum ever again now that they have not only abandoned conservatism completely but thoroughly condemned it through their hate for Cruz.

geronl

Free Republic may not or will barely exist by 2020.

Once the Trumpbots flee the scene, it's gonna get pretty quiet over there.

I don't think it is possible to "walk back" to conservatism from where they are now.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I don't think it is possible to "walk back" to conservatism from where they are now.

I know.  They don't even pretend to be conservatives over there anymore.

Offline Idiot

The embarrassment of tRump's defeat in November,, and the duping of almost the entire GOP will have incredible consequences.

I'll go out on a limb, and say Trump's name will be near verboten at 2020 convention.
Hmmm....that is quite profound and very likely.  I like it!

Offline Idiot

Trump is going to depend on the state Republican Parties to do his campaigning for him. He has no apparatus of his own. He will have no GOTV effort, he will have no local volunteers going house to house without the state parties.

In other words, he might have zilch in Ohio already and who knows what other states.

I got a call this morning asking me to donate to Orange Glorious.  Needless to say the lady calling got an ear full.   8888forgot

Offline WAC

...the obvious even slides by some who still need a reality check....

You know what....it could be easily said  I’m conservative, but the truth is I no longer care about the liberal vs. conservative arguments. What I want is a country 'that works and will continue to work' for my family and their families.  In the past years and currently our elected leadership seems to have no other interest in what's significant to this nations peoples, and have certainly shown as much.

We’ve got very serious problems in this nation, but we spend all our time shouting about whether gays should be allowed to marry and what toilets to use and countless other nonsense...... Neither liberals nor conservatives have solid ideas about how to move us forward, and the lack of civility in their discourse, as well as ours, prevents them from working together to get anything worthwhile done.

By most accounts Trump 'leads' an enormous, diversified organization that is worth billions. This requires' leadership'..... Leadership, by the way, is different from knowledge. ....When you lead a large organization you set vision, goals and 'expect results'........ You delegate and empower. .......Furthermore you can get information when you need it and the president has no shortage of people ready to educate him on issues.

Trump's spent his entire life and career making deals and negotiating deals....working with officials constantly; this requires political deftness .... In his own words, he negotiates to win. This is a skill, and it's a skill this country needs.....Though Trump doesn’t have specific policy positions there's enough....but this is a standard negotiating technique.... You don’t show your hand publicly. Frankly, I like this better than electing a doctrinaire liberal or conservative who is going to Washington with predefined policy ideas......We need to get creative and we need to negotiate...I believe Donald Trump will be able to do that.

Will he be able to do all promised...of course not.....none do....but anything he accomplishes good for this country will far outweigh the alternative of Hillary and Bill Clinton!.....and I'm willing to bet Trump will do far more than some believe..possible.......Trump cannot promise greatness among us as a society or a country. However, he can promise to be a leader for greatness, and he is fitted to do so.

Offline Idiot

You know what....it could be easily said  I’m conservative, but the truth is I no longer care about the liberal vs. conservative arguments. What I want is a country 'that works and will continue to work' for my family and their families.  In the past years and currently our elected leadership seems to have no other interest in what's significant to this nations peoples, and have certainly shown as much.

We’ve got very serious problems in this nation, but we spend all our time shouting about whether gays should be allowed to marry and what toilets to use and countless other nonsense...... Neither liberals nor conservatives have solid ideas about how to move us forward, and the lack of civility in their discourse, as well as ours, prevents them from working together to get anything worthwhile done.

By most accounts Trump 'leads' an enormous, diversified organization that is worth billions. This requires' leadership'..... Leadership, by the way, is different from knowledge. ....When you lead a large organization you set vision, goals and 'expect results'........ You delegate and empower. .......Furthermore you can get information when you need it and the president has no shortage of people ready to educate him on issues.

Trump's spent his entire life and career making deals and negotiating deals....working with officials constantly; this requires political deftness .... In his own words, he negotiates to win. This is a skill, and it's a skill this country needs.....Though Trump doesn’t have specific policy positions there's enough....but this is a standard negotiating technique.... You don’t show your hand publicly. Frankly, I like this better than electing a doctrinaire liberal or conservative who is going to Washington with predefined policy ideas......We need to get creative and we need to negotiate...I believe Donald Trump will be able to do that.

Will he be able to do all promised...of course not.....none do....but anything he accomplishes good for this country will far outweigh the alternative of Hillary and Bill Clinton!.....and I'm willing to bet Trump will do far more than some believe..possible.......Trump cannot promise greatness among us as a society or a country. However, he can promise to be a leader for greatness, and he is fitted to do so.
When do you propose that he's actually going to start campaigning against the Hildabeast instead of trying to defeat/smear Senator Cruz?

Offline skeeter

You just described the leadership of the PRC.

I want a country who recognizes the primacy of the sovereign individual who's immutable rights & liberties descend from God Almighty only.

Thats how far apart we are ideologically.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:57:08 pm by skeeter »

Offline WAC

I got a call this morning asking me to donate to Orange Glorious.  Needless to say the lady calling got an ear full.   8888forgot

Could be said it sounds like you would be in Hillary's court if you took time to give the lady an ear full........did she ask you who you support?

Offline WAC

You just described the leadership of the PRC.

I want a country who recognizes the primacy of the sovereign individual who's immutable rights & liberties descend from God Almighty only......Thats how far apart we are ideologically.

That cannot happen until the garbage is taken out.......and I think possible Trump will clear the way....

Offline UnwashedPeasant

Cruz refuses to worship Glorious Leader.
He must pay!

Offline WAC

When do you propose that he's actually going to start campaigning against the Hildabeast instead of trying to defeat/smear Senator Cruz?

Well thankfully Trump does what he does in His time.....we are not even past the Conventions yet.....and the family, Trump and Manaford all said things would not escalate until after these.....though they are certainly perculating as we heard in the convention...or weren't you listening to them?

Offline WAC

Cruz refuses to worship Glorious Leader.
He must pay!

Well that's quite the stretch...feel better?

Offline skeeter

That cannot happen until the garbage is taken out.......and I think possible Trump will clear the way....

Why you would imagine Trump gives a bloody &^$ about Original Intent.

It would fly directly in the face of any remark he's ever made about what he believes is the size, scope and authority of the federal government.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Trump's name will be Mudd...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus

I doubt FR can survive this. I do not see how they can even pretend to be a conservative forum ever again now that they have not only abandoned conservatism completely but thoroughly condemned it through their hate for Cruz.

Word  ****sheep****
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Idiot

Could be said it sounds like you would be in Hillary's court if you took time to give the lady an ear full........did she ask you who you support?
:#@$%:

Offline ScottinVA

:chairbang:
This Crooked Slanderer cannot be given the power of the Presidency.  He must be stopped.

No worries.  He's not going to win in November.  He'd be lucky to land 150 EVs on Election Day.

Offline ScottinVA

Well thankfully Trump does what he does in His time..

Wow.. worship much?