Author Topic: Protests break out on convention floor after anti-Trump effort fails  (Read 2192 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Protests break out on convention floor after anti-Trump effort fails
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 01:16:33 am »
He can't do it!

A 3rd party candidate doesn't have a chance. All a 3rd party candidate can do is act as a spoiler, or a protest vote. What Sen Cruz can do is give a speech explaining how he has always fought the entrenched interests and fights for conservatism. In 2020 he runs again and we fight even harder for him.

All the strong arm tactics did was reconfirm the importance of not voting for Trump regardless of who the other party nominates.

If you keep practicing insanity, then all one ever achieves is becoming it's codependent and one can never be free of it's enslavement.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 01:27:16 am »
Union thugs showing up at your door with clubs and one of them is holding your child who was playing in the front yard and they hand you the union voting slip, "Nice family you got here..."

"That's just grassroots democracy in action." They say as they leave and you are hiding in a closet clutching your children, afraid.

Seriously, they got a talking to on the floor of a political convention...that's democracy at its grass roots level.

Offline bilo

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 01:32:17 am »
I guess you are not a student of political history. In 1860, there was a third party in only its second election cycle. They had a hard time unifying around a single candidate until they eventually settled on a young lawyer from Illinois who went on the win the election. Tell Abe Lincoln that third parties can't win.

For a third party to be successful you need to elect a majority of Congressmen. The rules to get on the ballots are tough, if not near impossible. You either convert the Pubs, or Rats, to your view or you stand on the outside complaining.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 01:37:31 am »
If you keep practicing insanity, then all one ever achieves is becoming it's codependent and one can never be free of it's enslavement.

Not true. You do what the conservatives are doing. You fight to bend the rules to support your cause and if that fails you with hold your support. Once you have enough like minded people holding office you fight as a voting block. Conservatives forced out Boehner and kept Ryan from bringing up gun control.

I won't be voting for Trump, but I will vote for any conservatives on my ballot. I won't contribute to Trump, or the GOP, but I will send contributions to conservatives. I accept that we have suffered a terrible defeat, but as long as I am able I will fight on.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 01:44:01 am »
Not true. You do what the conservatives are doing. You fight to bend the rules to support your cause and if that fails you with hold your support. Once you have enough like minded people holding office you fight as a voting block. Conservatives forced out Boehner and kept Ryan from bringing up gun control.

Respectfully, I'm done with hope in olive branch petitions.

Conservatives are by and large surrendering to where they see the seig-heiling mob marching and are led to think they only way they have relevance is to work from within a corrupted party and oligarchy that just a few hours ago demonstrated the absurdity of thought that Conservatives will ever have a voice in the GOP.

It's time for a clean separation and independence from the Beast at Mordor on the Potomac, including her corrupted demon children.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:45:56 am by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 02:13:56 am »
For a third party to be successful you need to elect a majority of Congressmen. The rules to get on the ballots are tough, if not near impossible. You either convert the Pubs, or Rats, to your view or you stand on the outside complaining.

Oh baloney!  If that were true then the GOP should have never won anything since the GOP hasn't had a majority until recent history. But given that, if everyone against Trump banded together, there might be a chance for someone other than Trump or Clinton.  Or cling on to Trump or Clinton.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:17:05 am by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 02:36:03 am »
You're so orgasmically tied to your political savior that you cannot even comprehend that what was just done with that voice vote was to take any and all power the grassroots would have had in terms of influencing the rules for the GOP (not just for Trump), and put it into the sole power and authority of Priebus and Trump, making the Establishment not only stronger - but invincible.

Manafort and Trump made the deal to ensure the entrenchment of the Ruling Class Oligarchy was permanent.  Perhaps McConnell will address it during his prime time speech to his subjects.

And you have the audacity to say that this is how 'Democracy on the floor works in "our" Republic"??????

Wrong, that's how corruption and despotism operates in your tyranny.

And how proud you are.

No, the Trump movement IS the grassroots. The move to change the rules failed because the vast majority of delegates saw it as an idiotic attempt to disrupt the nomination process. And they were right. The "grass roots" is behind our nominee...you folks are just melting down because the 90% of delegates aren't letting the 10% take over and make silly new rules.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:37:34 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 03:12:10 am »
No, the Trump movement IS the grassroots. The move to change the rules failed because the vast majority of delegates saw it as an idiotic attempt to disrupt the nomination process. And they were right. The "grass roots" is behind our nominee...you folks are just melting down because the 90% of delegates aren't letting the 10% take over and make silly new rules.
Personal attacks have been deleted by Mod1. You know the rules.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 09:51:45 am by Mod1 »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 03:40:29 am »
No, the Trump movement are a bunch of punishment-seeking fascists.

