Author Topic: Donald Trump 'Will Not Accept' even If Ted Cruz Endorses Him  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Donald Trump 'Will Not Accept' even If Ted Cruz Endorses Him
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2016, 01:56:44 am »
Wrong, as usual.  If Trump wrote off Cruz, he wrote off me (and most of the rest of us principled conservatives).  I stand with Ted.  We won't vote for Hillary, who is just as bad as Trump, but for Johnson or Castle or someone else.  But Trump has lost our votes with his petty vindictiveness.  And in the process he's probably destroyed the GOP permanently.  I'm sure you're happy about trying to convert principled conservatism into hero-worshipping authoritarianism, but we won't follow you into the morass of Trump worship.

A couple of points. First, Cruz's career is over, so you should let that go for your own sake. More importantly, most conservatives and Republicans...just as principled if not moreso than yourself...fully support Mr. Trump. You are out there with the Bush-Romney-Kristol establishment axis, so enjoy yourself with those fine fellows. As for hero worship, it was Ted that you and your ilk called the "Chosen" one...that's where the crazy sits. The rest of us are supporting a ticket that will bring much needed change to Washington, and which will govern in an efficient and principled way. We worship no one, and see all the flaws in ALL of the candidates...including the man we are supporting.

So you and your chosen one and the 15 other NeverTrump holdouts will do what you do...have fun. The door is always open should you ever return to sanity.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2016, 02:02:04 am »
A couple of points. First, Cruz's career is over, so you should let that go for your own sake. More importantly, most conservatives and Republicans...just as principled if not moreso than yourself...fully support Mr. Trump. You are out there with the Bush-Romney-Kristol establishment axis, so enjoy yourself with those fine fellows. As for hero worship, it was Ted that you and your ilk called the "Chosen" one...that's where the crazy sits. The rest of us are supporting a ticket that will bring much needed change to Washington, and which will govern in an efficient and principled way. We worship no one, and see all the flaws in ALL of the candidates...including the man we are supporting.

So you and your chosen one and the 15 other NeverTrump holdouts will do what you do...have fun. The door is always open should you ever return to sanity.

Don't worship Trump.

Bull, you bow to the Orange Baal daily.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2016, 02:02:42 am »
Don't worship Trump.

Bull, you bow to the Orange Baal daily.

Please don't feed the trolls!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WAC

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2016, 02:19:16 am »
......its true. Trump wrote off Cruz, not all of his supporters...MANY of whom have already come over to support him. But yes, a 2-3% difference could decide the election, and if that portion is roughly equivalent to Nevertrumps who vote Hillary or don't vote...than they bear the burden of Hillary winning. That's not a moral call, its simple mathematics.

Actually Cruz wrote off his own entire political career, he's no longer relevant.............perhaps it was Cruz who should have gone third party.... then those who hold tightly to what they perceive as Conservatisim would at least have a candidate to support.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2016, 02:31:15 am »

Ted will be relevant, and at the center of Conservative action long after trump steaks quit selling.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2016, 02:35:27 am »

Ted will be relevant, and at the center of Conservative action long after trump steaks quit selling.

Apparently Trump sells Bush Brothers Steaks, lol.

Offline Fantom

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:39:56 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2016, 02:45:47 am »
Donny is such a buffoon.  If he won't accept Cruz's endorsement even IF Cruz gives him one, then why in the word is he making such a big deal about Cruz not endorsing him?? 

I also read where Trump would fund super PAC's to go against Cruz and Kasich! 

Hello...Mr. Trump ... is there anybody home upstairs?  He should be going afterHillary -- but nah ... he'd rather assure her seat in the oval office so he keeps going after former rivals.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-07-22/trump-would-fund-super-pacs-aimed-at-taking-down-cruz-kasich-iqybu9m1

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2016, 04:33:45 am »
He won't accept that which is not going to be offered?

WTF does that even mean?  :shrug:
I swear, folks get weird living in the city... Must be something in that treatment plant water...

