Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Defiant Message After RNC Speech: “I Will Not Be A Servile Puppy Dog”; He was Gracious In His Speech, But Only Up to a Point  (Read 354 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/07/21/ted-cruzs-defiant-message-rnc-speech-will-servile-puppy-dog/

by: Brandon Morse

Ted Cruz isn't done taking a stand opposite of Trump yet. After last night's RNC speech that made history, Cruz isn't mincing words about his thoughts about Donald Trump.

Just hours after this speech, a fiery Cruz was speaking in front of a crowd again and let everyone know that due to the campaign tactics used against he and his wife, Cruz will continue to stand defiantly against Trump.

"I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father," he said to great applause. "And that pledge was not a blanket commitment that if you go and slander and attack Heidi and my father, that I'm going to nonetheless come like a servile puppy dog, and say thank you very much for maligning my wife, and maligning my father."

For a good while, Cruz has more or less kept his cards close to his chest about Trump, but now has them laid out on the table for all to see. Cruz is no friend to Donald Trump, and stands opposed to him.

His graciousness goes about as far as congratulating him on his victory, but that's it. The uncouth attacks on his wife and father were a step too far.

Party unity was tossed out the window long ago, but it's safe to say now that Cruz has firmly planted his foot opposite of Trump, alongside many other Republicans.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Leto

"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline chae

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That would be Lion Ted. The Trump team doesn't know how to spell.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm going to nonetheless come like a servile puppy dog,

Left to Right....   Sessions   Pence    Crisite     Walker     Gingrich
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.