Author Topic: 94-year-old Tri-State man earns his sixth degree black belt  (Read 727 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
94-year-old Tri-State man earns his sixth degree black belt

94-year-old Doctor Harlan Van Over has held many titles in his life. And now, he can add being a sixth degree black belt to that list.

He's the oldest person to test for this level and he says he isn't stopping anytime soon.

Doctor Harlan Van Over is also breaking records. Van Over is now one of about 200 people to achieve the honor of a sixth degree black belt, and he's definitely the oldest to reach this milestone.

"My mind says one thing, but my body says who do you think your talking to," Van Over said.

But you wouldn't be able to guess his age from his training. This 94-year-old is on the top of his game.

"He told me many times, if you weren't doing taekwondo you'd be dead, and he's probably right," Van Over said.

He says this sport, keeps him going. But it's not just his black belt that will have you saying, 'I don't want to fight this guy.'

"I've looked death in the face many times so I don't worry about it," Van Over said.

Read more: http://www.wnem.com/story/32421004/94-year-old-tri-state-man-earns-his-sixth-degree-black-belt#ixzz4EKXeLXZf