Author Topic: Rick Perry: Trump's Mexico wall will be a 'digital wall'  (Read 1952 times)

Offline wolfcreek

Re: Rick Perry: Trump's Mexico wall will be a 'digital wall'
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 09:08:22 pm »
Funny how when Bush was pushing the "WALL" and Congress agreed to fund it, most everyone of you praised it.

What happened to y'all? Did some of you turn to Leftism?

you know why
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:36:37 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 09:13:52 pm »
Funny how when Bush was pushing the "WALL" and Congress agreed to fund it, most everyone of you ***** praised it.

We all still want the wall, but none of us believes the Flip Floppin' Orangeman.

edit: clean up paste
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:01:07 pm by MOD3 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 09:22:57 pm »
Funny how when Bush was pushing the "WALL" and Congress agreed to fund it, most everyone of you ***** praised it.

are we supposed to think that Trump, who called for no borders in 2013 and said the Dreamers had him convinced on immigration and still believes in touchback amnesty is going to build a wall?

edit: clean up paste
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:02:25 pm by MOD3 »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 09:24:56 pm »

No, it just ain't our first day at the rodeo.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:03:03 pm by MOD3 »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 09:32:56 pm »
Funny how when Bush was pushing the "WALL" and Congress agreed to fund it, most everyone of you ****** praised it.

The point for most is we don't believe a word Trump says about it. He has shown time and time again he'll say anything to close the deal- even if he has zero intentions to follow through. He is playing the right by pointing to hot button items- but his asinine statements like every time he is insulted he says things like 'the wall just got ten feet higher' is just one example to show he doing nothing more than spreading BS applause lines. Just a few short years ago, he was complaining Romney was too tough on illegals.

He is basically like a WWE wrassler saying whatever he needs to in order to get applause, but is playing a completely fake character.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:03:32 pm by MOD3 »

Offline ABX

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 09:34:13 pm »
Then there is this:

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2016, 09:48:26 pm »
The point for most is we don't believe a word Trump says about it. He has shown time and time again he'll say anything to close the deal- even if he has zero intentions to follow through. He is playing the right by pointing to hot button items- but his asinine statements like every time he is insulted he says things like 'the wall just got ten feet higher' is just one example to show he doing nothing more than spreading BS applause lines. Just a few short years ago, he was complaining Romney was too tough on illegals.

He is basically like a WWE wrassler saying whatever he needs to in order to get applause, but is playing a completely fake character.

Well apparently after Bush and the Republican congress didn't follow through, I can see why you may have doubts.

It's your problem, not with Trump but, with the people he would have to work with?

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2016, 09:55:01 pm »
Then there is this:

Soros has been butt buddies with the Clintons since the get-go. Trump isn't part of this Globalist conspiracy.

http://modernhistoryproject.org/mhp?Entity=ClintonGlobIni
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:55:57 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline ABX

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 09:57:19 pm »
Well apparently after Bush and the Republican congress didn't follow through, I can see why you may have doubts.

It's your problem, not with Trump but, with the people he would have to work with?

Nope, totally with Trump. I like to say I disliked him long before it was cool to. He was the poster child for unethical business practices and might as well be the face of crony corporatism. He built his empire off government cronyism, bailouts, and handouts. He has partnered with those who most here would agree are the worst characters in society, from George Soros to the Saudi Royal Family. He is the only Republican candidate who not only actively donated to Hillary and called her a great friend, but discussed running with Bill before he ran. It is amazing anyone actually trusts anything he says if you take just a small peek at his history.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 10:02:54 pm »
Nope, totally with Trump. I like to say I disliked him long before it was cool to. He was the poster child for unethical business practices and might as well be the face of crony corporatism. He built his empire off government cronyism, bailouts, and handouts. He has partnered with those who most here would agree are the worst characters in society, from George Soros to the Saudi Royal Family. He is the only Republican candidate who not only actively donated to Hillary and called her a great friend, but discussed running with Bill before he ran. It is amazing anyone actually trusts anything he says if you take just a small peek at his history.

I've chosen my poison. Beats sitting on my ass.

You sound like you're describing the Bush family BTW.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2016, 10:15:59 pm »
Funny how when Bush was pushing the "WALL" and Congress agreed to fund it, most everyone of you praised it.

you know why
If you are talking about the original bill Juan McCain pushed I was against that. The most recent gang of eight deals has provisions for a wall (of more doable scope) and I was against that.

It's the Amnesty that's the problem. That big beautiful door that's going to let all the non-rapist (presumably there are some according to Trump) back in.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2016, 10:21:23 pm »
If you are talking about the original bill Juan McCain pushed I was against that. The most recent gang of eight deals has provisions for a wall (of more doable scope) and I was against that.

It's the Amnesty that's the problem. That big beautiful door that's going to let all the non-rapist (presumably there are some according to Trump) back in.

No, I'm talking about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

None of us were form Amnesty and neither is Trump. He's insisting they go home and return in a legal manner. [Big Beautiful Door]

Hillary is promising all out amnesty in the first 100 days, assuring Dem wins for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:22:48 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline ABX

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2016, 10:23:42 pm »
I've chosen my poison. Beats sitting on my ass.

