Author Topic: Gov. Abbott severely burned in accident; could miss GOP convention  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Will Weissert
Sunday, July 10, 2016 11:56PM
DALLAS, TX --
Republican Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas sustained "extensive second- and third-degree burns" on both legs below the knees and both feet - and may miss next week's Republican National Convention as a result, his office said Sunday.

Spokesman Matt Hirsch said Abbott was with his family in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, on Thursday when he was scalded in an accident involving hot water. He declined to provide further details....

http://abc13.com/1421338/

Not good. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Gov. Abbott severely burned in accident; could miss GOP convention
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 03:25:47 pm »
How awful! I wish him a speedy recovery.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 03:50:36 pm »
That sounds horrible. Prayers for quick healing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 05:49:01 pm »
I hope he has a quick recovery and I doubt he is missing much by not being in Cleveland

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 05:57:28 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/11/while-comforting-his-state-last-week-texas-gov-greg-abbott-nursed-a-painful-injury-of-his-own/

I know he has little to no feeling in the lower extremities but still...he is one tough SOB.  Hope he fairs well in his recovery

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 06:08:29 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/11/while-comforting-his-state-last-week-texas-gov-greg-abbott-nursed-a-painful-injury-of-his-own/

I know he has little to no feeling in the lower extremities but still...he is one tough SOB.  Hope he fairs well in his recovery

According to that article, he does have feeling in his lower extremities.  And, yes, he is a tough one.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 06:13:31 pm »
According to that article, he does have feeling in his lower extremities.  And, yes, he is a tough one.

My Bad missed that part and I was going on old  reports of his condition when he was in the hospital for 3 months recovering back when he was 26.

Abbott was paralyzed in 1984 when a tree fell on him while he was jogging. He uses a wheelchair, but still has functioning nerve receptors in his legs and feet, according to the AP. The burns are just as painful for him as they would be for anyone.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 09:28:53 pm »
Wow!
When I heard him on the radio speak from Dallas on the way home the other night, I thought something was off.
I figured he was just tired.
Now we know.
Here's to a quick and complete recovery, Governor Abbott.