And you are clueless as to what that voice vote was all about, but I wouldn't expect a paid shill for the Trump movement to say anything else.

I think most of the Trump delegates had no idea what it was about.  I don't think that the majority of them realize they were pushing for fascism.  They are just useful idiots.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 04:12:24 am »
Quite often, the surest sign of a budding fascist movement is its tendency to proclaim others as tyrants, useful idiots, and as a "threat" to traditional values. It's a playbook right out of Mein Kampf, Leninist tactics and yes...Mussolini. Cry wolf about the other faction and resort to tactics that undermine democratic values....like stealing delegates through rule technicalities. Invars tactics are akin to the ways in which Goebels would seek to manipulate Germans into seeing the Nazis as victims of unfair dealings and thuggery. So if any such comparisons are to be made....there you have it.

But that said, any such drawing of parallels is absurd...it's little more than shallow hyperbolism and I engage in it above to make that point. So again, anyone who...in seriousness...draws an analogy between any of our modern nominees and fascism, simply has no understanding of history OR politics.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 05:00:13 am »
You can watch it for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxP6Nqtj3YI
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2016, 05:25:50 am »
Quite often, the surest sign of a budding fascist movement is its tendency to proclaim others as tyrants, useful idiots, and as a "threat" to traditional values. It's a playbook right out of Mein Kampf, Leninist tactics and yes...Mussolini. Cry wolf about the other faction and resort to tactics that undermine democratic values....like stealing delegates through rule technicalities. Invars tactics are akin to the ways in which Goebels would seek to manipulate Germans into seeing the Nazis as victims of unfair dealings and thuggery. So if any such comparisons are to be made....there you have it.

You are projecting as usual.  Trump and your cabal has done all that and more.

I'm not pushing any strong man leader that I declare is going to 'make the country great again' (Mein Kampf);  whom has demonstrated both ignorance and contempt for the Constitution, while both he and his thug mobs of fanatics are engaged in demagoguery, talk of punishment and silencing dissent both in the public and private square.

But it's typical that the very people pointing out the fruits and actions of such tyranny are declared to be such by the very people pushing for a Fascist and punishment in the name of making the state safe again.

You people were the ones declaring us traitors and enemies of the state because we refused to bend the knee to your king presumptive.  That makes you and your ilk the very fascists  supporting a wannabe dictator you think we are.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2016, 06:57:36 am »
You are projecting as usual.  Trump and your cabal has done all that and more.

I'm not pushing any strong man leader that I declare is going to 'make the country great again' (Mein Kampf);  whom has demonstrated both ignorance and contempt for the Constitution, while both he and his thug mobs of fanatics are engaged in demagoguery, talk of punishment and silencing dissent both in the public and private square.

But it's typical that the very people pointing out the fruits and actions of such tyranny are declared to be such by the very people pushing for a Fascist and punishment in the name of making the state safe again.

You people were the ones declaring us traitors and enemies of the state because we refused to bend the knee to your king presumptive.  That makes you and your ilk the very fascists  supporting a wannabe dictator you think we are.

Who here has called you a traitor or an enemy of the state? Please link the post, because I'd love to read it.

Again, please lay out when and where you've experienced real tyranny or seen Fascism in action...or are you making the assertion on the basis of your extensive "book learnin'" :silly:

For the record, Ronald Reagan was big on "making America great again" so I guess you'll have to add him to your list of fascists and fascist supporters. So how long has your list gotten...Reagan, Limbaugh, Hannity, Pence, Sessions, Ryan...I don't think I have time to list everyone in your Invar's Fascist Constitution Hater's club. Perhaps you could provide the full list at your convenience. Of course, you'll have to update it every day as it seems to grow ever longer.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:00:50 am by Mesaclone »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2016, 07:11:29 am »

Again, please lay out when and where you've experienced real tyranny or seen Fascism in action...

I lived in the slums of a third world hellhole in 2012 and watched brethren I served get beaten to death with bricks, rocks and clubs.  I've witnessed REAL tyranny and I've seen REAL Fascism. Not the kind you witness while marching in an armored column under arms - but in the midst of a people who are targets of persecution and live in a poverty you cannot wrap your mind around.

So don't go lecturing me on what tyranny or fascism looks, smells, and tastes like.  I've seen it first hand.  I've heard it secondhand all my life from relatives who lived under it in the old country. 

You on the other hand, are just a political operative, a party hack who projects that which you yourself are.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2016, 11:07:36 am »

That's completely untrue, of course.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2016, 11:08:45 am »

But that said, any such drawing of parallels is absurd...it's little more than shallow hyperbolism and I engage in it above to make that point. So again, anyone who...in seriousness...draws an analogy between any of our modern nominees and fascism, simply has no understanding of history OR politics.

