Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: I'd still serve in Trump's administration  (Read 213 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Newt Gingrich: I'd still serve in Trump's administration
« on: July 18, 2016, 03:17:45 pm »
SOURCE: CBS NEWS

URL: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/newt-gingrich-id-still-serve-in-donald-trumps-administration/

By EMILY SCHULTHEIS | FACE THE NATION

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich may not have been Donald Trump's choice as a running mate, but he said Sunday that he's not disappointed--and that he'd still be happy to serve in Trump's administration.

"I would certainly serve with the president, preferably in a position that he and I would work out," Gingrich said on CBS' "Face the Nation."

Trump formally announced this weekend that he had chosen Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as his running mate, putting an end to weeks and months of speculation over who Trump would pick to share the ticket with him. Gingrich and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie were other shortlisted prospects.

"I think Pence is a great choice," Gingrich said. "I feel very close to Donald and his family, and I'm confident I'll have plenty of opportunity to try to help plan things and try to help move things forward."

Gingrich said Trump's vetting process, which he went through himself as a shortlisted candidate, was "very methodical."

"They were very thorough, we had about 113 questions to answer, some of which were fairly exhausting," he said. "The team that vetted folks -- I had four lawyers sitting down with Callista and me for about two and a half, almost three hours and they went over a lot of stuff."

Trump's team "recognized that this is the first really big, irrevocable decision of his presidency and that he had to take it seriously," he added

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....