Author Topic: Source Reports: Trump will pick Gov. Mike Pence as his running-mate  (Read 981 times)

Offline biff

Re: Source Reports: Trump will pick Gov. Mike Pence as his running-mate
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2016, 06:06:35 pm »
Somebody must absolutely give him a Donnie DNA guard to go over his nose. Oh, he must have the one with the 5 mph collision bumper on it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 06:08:17 pm »
Are you going to send him some Personally autographed Trump Brand Knee Pads as a Ticket Warming Gift.  He's gonna need em.

Just what is it with you and knee pads?   :pondering:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 06:14:24 pm »
Another Dan Quayle.  A pretty boy who bollixed the Religious Freedom bill and who has not distinguished himself in over a decade.

Trump likes a guy willing to play second fiddle, but Pence will have paroxysms of conscience trying to defend Trump and his soon-to-come gaffes.

He's a helluva lot smarter than Trump and can speak in more than two syllables.

And he obviously doesn't care that he's throwing away the rest of his political career by signing on with this cretin.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 06:21:22 pm »
Ann Coulter's next book: Jilted

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2016, 06:22:46 pm »
I do not see how this really helps Trump.

Kasich or Christie may have been able to help with PA/OH/NJ.

Or Condi or S Martinez

Condi was asked twice and she refused as well as Martinez.  Kasich isn't even attending the convention and Christie ... well ... apparently he just ate too many jelly doughnuts! 

Even though Pence is a conservative, I don't think he brings enough to the table to help Donny in the least. He has very little name recognition and it's not like Indiana is a swing state.

He burned his bridges with all those who could have helped him win; Cruz, Kasich, Martinez, and Rubio. What a buffoon!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2016, 06:26:03 pm »
Amazing is that this is what Ann finally find fault with Donald over. Not... everything else.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2016, 06:28:04 pm »
Ann Coulter's next book: Jilted

Freepers aren't happy either... Lol

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2016, 06:30:46 pm »
I wonder if the Pence leak is to influence the Rules committee that is meeting and deciding today.

geronl

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 06:53:14 pm »
I wonder if the Pence leak is to influence the Rules committee that is meeting and deciding today.

Yep, that could be it. This could be a complete head fake.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2016, 06:55:05 pm »
Pence is solid with just enough of an establishment background, he's a former radio host, so he handles the press beautifully and will be stellar in the debate, he's from the heartland, a nice balance to the Eastern Seaboard states, and as far as enthusiasm... he gave a terrific speech this week introducing Donald Trump., dare I say "enthusiastic".   ^-^

And for the esoteric portion of my post:  Pence is not a loose cannon. 

If this truly is our ticket:  Trump/Pence---I will be very, very pleased.   :patriot:

@mystery-ak

Normally, Pence would be an odd choice because he wouldn't bring much excitement to the table.

But this isn't a normal election.  Trump himself brings that "excitement."  What concerns people is a  perceived lack of stability -- too much excitement.  So picking a solid Midwesterner who is good with the press but will project an aura of competency and stability is a good thing.  It actually says something positive about Trump that he dialed back his VP search from his usual "11" -- Christie being a 10 and Newt the 11, and went with someone that shows Trump himself values some level of stability.

It looks more like a serious (though perhaps less interesting) ticket now.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2016, 06:55:42 pm »
Someone needs to make a Chris Christie video to the sad charlie brown or "hello darkness my old friend" music playing.

I love it!!!! And some Hagen Daz to drown his sorrows.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2016, 06:58:24 pm »
Yep, that could be it. This could be a complete head fake.

It isn't a head fake -- Pence is withdrawing from the Governor's race.  But the timing of the announcement may still be to influence the Rules Committee.  I really can't see them wanting to crack on a guy like Governor Pence.

geronl

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2016, 07:22:14 pm »
It isn't a head fake -- Pence is withdrawing from the Governor's race.  But the timing of the announcement may still be to influence the Rules Committee.  I really can't see them wanting to crack on a guy like Governor Pence.

Free The Delegates has nothing to do with Pence anyway. Trump is the major problem that needs to be sent packing.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2016, 07:57:13 pm »
Free The Delegates has nothing to do with Pence anyway. Trump is the major problem that needs to be sent packing.

Yes, and no: Outside of Cruz and DeMint, Pence is very well liked among TEA Party circles - Probably just as much as the previously mentioned persons - But Pence is no where near the ideologue... weakened perhaps by pragmatism.

This is precisely McCaint/Palin all over again. An absolutely unpalatable nominee trying to wallpaper credentials with a weak, but popular running mate tailor made to woo Conservatives...

BUT, it is a tell - It shows that Trump is more concerned about trying to tap the Conservatives than he is preserving the 'UP! the middle' - Someone has run the numbers and has found out that without Conservatives, there is no win.

And yes, it is directed at Free the Delegates - Don't forget that Cruz was backed four square by the TEA Party - and it is TEA Party activism precisely that put all those rebellious delegates in place. And Pence is (or at least was) well respected by the TEA Party folks.

So I would submit that this is good news - Pence indicates that the Conservatives are the biggest opposition that Trump needs to overcome - Or rather, that he cannot overcome (or he would have gone another way)...