Author Topic: Rick Perry: Trump's Mexico wall will be a 'digital wall'  (Read 1954 times)

Offline wolfcreek

Re: Rick Perry: Trump's Mexico wall will be a 'digital wall'
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2016, 12:24:32 pm »
The ability to legally return is by definition amnesty because if they had come into the country illegally, they are barred by law from reapplying for legal entry. Amnesty or lying is the only way to return. The revolving door amnesty Trump is proposing is almost word for word the much maligned Kay Bailey Hutchinson approach that everyone easily called amnesty.

IIRC the first attempt to enter this country illegal [and being caught], is a misdemeanor. [second time being a felony]

This would have to be sorted out.

Fact is, someone will be doing something besides having an open border. If not for Trump and Cruz, this wouldn't even be in the forefront.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2016, 12:26:07 pm »
Wolf, a good guy once called this touchback amnesty a Probationary Legal Status and said of it: Probationary legal status = end of enforcement of immigration laws within US borders for employers and employees.

Would you agree with that?

Hell no.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2016, 12:30:33 pm »
Hell no.

The great guy who said that was you when this was proposed by Kay Bailey Hutchinson.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1852629/posts?page=1

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2016, 12:44:14 pm »
The great guy who said that was you when this was proposed by Kay Bailey Hutchinson.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1852629/posts?page=1

I stand by that and don't believe we're talking about the same thing here. Technology has changed greatly but, getting all the illegal to come forward [or simply find them all] is still the greatest barrier.

Thanks to the inaction of the last two Admins, we have no idea who is actually in this country.

We need to secure the border first.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:44:57 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2016, 01:34:02 pm »
I stand by that and don't believe we're talking about the same thing here. Technology has changed greatly but, getting all the illegal to come forward [or simply find them all] is still the greatest barrier.

Thanks to the inaction of the last two Admins, we have no idea who is actually in this country.

We need to secure the border first.
Well, start by enforcing the laws we have. We can't secure much of anything if the Government won't prosecute, won't allow local LEOs to hold illegals for deportation (that gets into Federal turf and is a no-no). It won't happen with sanctuary cities, either.

If there is no enforcement, even if the 1954 miles of physical and 'virtual' barrier were built, we'd still be stuck with all the ones who are growing more entrenched by the day. There are places a physical barrier can be erected. The places it can't (which will more likely be ingress areas) can be monitored by virtual means, but without boots on the ground, and the ability to enforce the law, that will be meaningless.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2016, 03:28:07 pm »
You could build a "wall' but that's not the correct question. The correct question is how does a country secure a water border with another country - and that has centuries of experience being done.
Such as?...
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2016, 03:31:49 pm »
Well, start by enforcing the laws we have. We can't secure much of anything if the Government won't prosecute, won't allow local LEOs to hold illegals for deportation (that gets into Federal turf and is a no-no). It won't happen with sanctuary cities, either.

If there is no enforcement, even if the 1954 miles of physical and 'virtual' barrier were built, we'd still be stuck with all the ones who are growing more entrenched by the day. There are places a physical barrier can be erected. The places it can't (which will more likely be ingress areas) can be monitored by virtual means, but without boots on the ground, and the ability to enforce the law, that will be meaningless.

My state taxes.are.putting boots on the ground here in TX to the detriment of public safety in some cases but, you are correct, enforcement and prosecution along with the FedGov support are necessary.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2016, 03:44:51 pm »
I see it!  My God, it IS big and beautiful!  And look!  The Mexicans are paying... with Bitcoins!