Author Topic: Prayer Thread  (Read 28431 times)

Offline verga

Prayer Thread
« on: July 08, 2016, 03:03:30 PM »
Nancy has given permission to begin a prayer thread.
Initially It is going to be just for the Police officers, their families and the victims, as well as our county in general.
No Religion, Politics, apologetics, denominationalism, or prostiltyizing.   
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Re: Prayer Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 03:08:04 PM »
Heavenly Father I ask you to watch over the victims of the Dallas shooting and their families.
I ask that You give their medical teams the knowledge and skills to treat them.
I ask that You bless this country and help us to heal from our wounds.
When other counties look at us let them see You and Your love.

Amen 
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 03:47:20 PM »
My sincere condolences and prayers for the family, friends and Dallas Police Department

Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:41:33 PM »
Dear Heavenly Father, We come before You asking for mercy on our land. We seek Your forgiveness for racial injustice, trivial divisions and the shedding of innocent blood. God, help us amend our ways and our deeds to follow Your will by exercising Your love towards one another. Let us be a nation once again that is blessed because You are our God as we obey Your voice. We pray for an awakening of spiritual revival and renewal throughout America. We turn our lives over to You and we humbly ask for Your healing on our land. In Your name we pray, Amen

Source: http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/200/prayer-cards/?utm_source=glennbeck&utm_medium=contentcopy_link
"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey it laws; to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies." -William Page

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 10:03:16 PM »
How can you have a prayer thread without religion?
I think they mean keep it neutral; don't pick fights over denominations and petty stuff. It's for taking requests to God, not argument.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 10:29:40 PM »
How can you have a prayer thread without religion?

Dear Somebody.
Please look over somebody else while they do something.
In your infinite/finite wisdom please do whatever you do.
Regards to whomever you are.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 10:37:53 PM »
This nation is in great need of prayer.  Perhaps now more than ever.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 11:28:44 PM »

Sorry. Your post is copyrighted by the Finance Committee to Re-elect the President....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 07:48:41 AM »
Sorry. Your post is copyrighted by the Finance Committee to Re-elect the President....

Wow.  I had forgotten all about that, Frank!  ^-^

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Freya

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 07:59:33 AM »
I am a day late. Please bless those who perished in Pearl Harbor, as well as all of our veterans in all the wars who never came home. Please bless those who did come home and help them find the peace and solace and help they need to live their lives.

Bless the police, and the fire fighters because I know most of them are good people who only want to protect and serve.

Bless the children because I do believe they are innocent and grow up way to fast these days. Bless our companion animals because they give us so much joy.

Bless our family members, and our friends, may 2017 be a better year for all.

And lastly, bless this site for existing, those who work so hard for creating it and may it never be hacked again.
(and may the person or persons who hacked this site get a swift kick in the tushie)

:amen:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 10:00:42 AM »
I am a day late. Please bless those who perished in Pearl Harbor, as well as all of our veterans in all the wars who never came home. Please bless those who did come home and help them find the peace and solace and help they need to live their lives.

Bless the police, and the fire fighters because I know most of them are good people who only want to protect and serve.

Bless the children because I do believe they are innocent and grow up way to fast these days. Bless our companion animals because they give us so much joy.

Bless our family members, and our friends, may 2017 be a better year for all.

And lastly, bless this site for existing, those who work so hard for creating it and may it never be hacked again.
(and may the person or persons who hacked this site get a swift kick in the tushie)

:amen:

Amen and AMEN, @Freya !

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 09:02:13 PM »

Amen.  So many things have happened this year to our country.  I pray that this country moves in a positive direction and we as a nation begin to heal.
"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey it laws; to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies." -William Page

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 08:32:55 PM »
I am surprised that nothing has been posted in here recently.  In light of what has just happened with Syria, I ask the Lord to watch over our troops and enlighten, guide and help our President and his cabinet protect this country and that their actions will eventually lead to stopping the atrocities inflicted upon the innocents.

Offline Freya

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 08:18:22 AM »
This thread has been quiet for awhile but I wish prayers for the good people in Texas that have been affected by Harvey, and for the brave first responders who are saving their lives.

I also want to pray for our friends and members here affected by the storm. Amen.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 08:56:52 AM »
Thank you for the reminder, @Freya !
I have decided to officially and formally not apologize. I'm not sorry at all, even slightly.

Indeed, I especially want to convey my absence of remorse to anyone who was offended by what I said. If you are the sort of person who gets twisted into knots when someone articulates a point of view that differs from your own, then you are exactly the sort of person who should never receive an apology for a differing point of view — if I were offering one, which, again, I'm not.

Offline Freya

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 11:25:57 AM »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 01:00:34 PM »
This thread has been quiet for awhile but I wish prayers for the good people in Texas that have been affected by Harvey, and for the brave first responders who are saving their lives.

I also want to pray for our friends and members here affected by the storm. Amen.

I second that emotion!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 03:55:31 PM »

Amen and AMEN!!!

Offline Freya

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 08:23:02 AM »
Prayers up for all our members in Florida who may be affected by hurricane Irma

Offline verga

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 08:51:05 AM »
Amen, and all the coastal area.
My wifes brother and his wife live in VA beach. They have ridden out the last several big storms.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 12:16:08 PM »

Praying for a hard right turn so it misses the US mainland. Praying for those affected in the Caribbean.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 12:52:04 PM »
Praying for our country on this sad Anniversary, as well as all the victims of Harvey and Irma.

Offline verga

My Mother
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 03:33:59 PM »
Please pray for my Mother, she was admitted into the hospital on Friday with bowel issues, possible pneumonia, and elevate BP and heart rate .
Thank you

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Re: My Mother
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 03:45:02 PM »
Please pray for my Mother, she was admitted into the hospital on Friday with bowel issues, possible pneumonia, and elevate BP and heart rate .
Thank you

I sure will...how old is mom?
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

debrawiest

Re: My Mother
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 03:48:00 PM »
Thank you

Praying.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf