Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Dallas Police Officers killed during protest march...w/updates  (Read 14580 times)

Offline jedidah

It might be morally okay, but it will never be legally okay.

I think it's rather super-legal, in a constitutional kind of way.  Isn't that what the 2nd was all about?   (I know, I know.   I'm not advocating action.  Things would have to get way way more out of control to justify such insurrection.)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Obama may have been grinning more than usual today as his plan appears to be developing to execute Article IV Sec 4 as to domestic violence.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

Your silly bishop and my silly bishop in Ft. Worth have banned the carrying of firearms in churches.  Did you know that?  If left to them, all you'd have is your hymn book in self-defense.

Yes, my silly bishop is the same man as your silly bishop.  When Texas passed the open carry law last year, a permanent type sign was put on outside church doors reading, "No open carry."  That was not surprising as openly carrying a firearm is rather uncouth in a church.  That sign did not say, "No concealed carry." 

That bishop has been in our church in the service several times since I have been there, about three years.  His appearance and manner is of a pampered person.  I am sure our pastor, the x-Army sniper, pays no attention to this rule of "no carry" the bishop put out for all churches under him.  He can make a rule for himself and maybe die due to it, but expecting others to risk their lives "because he said so" isn't going to happen in Texas churches.  Perhaps he would be happier in New York city or Chicago.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Is it interesting to anyone else that something always seems to come along and take Hillary out of the news cycle whenever she needs it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Today while biking past our local police station, I saw a minister was at the top of the stairs reading [I believe from a Bible], most likely honoring the Dallas officers who died in the line of duty. A small crowd gathered, including both police officers and neighborhood peoples. I don't think I ever recall seeing a public prayer group [outside of at pro-life functions, and Eucharistic processions] assembling in that fashion. Our nation's a mess. It was a hopeful scene.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I hope this is the Trump we will be seeing until November. I prefer my Trump deTrumpinated. Because I will not be voting for regular Trump.

Offline jedidah

Depends on whether they can keep him on the leash and whether he will continue to let some literate staffer tweet for him and write his speeches.

Not for one minute do I believe that Trump wrote that statement.

Offline Synthesist

My most heartfelt condolences to the families and loved ones of the five Dallas police officers and those injured in this racially motivated hate crime.
#BlueLivesMatter
#AllLivesMatter - especially the unborn...

Offline Suppressed

You don't know that for sure yet.  Could very well be that it was a coordinated effort among the shooters and the BLM instigators.

And it was all planned that the BLM protestors helped the police corner the shooter to gain sympathy for their cause?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Lando Lincoln

I imagine the robot bomb will have people aghast soon if it doesn't already.  What are the thoughts here?  Kind of like one of Obama's drones, ain't it?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

And it was all planned that the BLM protestors helped the police corner the shooter to gain sympathy for their cause?

I think some don't want to recognize that there are innocent protestors (many of them) within the BLM ranks (some even white).  The recognition that there is sometimes injustice against blacks doesn't make one necessarily violent.  MANY are peaceful.

That said, it is obvious that violent people have overtaken the BLM movement and that there are sadistic, evil forces within it.

I think it's dangerous to broad brush this group............... but then maybe that's just me....   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I imagine the robot bomb will have people aghast soon if it doesn't already.  What are the thoughts here?  Kind of like one of Obama's drones, ain't it?

Except that this robot killed only the bad guy, and Obama's drones have killed many, many innocent people.

That distinction is important (especially when arguing with a liberal).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

• Technical

I love it personally. Takes out a scumbag with no risk to the cops.

Offline sinkspur

Use of police robot to kill Dallas shooting suspect believed to be first in US history

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/08/police-bomb-robot-explosive-killed-suspect-dallas
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WAC

Offline WAC

Me too!....I especially like the fact that they were using the robot as the means they were communicating with him ......so he had no clue it was armed and ready!  ...Sweet!

I also understand that because he was surrounded with concrete walls to protect himself...the blast left no remains....though drugs were found in his mothers home they could not even test the "shreds" left for a toxicology report.

Offline WAC

Black Lives matter Protesters laughing and  dancing at the 7-11 park. lot after police shooting.

Black lives Matter protesters outside the store 'making gestures' and taunting officers who were protecting them..

video.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSPiC33XFsw

Offline WAC

Obama's America and his legacy.....

This would be his response to us regarding looters.....

"I am sure they paid for all those Items, to think otherwise is racist."

Offline jedidah

Not really.  Police gave the perp the choice to surrender or be killed, and he chose death.  Drone strikes don't do that.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

Honestly, I was surprised that they had a bomb available.  The next day, I heard someone on Fox complaining that police are under funded and had their tactical gear taken away.

If you have a bomb at the ready, I fail to believe that you are under funded.

Offline goatprairie

I think some years down the road we're going to see lifelike robots checking out dangerous situations. Not too far from that. Why send live cops into dangerous situations when you can send a robot (hopefully with good armor) to subdue thugs. Imagine the chagrin of thugs shooting an armored robot that simply turns around and walks directly into the fire without going down. Robocop kind of situation. Never say never.

• Technical
Honestly, I was surprised that they had a bomb available.  The next day, I heard someone on Fox complaining that police are under funded and had their tactical gear taken away.

If you have a bomb at the ready, I fail to believe that you are under funded.

If you have a robot with a bomb you probably have more advanced technology than most of the nations of the world and shouldn't complain.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
For those interested. A new threat in Dallas is being investigated. Here is a live feed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIG-yS7Brqs
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

• Technical
For those interested. A new threat in Dallas is being investigated. Here is a live feed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIG-yS7Brqs

Yeah saw this on FR. Hopefully it's just people being skittish.