Author Topic: Charles Barkley: 'We Need the Cops,' Without Them 'We'd Be Living in The Wild, Wild West!'  (Read 431 times)

rangerrebew

Charles Barkley: 'We Need the Cops,' Without Them 'We'd Be Living in The Wild, Wild West!'

Former NBA star Charles Barkley, now an analyst on Inside the NBA, said that most of the blacks killed that he has known were killed by other blacks -- not by white cops -- which he finds morally outrageous because it is rarely discussed, and he stressed that "we need the cops" because, without them, "we'd be living in the wild, wild West!"

During a July 12 discussion on the Dan Le Batard radio show [1] about the police and black men, Barkley said, “We don’t have near the outrages we do when a white cop kills somebody. Dan, I’ve been black my whole life. Most black people I know are killed by other black people. And I’ve never understood why there’s not this moral outrage [at] the way we treat each other as black people.”

“But we got to look at the big picture," said Barkley.  "Let’s work with the cops, because we need the cops, Dan. If it weren’t for the cops, we’d be living in the wild, wild West!"

CNSNews.com reporter Rachel Hoover contributed to this story.
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/charles-barkley-we-need-cops-without-them-wed-be-living-wild-wild-west

READ MORE