Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Dallas Police Officers killed during protest march...w/updates  (Read 14575 times)

Offline Crazieman

NIGHT!?!?!? Try week??

Started off with Hillary skating. Then more shootings, riots, now this.

Eureka, Kansas was struck by a tornado at nearly the same time as the shootings.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

geronl

Re: 2 Police officers shot in Dallas in BLM protest
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2016, 04:32:40 am »

carrying a rifle in public is not illegal, so the pic might not be the guy

Offline Victoria33

We are 20 miles north of Dallas - watching this happen on local Dallas channel 11.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Eureka, Kansas was struck by a tornado at nearly the same time as the shootings.

Just before this I heard that Hillary was going to re-investigated by the State Department. So who knows... maybe a bright spot.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
At least 2 shooters, 60+ shots fired from hi-perch positions.  Deliberately targeted the police officers.

What scares me is the potential for copy cats.  Lots of people out there who think this was a fine idea and long overdue.

11 Police Officers shot, 4 dead, 3 in critical condition and 2 still in surgery.

Guy in cammo has turned himself in, with a second suspect in custody after a shootout with Dallas SWAT...

Ongoing atrocity.

:smokin:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'm watching this on TV on a 55 inch TV. Pretty surreal to see blue lights flashing all over downtown Dallas.

Offline R4 TrumPence

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

geronl

Person of interest turns self in

Offline WAC

Deliberately targeted the police officers.....What scares me is the potential for copy cats.
Ongoing atrocity.....

What angers me is these people ALWAYS bring the violence in their communities to their protests...every time. ..Then swat teams are called....ALWAYS people who are hurt badly or killed...every time....

OF course there will be copy cats....this is one. Different place different time...same stuff....over and over again. Yet they want to be HEARD?????  No..I don't think so....and they seek a "sick" justice....this time a deadly one.

Offline R4 TrumPence

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-dallas-shooting-20160707-snap-htmlstory.html

11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings

a protest over police shootings in downtown Dallas Thursday evening, police said.

Police cornered one of the suspects in a garage and were negotiating with him, Dallas Police Chief David Brown said.

He said authorities have reason to believe that the suspects had threatened to plant a bomb “in the downtown area,” and police have reached out to the FBI and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives “to do a very thorough search” of the area.

“We believe that these suspects were positioning themselves in a way to triangulate on these officers from two different perches and garages in the downtown area, and planned to injure and kill as many law enforcement officers as they could,” Brown said.

Authorities released a photo of a “person of interest” wearing camouflage and carrying a rifle.

“An intensive search for suspects is currently underway,” Brown said in an earlier statement.

Police said that two officers were in surgery and three were in critical condition.

At least four of the officers  belonged to the Dallas Area Rapid Transit agency, including one of those who died, according to the agency’s Twitter account.

An agency spokesman said the officers did not appear to be together when they were shot.

A police department spokeswoman emailed a message to reporters asking them to “please be patient while we sort through all of this information as this is clearly still an active scene.”

Video shot by a Facebook user appeared to show officers ducking for cover as shots rang out.

A Dallas Morning News photographer tweeted footage that showed police ducking behind cars and an officer running with a rifle.

Follow
 G.J. McCarthy ✔ @gjmccarthy
This is a little bit cleaner clip. Shots fired at the #blacklivesmatter protest.
10:05 PM - 7 Jul 2016
  3,002 3,002 Retweets   1,643 1,643 likes

Follow
 FOX 4 NEWS ✔ @FOX4
#BREAKING: Our cameras captured several shots ring out during a protest in Downtown Dallas
10:10 PM - 7 Jul 2016
  8,963 8,963 Retweets   5,701 5,701 likes
Hundreds of demonstrators had turned out earlier in the evening for a protest at Belo Gardens and a march to Main Street Gardens, according to the Dallas Morning News.

The Dallas shootings were not the only place where protests led to trouble. In Portland, where protesters gathered downtown outside the county justice center, police tweeted that they arrested a man who was “displaying a gun during a demonstration,” though no shots were fired.

Tweets from a reporter for CBS affiliate KOIN News said that "everyone ran screaming" from the area, and a video quoted the man purported to have the gun saying he had pulled it out because he had "feared for my life" in the crowd.

The reporter said the man was quickly and "aggressively taken down by police."

Times staff writer Matt Hamilton contributed to this story.

UPDATES:

9:32 p.m.: This story was updated with new information from police and reports of disturbances in Portland.

9:13 p.m.: This story was updated with additional details on the shooting.

8:41 p.m.: This story was updated with additional details on the number of officers shot.

This story was originally published at 8:29 p.m.

Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times

Offline R4 TrumPence

What angers me is these people ALWAYS bring the violence in their communities to their protests...every time. ..Then swat teams are called....ALWAYS people who are hurt badly or killed...every time....

OF course there will be copy cats....this is one. Different place different time...same stuff....over and over again. Yet they want to be HEARD?????  No..I don't think so....and they seek a "sick" justice....this time a deadly one.

Very true!
No looting tonight though.

Offline WAC

We are 20 miles north of Dallas - watching this happen on local Dallas channel 11.

That's got to be chilling so close!.....too close for comfort if they don't catch them!

geronl

Looks about 50 cop vehicles at a traffic stop right now

geronl

I think just one.  The other is the innocent POI?

It says 2 in custody at the bottom of the screen

Offline R4 TrumPence

They are calling this a planned attack!!!

Offline Victoria33

Car stopped on freeway, many cop cars there, people arrested.

geronl

WFAA reporter saying female DART officer shot in shoulder and abdomen already talking about going back to work.

Her 10-year old daughter and father were there apparently

geronl

Offline Crazieman

They are calling this a planned attack!!!

NO WAY! (Not directed at you)
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.