Wow.  The psychological projection in your post is almost unbelievable.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2016, 11:12:13 am »
You can watch it for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxP6Nqtj3YI

I have to say, after watching this, I couldn't clearly detect whether it was the "Ayes" or the "Nays" that were the loudest.
It seemed very close.
Others have stated one way or the other, but I couldn't tell.

I wonder, which 9 states petitioned and which 3 backed out?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2016, 11:21:16 am »
That's completely untrue, of course.
Really? Then explain to us why when we strip off the veneer of the few Cruz supporters showing a public face of the Republican Against Trump operation you see BUSH, Romney, Silicone Valley CEO's and RINO PACS?

FACT: All of the leadership of the anti-Trump operation is for for open borders and cheap labor.
FACT: Romney, Bush, Liberal CEOS of Silicon Valley, DC Insider PACS, etc are not Grass Roots. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2016, 11:38:15 am »
I have to say, after watching this, I couldn't clearly detect whether it was the "Ayes" or the "Nays" that were the loudest.
It seemed very close.

“Sahil Kapur; Verified account ;
;@sahilkapur
RNC spox tells me DC, MN, ME, IA dropped off before the rules vote; AK never submitted, and it was WA, UT, VA, WY, CO ultimately pushing it.”
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2016, 05:05:33 pm »
It seemed very close.

Me either, it should have went to division or roll call at least.

Iowa was supposed one of the back out states, but nobody from the delegation said they backed out. So did they?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2016, 07:23:08 pm »
I lived in the slums of a third world hellhole in 2012 and watched brethren I served get beaten to death with bricks, rocks and clubs.  I've witnessed REAL tyranny and I've seen REAL Fascism. Not the kind you witness while marching in an armored column under arms - but in the midst of a people who are targets of persecution and live in a poverty you cannot wrap your mind around.

So don't go lecturing me on what tyranny or fascism looks, smells, and tastes like.  I've seen it first hand.  I've heard it secondhand all my life from relatives who lived under it in the old country. 

You on the other hand, are just a political operative, a party hack who projects that which you yourself are.

And who here has been "beaten with bricks" and assaulted? The answer is Trump supporters. So using your criteria, why are you blaming the victims?

For the record, I spent months in Safwan Iraq feeding and protecting Shiite victims of Saddam's tyranny. Not in an armored column (at least not after the fighting stopped) but in and among the Iraqi refugees. Unlike you, I would never devalue your own personal experience, but clearly it bears nothing in common with anything Trump. Worse, your shallow misperceptions about the nature of fascism in Germany and Italy render your conclusions ludicrous.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2016, 08:47:52 pm »
Quote from: INVAR on Today at 02:11:29 AM

And who here has been "beaten with bricks" and assaulted?

Why must you lie, bear false witness and misrepresent what I clearly stated and wrote above?  I didn't suggest or state that anyone on this board or Trump supporters were being beaten to death with rocks and sticks.  Yet you spun that around to put your own political victimhood onus upon it.

Pathetic.

For the record, I can care less where you were or what you supposedly did.  I have nothing to prove to you, and I find it telling that you have to brag about your own charity efforts as some badge of honor you want everyone to recognize.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2016, 10:15:09 pm »
Quote from: INVAR on Today at 02:11:29 AM

Why must you lie, bear false witness and misrepresent what I clearly stated and wrote above?  I didn't suggest or state that anyone on this board or Trump supporters were being beaten to death with rocks and sticks.  Yet you spun that around to put your own political victimhood onus upon it.

Pathetic.

For the record, I can care less where you were or what you supposedly did.  I have nothing to prove to you, and I find it telling that you have to brag about your own charity efforts as some badge of honor you want everyone to recognize.

I laid out my credentials for what I know of fascism and tyranny, and what I've experienced of it...as that is the topic. Further, you need to work on reading comprehension, as I did not assert that you thought someone on the board was "bricked". What I did say was that your invocations of tyrannical behavior were in no way manifesting here in the U.S. and in particular were not being initiated in any way from Trump supporters. Thus your allusion to "brickings" bears no comparison to what we have today in our political spectrum.

I know you want to seem a martyr...the whole voice in the wilderness opposing a monstrous tyrant...but its ludicrous, and makes you look absurd. It so far off from reality, that it puts in you in some sort of fantasy land...which does explain why you are in the Nevertrump movement.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2016, 11:35:29 pm »
I don't think you fluffed out your feathers and puffed your chest out enough yet for everyone to notice how brilliant and magnanimous you are in your own mind.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2016, 12:03:09 am »
I don't think you fluffed out your feathers and puffed your chest out enough yet for everyone to notice how brilliant and magnanimous you are in your own mind.

Who needs fluffing when I've got you for contrast?