Author Topic: REPORT: Donald Trump helped draft his father's will that excluded his brother's children  (Read 2134 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE HILL

URL: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264579-report-trump-helped-draft-will-that-excluded-his-brothers

by: Rebecca Kheel

Donald Trump’s tumultuous relationship with his older brother was capped off by the brother’s children being cut out of Trump’s father’s will, according to a Saturday report in The New York Times.

Freddy Trump, who eschewed the family business in favor of becoming a pilot, died in 1981 at the age of 43 after years of suffering from alcoholism.

Looking back at his brother, Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump told The Times he learned from his brother’s mistakes and that he realizes his brother was better off as a pilot.
“He would have been an amazing peacemaker if he didn’t have the problem, because everybody loved him,” he said. “He’s like the opposite of me.”

When Donald Trump’s father, Fred Sr., died in 1999, the roughly $20 million inheritance was divided up among his children and their descendants, “other than my son Fred C. Trump Jr.,” according to the Times.

Donald Trump had helped draft the will. At the time, Freddy Trump’s children sued, claiming Donald Trump and his siblings had used “undue influence” over their grandfather, who had dementia.

Donald retaliated by withdrawing the medical benefits he had promised to his nephew’s infant son, who suffered from seizures that led to cerebral palsy, according to the Times.

“I was angry because they sued,” Trump told the Times. The suit was settled “very amicably,” he added.

The Times article also details Freddy Trump’s struggles trying his hand at the family real estate business. He helped his father build Trump Village in the 1960s but was berated for installing expensive new windows instead of repairing old ones, according to the Times.

When he left real estate to become a pilot, Donald Trump gave his brother a hard time and told him to come back to the family business.

“I was too young; I didn’t realize,” he told the Times. “Now I give speeches on success, and I tell people, ‘You’ve got to love what you’re doing.’”

Trump also said he has never tried alcohol or cigarettes because of his brother’s struggles.

When asked whether he thinks his brother’s drinking was caused in part by his bad experience with the family business, Donald Trump responded: “I hope not. I hope not.”

geronl

Trump is a skunk

Wingnut

Trump entire life is a series of classless acts. Always was. Always will be.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline sinkspur

Policy aside,  Trump is a  horrible human being.   A despicable, vengeful, conspiracy-crazed loon who cannot let any slight slide.

There are no circumstances in which I could vote for him.  None, whatever.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Even if this story is true and who knows if it is, this is family business.

Offline skeeter

Yes it is. Vile, contemptible family business.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Donald Trump had helped draft the will. At the time, Freddy Trump’s children sued, claiming Donald Trump and his siblings had used “undue influence” over their grandfather, who had dementia.

Donald retaliated by withdrawing the medical benefits he had promised to his nephew’s infant son, who suffered from seizures that led to cerebral palsy, according to the Times.

“I was angry because they sued,” Trump told the Times. The suit was settled “very amicably,” he added.

Key quote:

“I was angry because they sued.”

So he lashed out at his brother’s children by withdrawing medical benefits to his ill infant great nephew.

Petty and vindictive.

It’s not an isolated incident but a pattern.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Wingnut

Well said Fredo.

Offline skeeter

Key quote:

“I was angry because they sued.”

So he lashed out at his brother’s children by withdrawing medical benefits to his ill infant great nephew.

Petty and vindictive.

It’s not an isolated incident but a pattern.

Won't make a nice campaign commercial. lol

Offline JustPassinThru

Not unlike the unconfirmed stories of Cruz' marital affairs.

IF true, that was the business of Cruz and his wife.  NOT the business of Roger Stone, Donald Trump, or National Enquirer's publisher, David Pecker.

The accusations that Cruz was not here legally and was not eligible to run for President were unfounded; was settled law 70 years ago after a century of common-law respecting the parentage of children of Americans born abroad.

And the accusation, the INSANE accusation, that Rafael Cruz was tied in with Lee Harvey Oswald, was not only not public business - it should have finished Trump's campaign.  It was insanity.  It was certainly not relevant on the fitness of this man's adult SON.

So.  Live by the sword; die by the sword.  Knowing Trump, I think this is probably true.

The Republicans just threw this election away.  Focus on the States, peeps!  Conservatives in the House and Senate, to block Billary and her insane designs.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 01:10:29 am by JustPassinThru »

Offline skeeter

Not unlike the unconfirmed stories of Cruz' marital affairs.

IF true, that was the business of Cruz and his wife.  NOT the business of Roger Stone, Donald Trump, or National Enquirer's publisher, David Pecker.

The accusations that Cruz was not here legally and was not eligible to run for President were unfounded; was settled law 70 years ago after a century of common-law respecting the parentage of children of Americans born abroad.

