Author Topic: Was it a Set-up? Did Ted Cruz unwittingly play his role in Trump’s script for the GOP Convention TV show?  (Read 1380 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Trump probably knew Cruz would not endorse him as evidenced by his supporters continued and pervasive antics to attack Trump prior to the convention.

Let's correct that.... Trump and his camp and the RNC ALREADY KNEW what Ted Cruz was going to say. His speech was given to them in advanced and pre-cleared. Trump himself said so.

Also, Cruz already told the Trump campaign that he was NOT going to give a tacit endorsement. Therefore, what Cruz was going to say is NOT a surprise to Trump. The surprise was ON CRUZ.

Regarding your other issue, Cruz' efforts to shut down government were a disaster.  Instead of shutting down government, they should have passed proposed legislation repealing Obamacare and forcing Obama's veto and energy defending his actions.

Ha ha ha, pass legislation repealing Obamacare.... BEEN THERE DONE THAT. How many times have they passed legislation repealing Obamacare?

Bueller, Bueller, Anyone? Anyone?

READ HOW MANY TIMES HERE:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no-house-republicans-havent-voted-50-times-to-repeal-obamacare/article/2545733

Need I remind you that Obama has the VETO pen.

So, you are proposing that they do the same thing over and over again without achieving anything?

What does Congress have? They have the POWER OF THE PURSE, and that is what Cruz wanted them to use to stop Obamacare.

Did he get any support from the establishment Republicans? You know the answer. And for that he is hated....

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The article implies that Trump set this all up, but for what end game? To get people to hate Cruz more?

The enemy is Hillary Clinton here. Getting the supporters all riled up about Cruz seems to be a misdirection of their energies if anything.

Why?

1.  Because its what bullies do.
2.  Using Cruz as a whipping boy has worked pretty well so far.
3.  Trumps political foe is not Hillary or the Democrats.  Its the conservative / Tea Party / Constitution loving people in the Republican party.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RetBobbyMI

[The opponent here is Hillary Clinton.

Not to Ted Cruz.

I would disagree. It is not anything to do with opponents of anything and everything to do with what a candidate is for. If they aren't for protecting our God given liberties and the constitution as the foundation for this country, then they do not deserve support. You can read. Any candidate it to that equation. The only one I personally see meeting that criteria is Darrell Castle. Again it has nothing to do with being against.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy