Author Topic: Donald Trump on John Kasich: ‘If I got beaten that badly, I wouldn’t show up, either’  (Read 2494 times)

Offline skeeter

Get over yourself. You either do whats right for your own future or go to the stock cars under Hilary's watch while Rapefugess rape your daughters.

Wow. I appreciate the lengths you're going to to try to compel the hesitant to vote for your guy.

He surely isn't making your job any easier.

Offline Suppressed

Seriously, I can't imagine anyone who voted for Kasich who, in the absence of Kasich would have voted for Cruz. 

You should talk with Mech. He seems it's very easy to vote against one's ideology in order to keep an opponent out of office.  I'm sure many, many Kasich voters would vote against Trump even if not for Cruz!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RetBobbyMI

Get over yourself. You either do whats right for your own future or go to the stock cars under Hilary's watch while Rapefugess rape your daughters.
Bite me!  And your Trumpistic Brown shirt insults don't change my mind or millions of others turned off by your Trump like attitude. So piss off.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Mechanicos

You should talk with Mech. He seems it's very easy to vote against one's ideology in order to keep an opponent out of office.  I'm sure many, many Kasich voters would vote against Trump even if not for Cruz!
Kaisch was nobody's 2nd choice. Trump was the top alternate choice of people who voted for somebody else.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline unknown

“If I got beaten that badly, I wouldn’t show up, either,” Mr. Trump said. “So he doesn’t have to show up. It’s fine.”

Ouch!!

But then Kasich is one of the worst RINOS, GOPe, etc. Kasich is really a democrat!! As is Jebbie, and almost all the other candidates.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
"Donald Trump on John Kasich: ‘If I got beaten that badly, I wouldn’t show up, either’"

And the hits just keep on comin' ...!

You tell 'em, Donald.

The truth .... well.... sometimes it hurts.

It just makes Trump look small.   And his followers look stupid.   Are they serious about defeating Clinton, or settling scores with folks like me?   These idiots think the purge begins before the election is won. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

geronl

geronl

“If I got beaten that badly, I wouldn’t show up, either,” Mr. Trump said. “So he doesn’t have to show up. It’s fine.”

first they were called traitors for not showing up

lol

Which is impossible because none of them swore allegiance to Satan

Offline MACVSOG68

What it boils down to is I like a candidate who at least knows that we are a Republic not a democracy, the functions of the three branches of government and knowledge of the Constitution.  Obviously those expectations for president aren't as important to many as 'likeability'.   Silly me, I just don't see a very rich orange buffoon as a 'likeable' president, nor do I like anyone that will continue this country on its current path of destruction.

As I've said before many times, neither Trump nor Cruz is likeable.  Fortunately for Trump now, Hillary isn't either.  Problem is your candidate is no longer a candidate.  And as a conservative, I can't do much about who the nominees are, but I can certainly cast my vote for my Party's nominee.  Not being endowed with the gift of prescience like so many here, I don't know how Trump will work to turn the Country back around.  I do know that I'm not throwing away my vote for some dream of eventually moving back to the past. Some here who will never vote for Trump have bragged about refusing to vote for McCain and Romney.  There's nothing conservative about telling the only party that can save conservatism to go to hell election after election.  And they're among those who love to call so many in the Party RINOs?  Go figure.  JMHO of course. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Henry Noel

I understand to a certain extent what you are saying; however, it is Kasich who I feel is more responsible than anyone for bolstering Trump.  Had he suspended his campaign after if it was abundantly clear that he had no path to victory and left the decision to the voters between Cruz and Trump, we may have witnessed a different outcome.  It was Kasich who backed out of the deal he made with Cruz.  Sorry, but Kasich IMHO isn't any more honorable than Trump; in fact I think he and Trump made a deal and Trump turned around and sucker punched him in the end.

Agreed. But the point here is that Trump, who needs the support of Kasich's voters, has just kicked them in the gut. Nice way to encourage solidarity, that.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
As I've said before many times, neither Trump nor Cruz is likeable.  Fortunately for Trump now, Hillary isn't either.  Problem is your candidate is no longer a candidate.  And as a conservative, I can't do much about who the nominees are, but I can certainly cast my vote for my Party's nominee.  Not being endowed with the gift of prescience like so many here, I don't know how Trump will work to turn the Country back around.  I do know that I'm not throwing away my vote for some dream of eventually moving back to the past. Some here who will never vote for Trump have bragged about refusing to vote for McCain and Romney.  There's nothing conservative about telling the only party that can save conservatism to go to hell election after election.  And they're among those who love to call so many in the Party RINOs?  Go figure.  JMHO of course.

I agree - conservatives need to support the Republican Party, it's the only viable vehicle for electing conservatives to government.   This year,  that support is especially needed because the House and Senate are at stake, and we will need that bulwark against President Clinton.     

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I agree - conservatives need to support the Republican Party, it's the only viable vehicle for electing conservatives to government.   This year,  that support is especially needed because the House and Senate are at stake, and we will need that bulwark against President Clinton.   

The Republican party needs to do something, anything, to earn our support.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Agreed.

My quandary here is that I truly believe that the people who wish to see that Party torn apart are the ones who have succeeded in nominating the individual who will bring about its demise.

Promoting conservatism hasn't even been a bleep in the radar in this cycle's topics. It has been, and will continue to be an election based on negatives with both major party's candidates promoting bigger, more intrusive government, and the GOP candidate's supporters openly advocating a Barack Obama-like Presidency-by-Executive-decree, so long as "our side" gets to rule.

So, do we save the Party that's playing Russian roulette by putting extra bullets in the chambers, or do we take the gun away and hope to live to fight another day?

You're correct in that the GOP is the Party that can save conservatism, but as the Trump revolution reaches its goal of tearing down the Grand Old Party of Lincoln and Reagan, the flaw in their Light Brigade charge becomes glaringly obvious.

The only thing ready to take the place of what they've torn apart, is exactly that which they sought to defeat. 

God, I hope I am wrong, but I see are years of Democrat dominance looming.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline MACVSOG68

Like you, I voted for Kasich in spite of his petulant behavior during a couple of the debates.  But I'm very displeased with him for his refusal to appear.  Ohio is his state.  Regardless of how he feels about Trump, he owed it to Cleveland to be there if only to help open the convention.  He didn't have to give a speech in support of anyone, but could have talked of the issues the Country faces and encouraged at least down-ticket votes for Republicans. 

Offline MACVSOG68

Agreed.

My quandary here is that I truly believe that the people who wish to see that Party torn apart are the ones who have succeeded in nominating the individual who will bring about its demise.

Promoting conservatism hasn't even been a bleep in the radar in this cycle's topics. It has been, and will continue to be an election based on negatives with both major party's candidates promoting bigger, more intrusive government, and the GOP candidate's supporters openly advocating a Barack Obama-like Presidency-by-Executive-decree, so long as "our side" gets to rule.

So, do we save the Party that's playing Russian roulette by putting extra bullets in the chambers, or do we take the gun away and hope to live to fight another day?

You're correct in that the GOP is the Party that can save conservatism, but as the Trump revolution reaches its goal of tearing down the Grand Old Party of Lincoln and Reagan, the flaw in their Light Brigade charge becomes glaringly obvious.

The only thing ready to take the place of what they've torn apart, is exactly that which they sought to defeat. 

God, I hope I am wrong, but I see are years of Democrat dominance looming.

I fear for the Democrat dominance too.  Trump will have a large hole to climb out of.  I've seen here that many believe he will be worse than Hillary, something I have seen no evidence of.  I didn't vote for him in the primary, but I'm not going to throw away my vote on some meaningless protest pick.  I can't speak for Trump supporters in general other than to say that those few here who are staunch believers in him do not want to destroy the Party.  They are good conservatives some even part of the RR.  The only thing I can say is whatever they see in the nominee, I hope he can deliver, and unless something changes, as of now he has my vote.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I fear for the Democrat dominance too.  Trump will have a large hole to climb out of.  I've seen here that many believe he will be worse than Hillary, something I have seen no evidence of.  I didn't vote for him in the primary, but I'm not going to throw away my vote on some meaningless protest pick.  I can't speak for Trump supporters in general other than to say that those few here who are staunch believers in him do not want to destroy the Party.  They are good conservatives some even part of the RR.  The only thing I can say is whatever they see in the nominee, I hope he can deliver, and unless something changes, as of now he has my vote.

The Trump phenomenon perfectly illustrates the inherent danger behind multiparty systems. The conventional vote is divided among several conventional candidates allowing a small, determined minority with enough of a solid plurality to seize power.

That's what happened here.

Whether Trump is worse than Hillary or not is yet to be determined. As you say there is no evidence to support that idea, but what's even more worrisome to me is that there is no record to speak of to base a solid idea of what to expect from a President Trump. What there is, is a confusing, disjointed, contradictory mass of statements from the man topped off by more reversals than I can think of.

At least, with a Hillary presidency, the GOP would be duty-bound to act as somewhat of an opposition Party. With Trump, the GOP is duty-bound to support whatever comes to his mind at any time.

So then what's more dangerous?

That which you expect, or that which you can't?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline MACVSOG68

The Trump phenomenon perfectly illustrates the inherent danger behind multiparty systems. The conventional vote is divided among several conventional candidates allowing a small, determined minority with enough of a solid plurality to seize power.

That's what happened here.

Whether Trump is worse than Hillary or not is yet to be determined. As you say there is no evidence to support that idea, but what's even more worrisome to me is that there is no record to speak of to base a solid idea of what to expect from a President Trump. What there is, is a confusing, disjointed, contradictory mass of statements from the man topped off by more reversals than I can think of.

At least, with a Hillary presidency, the GOP would be duty-bound to act as somewhat of an opposition Party. With Trump, the GOP is duty-bound to support whatever comes to his mind at any time.

So then what's more dangerous?

That which you expect, or that which you can't?

You make a good case Luis, but I'm down to this.  Yes I know what Hillary would do and I don't know what Trump will do if elected.  Some here have referred to his win at all cost style as evidence that he really wants to hand it over to Hillary.  I see it as his lifelong style...winning at all cost.  He's not a person who gives in unless he comes out with most of what he wants.  I'll watch carefully to see who he surrounds himself with as he begins announcing his cabinet picks and more of his advisors.  I can at least hope Trump will lead on the right side of the aisle; I cannot even hope for that with Hillary. 

Offline mountaineer

I can at least hope Trump will lead on the right side of the aisle; I cannot even hope for that with Hillary.
We do know Hillary will continue Obama's all-out assault on oil, coal and gas production, just to start. She's said as much. We know she'll do everything possible to further restrict First and Second Amendment rights. We know she will not put the interests of the USA before those of other countries, especially Islamic ones (thanks, Huma!)

We don't know what Trump might do. I find him utterly repulsive, frankly. Hillary is just pure evil, however, so I do have a hope - however slim - that a President Trump would not be as destructive of my country.

High praise, indeed.   :shrug:

Heaven help us.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline MACVSOG68

We do know Hillary will continue Obama's all-out assault on oil, coal and gas production, just to start. She's said as much. We know she'll do everything possible to further restrict First and Second Amendment rights. We know she will not put the interests of the USA before those of other countries, especially Islamic ones (thanks, Huma!)

We don't know what Trump might do. I find him utterly repulsive, frankly. Hillary is just pure evil, however, so I do have a hope - however slim - that a President Trump would not be as destructive of my country.

High praise, indeed.   :shrug:

Heaven help us.

Agreed, and overshadowing those issues will be the court nominations that will ensure her agenda.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Like you, I voted for Kasich in spite of his petulant behavior during a couple of the debates.  But I'm very displeased with him for his refusal to appear.  Ohio is his state.  Regardless of how he feels about Trump, he owed it to Cleveland to be there if only to help open the convention.  He didn't have to give a speech in support of anyone, but could have talked of the issues the Country faces and encouraged at least down-ticket votes for Republicans.

Kasich IS encouraging down-ticket votes for Republicans.   He has and will be giving speeches and helping to raise money for GOP Congressional candidates.   

He's not abandoning the party, and neither am I.   The retention of Congress has got to be our biggest goal this year, and Kasich is fully on board with that.   

I didn't ask for much this year.  Although I enthusiastically supported Kasich and donated money to his campaign, I would have supported any of the other candidates in the general except, of course, for Donald Trump.  Trump's my line in the sand; as much as I don't want to see liberals prevail,  I cannot in good conscience support a man who's unfit, unmoored and unprincipled.   In short,  I'd rather proceed forward in full-throated opposition to President Clinton for four years than chance turning the reigns of power over to someone as batspit crazy and dangerous as Trump.

And, yes, I was and have been open to Trump proving his mettle,  but he can't or won't do so.  It's still all about his lashing out at his Republican "enemies".  He's obsessed with it.  He can't stop, even in the wake of his biggest triumph.   The other day,  at the very time Sean Smith's mom was speaking from the podium about Clinton's complicity in the death of her son,  Trump was being interviewed on Fox about how displeased he was with John Kasich.   How stupid can you get?   

And then there's Trump's obnoxious, sore-winner supporters.   To hell with 'em.  I realize that's an emotional reaction, but if the magnanimity of victory they declare folks like me irrelevant, than to hell with 'em.     

I'm proud of John Kasich.   He's stood by what he believes.  I hope he stays engaged as one of the future bulwarks against President Clinton.   
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:48:05 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline MACVSOG68

Kasich IS encouraging down-ticket votes for Republicans.   He has and will be giving speeches and helping to raise money for GOP Congressional candidates.   

He's not abandoning the party, and neither am I.   

Let's just say we have a very different view of Kasich.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Let's just say we have a very different view of Kasich.

Fair enough.  I've been a fan of the guy ever since he was first elected to Congress in the first Reagan wave.   He's the sort of thoughtful, effective conservative we need more of in government.   He's accomplished great things in his career, and I hope he decides to run again in 2020.   

Offline MACVSOG68

Fair enough.  I've been a fan of the guy ever since he was first elected to Congress in the first Reagan wave.   He's the sort of thoughtful, effective conservative we need more of in government.   He's accomplished great things in his career, and I hope he decides to run again in 2020.

He might, but I tend to doubt it, with all the potentials already thinking about higher office, like Cruz of course, Rubio obviously, Martinez, Haley, even Ernst and probably a few more.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
He might, but I tend to doubt it, with all the potentials already thinking about higher office, like Cruz of course, Rubio obviously, Martinez, Haley, even Ernst and probably a few more.

Yeah,  let's do that again - run a dozen or more candidates who split the vote so a plurality supporting a fascist a-hole can steal the nomination.   
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:55:23 pm by Jazzhead »