You sound like you're describing the Bush family BTW.

So if you don't like it under the Bush name, why accept the same thing under a different name?

Offline ABX

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2016, 10:25:14 pm »

None of us were form Amnesty and neither is Trump. He's insisting they go home and return in a legal manner. [Big Beautiful Door]

Hillary is promising all out amnesty in the first 100 days, assuring Dem wins for the foreseeable future.

The ability to legally return is by definition amnesty because if they had come into the country illegally, they are barred by law from reapplying for legal entry. Amnesty or lying is the only way to return. The revolving door amnesty Trump is proposing is almost word for word the much maligned Kay Bailey Hutchinson approach that everyone easily called amnesty.

Offline ABX

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2016, 10:44:22 pm »
Wolf, a good guy once called this touchback amnesty a Probationary Legal Status and said of it: Probationary legal status = end of enforcement of immigration laws within US borders for employers and employees.

Would you agree with that?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2016, 11:32:20 pm »

Thanks, I had forgotten about that.

Of course to be accurate Donald doesn't even want to send them back for touch-back amnesty anymore.
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/06/26/donald-trump-said-hed-deport-11-million-illegal-aliens-now-hes-reversing-himself-big-time-357022
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2016, 11:58:01 pm »

What you just posted says the secure fence act was not a continuous barrier, but 700 miles of addition fencing. That is very doable. Trump's wall is a continuous barrier according to him, and not a fence but a high wall that just got ten feet taller. And Mexico is going to pay for it.   Fantasy.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 02:10:19 am »
NavyCanDo wrote above:
"...Not to mention all the privately owned land that would have to be bought up."

I sense that many, perhaps most, perhaps nearly ALL of the landowners on the border would gladly give up the small area of their land on the border for that wall.

They are among the most put-upon by the hordes coming across now.

By the way, Rick Perry's comment on this is so asinine that it illustrates succinctly why his "candidacy" ended so quickly. The guy's a dolt.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 02:21:46 am »
NavyCanDo wrote above:
"...Not to mention all the privately owned land that would have to be bought up."

I sense that many, perhaps most, perhaps nearly ALL of the landowners on the border would gladly give up the small area of their land on the border for that wall.

They are among the most put-upon by the hordes coming across now.

By the way, Rick Perry's comment on this is so asinine that it illustrates succinctly why his "candidacy" ended so quickly. The guy's a dolt.

If you were a rancher with a lot of thirsty cattle would you gladly give up water rights so Trump can build his wall between you and the river they drink from?   This is already a point of contension between the ranchers and the government.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2016, 02:29:29 am »
If you were a rancher with a lot of thirsty cattle would you gladly give up water rights so Trump can build his wall between you and the river they drink from?   This is already a point of contension between the ranchers and the government.

Not to mention, the border goes down the middle of the river- and you can't obstruct the waterway so you would actually have to cede territory if it was built further inward. There already is a variance on either side of the Rio Grande that is fenced and secured, but even in the middle of El Paso with the most eyes on it, it doesn't stop people from coming across in plain daylight. I don't think a 500 foot wall would do any better.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2016, 02:29:51 am »
Please, enlighten us. How do you build a 'wall' in the middle of the river?
You could build a "wall' but that's not the correct question. The correct question is how does a country secure a water border with another country - and that has centuries of experience being done.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2016, 10:54:21 am »
You could build a "wall' but that's not the correct question. The correct question is how does a country secure a water border with another country - and that has centuries of experience being done.
Searchlights, patrol boats, gun emplacements, surveillance, minefields, lots of barbed wire an' stuff.

And people will still get through.

Not to mention the tunnelers from South of the Border...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2016, 11:44:03 am »
Not to mention, the border goes down the middle of the river- and you can't obstruct the waterway so you would actually have to cede territory if it was built further inward. There already is a variance on either side of the Rio Grande that is fenced and secured, but even in the middle of El Paso with the most eyes on it, it doesn't stop people from coming across in plain daylight. I don't think a 500 foot wall would do any better.

But wait.  We are talking about a "big, beautiful" Trump wall here.  The illegals will be so overwhelmed by the phony gold plated veneer and ornate chandeliers that they will be unable to go on.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2016, 12:04:55 pm »
Quote from: wolfcreek on July 11, 2016, 05:08:22 PM

No...Obama...who defeated the last two GOP candidates we were told were the "ONLY ones who could beat him" did.

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration on Friday ended a high-tech southern border fence plan that cost taxpayers nearly $1 billion but did little to improve security. Congress ordered the high-tech fence in 2006 amid a clamor over the porous border, but the project yielded only 53 miles of protection.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/41083850/ns/us_news-security/t/obama-administration-scraps-border-fence/

And prior to that...the Dem controlled Congress did everything they could to slow roll funding for what did get built.

So Giant Fail for you on trying to pin this one on Conservatives.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2016, 12:21:34 pm »
So if you don't like it under the Bush name, why accept the same thing under a different name?

Most of us here 'liked it' under the Bush name. That's not what I was saying.