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2016, 11:55:46 am »

Your "couple of points" are totally untrue, of course.  "Most" conservatives fully support Trump?  That's just a flat lie.  As for Trump bringing "much needed change to Washington," and governing "in an efficient and principled way," you sound just like the Obama acolytes from 2008.  You're not capable of self-observation, are you?  And you constantly project your shortcomings onto the rest of us, who have seen through the cloud of dissimulation you constantly put out.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2016, 11:58:27 am »
Actually Cruz wrote off his own entire political career, he's no longer relevant.............perhaps it was Cruz who should have gone third party.... then those who hold tightly to what they perceive as Conservatisim would at least have a candidate to support.

Oh please.  Cruz did absolutely nothing to hurt himself politically by giving the best speech of the convention.  If anything, he bolstered his career.  And "what they perceive" as conservatism is in fact, conservatism.  As opposed to the populist worship of the "big man" that you Trumpists seem to think is a principled belief in something or other.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline John W

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2016, 12:06:25 pm »
SOURCE: ABC NEWS

URL: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-accept-ted-cruz-endorses/story?id=40801990

by:  VERONICA STRACQUALURSI ADAM KELSEY NOAH FITZGEREL 

Thanking his volunteers in Cleveland a day after the Republican National Convention wrapped, GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump today slammed Ted Cruz's Wednesday night speech and said he “will not accept” if the Texas senator ever decides to endorse him.

"Honestly, he may have ruined his political career. I feel so badly," Trump said this morning of Cruz, his former primary rival.

Cruz was booed off the stage on the third day of the convention for suggesting that people should “vote their conscience” in November. The Texas senator defended his speech the next morning at a Texas delegate breakfast, arguing he’s “not in the habit of supporting someone who attacks my wife and attacks my father.”

Bur Trump said this morning that Cruz will “come and endorse over the next little while. It's because he has no choice. But I don't want his endorsement. What difference does it make?"

"Ted, just stay home, relax, enjoy yourself," Trump said to laughter from the crowd of supporters and convention volunteers.

Trump said he reviewed a version of Cruz's speech, which included no endorsement, but allowed him to take the stage anyway Wednesday night.

“He got up and he added a sentence, which could have been viewed as a nasty thing in terms of what he said because he was implying something which is wrong. But that's OK,” Trump said, referring to Cruz’s “vote your conscience" line.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Sure it's been posted in the pages before this but who/what should the GOP candidate be focusing on day after convention ended?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2016, 12:32:16 pm »
Oh please.  Cruz did absolutely nothing to hurt himself politically by giving the best speech of the convention.  If anything, he bolstered his career.  And "what they perceive" as conservatism is in fact, conservatism.  As opposed to the populist worship of the "big man" that you Trumpists seem to think is a principled belief in something or other.
Hes toast.

http://truthfeed.com/sore-loser-ted-cruz-destroyed-on-his-own-facebook-page-by-former-cruz-supporters/12591/
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2016, 12:57:19 pm »
Trump is one of that sort who believes that every man has his price, and it frustrates him to think that this doesn't apply to Cruz.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2016, 01:23:43 pm »
Your "couple of points" are totally untrue, of course.  "Most" conservatives fully support Trump?  That's just a flat lie.  As for Trump bringing "much needed change to Washington," and governing "in an efficient and principled way," you sound just like the Obama acolytes from 2008.  You're not capable of self-observation, are you?  And you constantly project your shortcomings onto the rest of us, who have seen through the cloud of dissimulation you constantly put out.

Whoa - that was beautiful!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2016, 01:26:28 pm »
Sure it's been posted in the pages before this but who/what should the GOP candidate be focusing on day after convention ended?

His own party members?   Isn't that the right answer?  I guess it depends on what he considers his party.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2016, 03:32:12 pm »
Hes toast.

http://truthfeed.com/sore-loser-ted-cruz-destroyed-on-his-own-facebook-page-by-former-cruz-supporters/12591/

Given your demonstrated incorrectness in pretty much all things, I'd say that's good evidence that he's riding high.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:34:54 pm by Doug Loss »
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!