Author Topic: Use of police robot to kill Dallas shooting suspect believed to be first in US history  (Read 4760 times)

HonestJohn

The robot I have in mind won't look like the one they just used....the robots I'm thinking are coming in the future will closely resemble humans and move like them. By the time crooks realize it's a robot, it will probably be too close for them to use IEDs. And anyway, it's just a robot. If it's neutralized, no good guys get killed.

And we'll give them sophisticated human-mimicry software, award the contract to Cyberdyne Systems...

... and them Terminators.

(I saw what you did there...)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How did you post that image?

I just quoted the guy that originally posted it,and it showed up automatically.

You need to ask him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
The robot I have in mind won't look like the one they just used....the robots I'm thinking are coming in the future will closely resemble humans and move like them. By the time crooks realize it's a robot, it will probably be too close for them to use IEDs. And anyway, it's just a robot. If it's neutralized, no good guys get killed.

I think C4PO did just fine...

:beer:

Offline ConstitutionRose

The picture would indicate that the body is reasonably intact.  Does not meet my definition  of splattered.  I have seen the bomb described as a stick of C4 with a crude remote detonator.  The guy was surrounded by cement walls.  This sounds like something that could be lobbed over the walls.  Also sounds like something that was cobbled together rather than a "stock" item.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:03:40 am by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The picture would indicate that the body is reasonably intact.  Does not meet my definition  of splattered.  I have seen the bomb described as a stick of C4 with a crude remote detonator.  The guy was surrounded by cement walls.  This sounds like something that could be lobbed over the walls.  Also sounds like something that was fob b led together rather than a "stock" itrm.
I'm not a ME, heck, I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn express last night, but It takes just a bit over 20 psi overpressure to kill a human (LD100) http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docket/archive/pdfs/NIOSH-125/125-ExplosionsandRefugeChambers.pdf. It looks like that fellow suffered the effects of excess concussion with plenty of relatively superficial abrasions. It is impossible to assess the condition of the lower torso and extremities which may have suffered more severe trauma.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I'm not a ME, heck, I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn express last night, but It takes just a bit over 20 psi overpressure to kill a human (LD100) http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docket/archive/pdfs/NIOSH-125/125-ExplosionsandRefugeChambers.pdf. It looks like that fellow suffered the effects of excess concussion with plenty of relatively superficial abrasions. It is impossible to assess the condition of the lower torso and extremities which may have suffered more severe trauma.

yep...that body armor did him no good at all because it passed the shockwave from C4PO right through to his vitals.  I'm betting the over-pressure was well in excess of 20 psi right at the leading edge of the blast, which was probably traveling at several times the speed of sound. 

No defense.  At autopsy they likely removed his internal organs with a syringe.

Well done.

:smokin:

Wingnut

@Chieftain
Hey Chief.  Can you shrink Gen. Turgidson down a tad in your sig line.  It mucks up my viewing on my phone.

Maybe go [img width=200 ] or so.  Thanks.... Now why don't you just take it easy and please make me a drink of grain alcohol and rainwater, and help yourself to whatever you'd like.

geronl

Dallas Department of Executioners

Now Hiring

Offline Optiguy

Now Hiring

Had it been a sniper taking out the shooter, it would have been the same result. I see no problem.

“Once you know a man deserves to die, you have to kill him. If you don’t, you’re committing a crime against everyone who doesn’t deserve to die. If you get him down but can’t bring yourself to do it, and he gets up off the mat and kills you instead, you’re only getting what you deserve yourself.”

Wingnut

Now Hiring

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Nice PR piece,but empty promise. Most of them have criminal records and/or don't even have a HS diploma and can't pass the entrance exam even if they could take it.

I'm sure he knew that when he said it. Being a life-long career cop,you know the other blacks were busting his chops over being a cop when he was a young man.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

You have to give the guy credit. That's the perfect 'Put up or shut up' rebuttal to the whole BLM thing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis