Author Topic: Glenn Beck: If Ted Cruz Endorses Trump There Is No One in Washington I Can Trust Anymore  (Read 4088 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
With the GOP dead and no chance at reformation, where to real conservatives go now?  Who will lead and who will follow?

If we reject Trumpism -  stomp it and kill it - limited-government, liberty-centric conservatism can come roaring back.   

It's too late to deny Trump the nomination,  but it's not too late to deny him the Presidency, while supporting GOP House and Senate candidates.   That's the way forward at this point.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline MACVSOG68

I haven't been here long enough to know of any Trump supporters who were 'purged.'

But I will say from my experience at TOS that Trump supporters are among the nastiest, most vicious people on earth.  The things that were said to me there because I was for Ted Cruz could not be spoken in any public forum that I know of.  I saved some of them just so I could remember how unspeakably horrible they were.

So if any Trump supporters here used that kind of rhetoric, I think purging was in order.

There's never been a purge here, which as you know collects certain ideological groups and summarily bans them.  Anyone here who has been suspended or banned has been because of individual behavioral issues.  Here it doesn't matter who you want to vote for.  At least three members over the past months have openly said they would vote for Hillary if Trump is nominated.  They are still here. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump supporters are the real grass roots here. The Antis are the Bush/Romney open borders cheap labor Establishment. No matter how many times its pushed the false narrative claiming the open borders. cheap labor Bush/Romney led crowd is grass roots, it will never be a truth.

Just noting that which entirely gets ignored by #nevertrumps--he won 40 contests out of 55 (counting territories, DC).

He won nearly twice as many VOTERS as Cruz (not clever delegates).

The degree to which #nevertrumps dismiss those voters is astonishing, and if Cruz himself ever expects to get support from them he had best not dismiss them, even if his foolish supporters do so.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Just noting that which entirely gets ignored by #nevertrumps--he won 40 contests out of 55 (counting territories, DC).

The degree to which #nevertrumps dismiss those voters is astonishing, and if Cruz himself ever expects to get support from them he had best not dismiss them, even if his foolish supporters do so.

That may be true, but remember there were 15 other candidates in the race and he didn't get more voters than all of them.  Not sure why you single out Cruz.

Offline MACVSOG68

That may be true, but remember there were 15 other candidates in the race and he didn't get more voters than all of them.   

Wouldn't that be a plus in Trump's favor?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wouldn't that be a plus in Trump's favor?

No, none of them won - including DT.

Offline M1078

Not sure why you single out Cruz.

Because that's what Trump's followers do.  They're not satisfied to simply beat Cruz at the ballot box they have to destroy his reputation (Lyn' Ted anyone?), insult his wife, start fanciful stories about his dad being tied to JFKs assassination, etc.  I get almost physically ill if I wander back to TOS listening to them attack Cruz.  It's as if they think the entire primary was just the 2 of them and Cruz was stomping on kittens and trying to blame Trump.  I have open disdain for DT but I have developed a sever loathing for most of his followers.
Former FR macnjac

Offline aligncare

Yep. The numbers don't lie. More voters preferred Donny to Teddy... :smokin:

But, seeing as how God is on my side, screw the vote!   :whistle:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
That may be true, but remember there were 15 other candidates in the race and he didn't get more voters than all of them.  Not sure why you single out Cruz.
Thanks so much for that correction. Let me restate it to include any and all political operatives, who can think longer term and big picture.

It wasn't Trump's fault there were 16 other candidates. You can thank the impotent Republican elitist establishment for lacking power and influence to persuade the obvious outliers to simply stay out.

Win or lose, they are a force to be reckoned with in American politics. Dismiss them at your peril. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MACVSOG68

No, none of them won - including DT.

I don't know.  Winning the nomination from 16 other candidates seems like an achievement to me. 

Online libertybele

If we reject Trumpism -  stomp it and kill it - limited-government, liberty-centric conservatism can come roaring back.   

It's too late to deny Trump the nomination,  but it's not too late to deny him the Presidency, while supporting GOP House and Senate candidates.   That's the way forward at this point.

Thank you for a bit of much needed optimism at this point.  However, Trump's objective has always been to give Hillary the White House.  The GOP died tonight as evidenced with what took place during the Convention.  The unthinkable is just around the corner; the GOP loses the Senate AND the House ... with Hillary at the helm.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

BTW AC, Congrats on your Trump victory. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

If it comes to a battle between God and the mob, I'm choosing God every time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

If it comes to a battle between God and the mob, I'm choosing God every time.

Definitely best post of the day!   blij26