And the accusation, the INSANE accusation, that Rafael Cruz was tied in with Lee Harvey Oswald, was not only not public business - it should have finished Trump's campaign.  It was insanity.  It was certainly not relevant on the fitness of this man's adult SON.

So.  Live by the sword; die by the sword.  Knowing Trump, I think this is probably true.

The Republicans just threw this election away.

Except - its very possible Trump never expected to win.

I cannot think of a downside for Trump personally, should he lose to Hillary in November. On the contrary, it seems he'll be much better off financially if he loses. And he'll get to continue to sleep in his Manhattan apartment. The GOPe, too. They'll be rid of those bothersome conservative voices and they'll have someone in the White House who can play ball, not like some meddlesome Constitutionalist.

geronl

Won't make a nice campaign commercial. lol

I can hardly wait

geronl

Except - its very possible Trump never expected to win.

I cannot think of a downside for Trump personally, should he lose to Hillary in November. On the contrary, it seems he'll be much better off financially if he loses. And he'll get to continue to sleep in his Manhattan apartment. The GOPe, too. They'll be rid of those bothersome conservative voices and they'll have someone in the White House who can play ball, not like some meddlesome Constitutionalist.

The Uniparty

Offline Rivergirl

Reading the details of his behavior towards his brother explains why his children dare not go against his demands.
What a terrifying life the family lives being controlled by this madman.

geronl

Reading the details of his behavior towards his brother explains why his children dare not go against his demands.

Prisoners.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

How you treat your family is an indication of how you deal with people in general.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bob434

Donald Trump claimign hte high road said a 'man shoudl keep his word' and callign Ted despicable for not doing so- So didn't trumps son

"Donald Trump had helped draft the will. At the time, Freddy Trump’s
children sued, claiming Donald Trump and his siblings had used “undue
influence” over their grandfather, who had dementia.

Donald
retaliated by withdrawing the medical benefits he had promised to his
nephew’s infant son, who suffered from seizures that led to cerebral
palsy, according to the Times."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballo...

At le asst Ted breaking his promise AFTER trump turned out to be so nasty won't lead ot cerebral palsy! Trump Abrogated (abrogated adjective annulled, barred, declared null and void) the pledge by changing so radically AFTER you conned Ted into supporting you- Ted CRuz was absolutely right to refuse to further support you once you turned into the vicious maligning, slander person you did!

Had someone pledged to support a person like Farakan, or David Duke BEFORE either of them turned to their hateful ways, they would be under NO obligation to go on supporting them because those p people Abrogated the pledge by their actions- Donald turned into a hateful spiteful vicious person AFTER Ted said he would support him for the presidency-

Donald Abrogated that pledge by proving he isn't fit to be president- up until Trump became so nasty- People simply wondered whether he could lead or not, and folks were willign to at least give him a chance- when trump later did the despicable things he did- He proved too immature to be president- He revealed to everyone that he is a petty vicious person in a way that made it clear He was NOT the man that people thought he was- Ted was absolutely correct to break his pledge to support him After being deceived by him and later learning the truth about trump!

Ted shoudl throw that statement about what trump did to his nephew back in trumps face and say "Tell me again how you are a 'man of your word'? Because frankly I'm not seeing it! And Don't worry Donald, at least you won't get cerebral palsy because I later learned what a deespicable person you are and decided I could no longer, in good conscience, support you"

Offline LadyLiberty

Must be true, Trump himself pretty much admitted it:  “I was angry because they sued,” Trump told the Times. The suit was settled “very amicably,” he added.

I bet it also required them to sign an NDA, so they aren't allowed to talk about it now.

Drip, drip, drip ..... now that he's the nominee the MSM isn't going to hold back the truth about him anymore.  This is probably nothing compared to what's to come.

Offline Suppressed

It's also why it's hard to find business associates who'll express their true thoughts about him. He lives by the tyrant's iron hand.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

He rips people off, it's just his lifestyle.

He should be a pariah, IMO, and we should shun him.

Offline Idiot

Well said Fredo.
That pretty well sums it up.  When I saw all of the Trump's on stage after his speech this is exactly what I thought of.  Thanks for posting it.

geronl

It's also why it's hard to find business associates who'll express their true thoughts about him. He lives by the tyrant's iron hand.

BTW, has anyone heard from a single, solitary actual friend (not business or political associate but a real life pal) of Trump?

I have heard that he has no actual personal friends.

Offline Suppressed

BTW, has anyone heard from a single, solitary actual friend (not business or political associate but a real life pal) of Trump?

I have heard that he has no actual personal friends.

Himself.

He's a malignant narcissist. They typically don't have (m)any friends.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LadyLiberty

Himself.

He's a malignant narcissist. They typically don't have (m)any friends.

That's because he uses them up and then tosses them aside.