Author Topic: Who said this: Ivanka Trump or Hillary Clinton?  (Read 584 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Who said this: Ivanka Trump or Hillary Clinton?
« on: July 22, 2016, 05:02:41 pm »
SOURCE: CNN

URL: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/politics/ivanka-trump-hillary-clinton-women/index.html

By Chris Moody; Video by Jeff Simon

Donald Trump would use the power of the federal government to "change labor laws" to ensure companies pay women and men equally, and he would pursue universal childcare policies if elected president, according to his daughter, Ivanka Trump, who spoke Thursday at the Republican National Convention.

"Politicians talk about wage equality, but my father has made it a practice at his company throughout his entire career," Ivanka Trump said before introducing her father on the convention stage. "He will fight for equal pay for equal work and I will fight for this, too, right alongside of him."

The promises made by Trump's eldest daughter on the gender equality issue reflect a departure from traditional federal labor policies emphasized by Republican leaders. If true, it would put her father's agenda closer to that of his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, than others in his party.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO AND THE REST....

Offline LMAO

Re: Who said this: Ivanka Trump or Hillary Clinton?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 05:05:27 pm »
SOURCE: CNN

URL: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/politics/ivanka-trump-hillary-clinton-women/index.html

By Chris Moody; Video by Jeff Simon

Donald Trump would use the power of the federal government to "change labor laws" to ensure companies pay women and men equally, and he would pursue universal childcare policies if elected president, according to his daughter, Ivanka Trump, who spoke Thursday at the Republican National Convention.

"Politicians talk about wage equality, but my father has made it a practice at his company throughout his entire career," Ivanka Trump said before introducing her father on the convention stage. "He will fight for equal pay for equal work and I will fight for this, too, right alongside of him."

The promises made by Trump's eldest daughter on the gender equality issue reflect a departure from traditional federal labor policies emphasized by Republican leaders. If true, it would put her father's agenda closer to that of his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, than others in his party.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO AND THE REST....

The new Progressive Nationalist/Populist wing......sigh

The only difference between them and the Democrats is they at least love the country
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 05:24:44 pm »
Hillary and Ivanka are both Democrats.  Why should anyone be surprised at her comments?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 06:05:58 pm »
The new Progressive Nationalist/Populist wing......sigh

The only difference between them and the Democrats is they at least SAY THEY love the country

fixed

Offline Leto

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 09:52:31 pm »
Hillary and Ivanka are both Democrats.  Why should anyone be surprised at her comments?

Ivanka and Chelsea Clinton are good friends.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:11:24 pm »
And vociferous boos rained down as,,,,

Wait. What?

They didn't?

Never mind

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 11:18:34 pm »
Just in case  Chelsea Clinton's  introduces  her Mom next week, here is a tip for her speech  - plagiarize parts of Ivanka's speech.  And you know, it would sound just about right. A progressive speech at the RNC or DNC is still a progressive speech.

Hmmmmmmmm   Let me try something with that progressive part of  Ivanka's speech and see if it works - just changing references from Trump to Hillary

Women represent 46 percent of the total U.S. labor force, and 40 percent of American households have female primary breadwinners. In 2014, women made 83 cents for every dollar made by a man. Single women without children earn 94 cents for each dollar earned by a man, whereas married mothers made only 77 cents. As researchers have noted, gender is no longer the factor creating the greatest wage discrepancy in this country, motherhood is.

As President, my MOM will change the labor laws that were put into place at a time when women were not a significant portion of the workforce. And she will focus on making quality childcare affordable and accessible for all.

(APPLAUSE)

As a mother myself I know how hard it is to work while raising a family. And I also know that I’m far more fortunate than most. American families need relief. Policies that allow women with children to thrive should not be novelties, they should be the norm. Politicians talk about wage equality, but my mom has made it a practice while running the Clinton foundation, working in Washington and as the Senator of New York.

(APPLAUSE)

She will fight for equal pay for equal work, and I will fight for this too, right along side of her.

Yep, it works.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:20:22 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

geronl

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 11:27:05 pm »
Just in case  Chelsea Clinton's  introduces  her Mom next week, here is a tip for her speech  - plagiarize parts of Ivanka's speech.  And you know, it would sound just about right. A progressive speech at the RNC or DNC is still a progressive speech.

They can thank Ivanka and Donald for  being on their side.