Author Topic: Nate Silver says the odds of Trump becoming president are INCREASING  (Read 649 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE RIGHT SCOOP

URL: http://therightscoop.com/nate-silver-says-the-odds-of-trump-becoming-president-are-increasing/

Just a few weeks ago, Nate Silver was giving Donald Trump a 19% chance of becoming president. Today on his twitter feed though, Silver suggested that percentage has now almost doubled:

Nate SilverVerified account ‏@NateSilver538

Trump continues to gain in our forecast, as state & national polls trend against Clinton. Now a 34% chance to win.

CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR THE CHARTS:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Trump's only hope is that Hillary is so bad that he is the lesser of two evils, or that particularly younger Bernie supports won't vote for her.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

America weeps for its future

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline sinkspur

As Silver and most other commentators have pointed out, Hillary is losing ground, while Trump remains stagnant.   

In a month, look for it to be 24% Hillary, 23% Trump with 75% of the country refusing to vote, wanting someone else.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Suppressed

Just a few weeks ago, Nate Silver was giving Donald Trump a 19% chance of becoming president. Today on his twitter feed though, Silver suggested that percentage has now almost doubled:

Look for it to rise even more.  People do not want to vote for Hillary.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Think we need a #NeitherNor or similar hashtag for all those Americans who don't want either one. The biggest demographic might be those who don't vote for either.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:24:07 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
As Silver and most other commentators have pointed out, Hillary is losing ground, while Trump remains stagnant.   

In a month, look for it to be 24% Hillary, 23% Trump with 75% of the country refusing to vote, wanting someone else.

I'd love for the election to end up in the HoR. It's my dream to see it in my lifetime.

Offline Mesaclone

I'd love for the election to end up in the HoR. It's my dream to see it in my lifetime.

That would guarantee a Trump presidency, so I'm all in for that!

Expediency would force a straight party line vote for each of the two party nominees (those not in the race are not eligible in a House vote, FYI).
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
That would guarantee a Trump presidency, so I'm all in for that!

Expediency would force a straight party line vote for each of the two party nominees (those not in the race are not eligible in a House vote, FYI).

I dunno. You think Representatives would automatically choose Trump? I'm not so sure. They could choose Johnson.

Even if it was Trump I'd be cool with it.

Offline Mesaclone

I dunno. You think Representatives would automatically choose Trump? I'm not so sure. They could choose Johnson.

Even if it was Trump I'd be cool with it.

They'd have to all to vote for the same candidate...or the Dems would have the votes to get Hillary elected.So yes, they would stick together and vote for the GOP candidate. I agree, though, it would be very interesting to watch.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump would win.