Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Dallas Police Officers killed during protest march...w/updates  (Read 14605 times)

geronl

For heavens sake we are going to argue over the title of this thread.....

:chairbang:  in a steel cage!!

Nah, I think a live thread headline should be generic though

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
there
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Micah X? Sounds like black power crap to me.

Facebook page called Black Power Political Organization claims responsibility and says more is coming
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:41:23 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline Lando Lincoln

Calling this "peaceful" is just a media attempt to legitimize a hate group like BLM IMO. Quibbling? Possibly, but I don't feel it's honest.

Noted.

I did a quick search for this Micah X. Johnson... A lot of streams picking up the name but I haven't found anything of real substance. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:40:10 pm by mystery-ak »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

A question that I have been pondering:  If the government reaches beyond its boundaries and we are armed per the 2nd Amendment, is it OK to attack the government?

Putting away current events, what is the answer?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:43:19 pm by Half Vast Conspiracy »

geronl

Have a list of names of the murdered cops been released yet...

I think one  will be Patrick Martinez, someone was tweeting his name asking for prayers for the family.

geronl

A question that I have been pondering:  If the government reaches beyond it's boundaries and we are armed per the 2nd Amendment, is it OK to attack the government?

Putting away current events would mean it's a topic for another thread.  :tongue2:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Have a list of names of the murdered cops been released yet...

I think one  will be Patrick Martinez, someone was tweeting his name asking for prayers for the family.

I heard one was just married 2 weeks ago...My God they probably haven't even gotten their wedding photos back yet.... 8888crybaby
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

A question that I have been pondering:  If the government reaches beyond its boundaries and we are armed per the 2nd Amendment, is it OK to attack the government?

People have been pondering this since time immemorial.

Are you trying to justify the attack in some weird way? Because that's disgusting IMO.

Offline Lando Lincoln

I heard one was just married 2 weeks ago...My God they probably haven't even gotten their wedding photos back yet.... 8888crybaby

Dallas transit agency identifies first victim as 43-year-old officer

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:48:02 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Putting away current events would mean it's a topic for another thread.  :tongue2:

Agree.  But I think it will focus thinking and add perspective on current events

Offline Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Are you trying to justify the attack in some weird way? Because that's disgusting IMO.

Just trying to get a perspective.  I don't think critical thinking is disgusting.

Offline sinkspur

The Uncomfortable Reason it came to this in Dallas yesterday

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,215131.0.html
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

• Technical
Just trying to get a perspective.  I don't think critical thinking is disgusting.

You and Sinkspur are spamming and trying to derail the thread IMO.

Offline Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Offline r9etb

Micah Johnson - Facebook

Quite the Black Power aficionado....

Offline Victoria33

there

As of right now, 5 officers dead, 7 wounded.

I just saw on TV the shooter lived in Mesquite, Texas.  That is about 30 min. from our house and I was a public school teacher in Mesquite years ago.

Downtown Dallas is about 20 min. from our house.  I watched this unfold on TV from the very beginning on a local Dallas TV station, realizing police officers were dying as I watched.

Remember Garland, Texas, where two terrorists were killed before they got in the building where the Mohammad art contest was going on?  Garland is 20 min. in another direction from our house.  I was a counselor/psychological examiner in Garland schools years ago.

All should realize you are not safe in this country.  Your area is not safe just because nothing has YET happened in your area.

When you go to "soft" targets, you must be aware of your surroundings and that includes your church which is a soft target.  Our Catholic pastor was a sniper in the Army.  I am sure he is armed in church services and I would bet the deacons are armed in case the need arises to protect the congregation.  Of course, this is Texas, so likely numerous church members are armed at all times.

The entire Dallas downtown area is closed.  Thousands cannot go to work or to banks or to  the college there or public schools in the area or stores in that area.  Your life can change in an instant when something like this happens.  Think about that and practice in your mind what you would do in such a case.  How would you get out of an area that turned dangerous?  What do you need in your car in case of this type of emergency?  What do you need inside your house in this type emergency?

Be safe, okay?
@CathrineofAragon
@kartographer
@mystery-ak
@Norm Lenhart

• Technical
As of right now, 5 officers dead, 7 wounded.

I just saw on TV the shooter lived in Mesquite, Texas.  That is about 30 min. from our house and I was a public school teacher in Mesquite years ago.

Downtown Dallas is about 20 min. from our house.  I watched this unfold on TV from the very beginning on a local Dallas TV station, realizing police officers were dying as I watched.

Remember Garland, Texas, where two terrorists were killed before they got in the building where the Mohammad art contest was going on?  Garland is 20 min. in another direction from our house.  I was a counselor/psychological examiner in Garland schools years ago.

All should realize you are not safe in this country.  Your area is not safe just because nothing has YET happened in your area.

When you go to "soft" targets, you must be aware of your surroundings and that includes your church which is a soft target.  Our Catholic pastor was a sniper in the Army.  I am sure he is armed in church services and I would bet the deacons are armed in case the need arises to protect the congregation.  Of course, this is Texas, so likely numerous church members are armed at all times.

The entire Dallas downtown area is closed.  Thousands cannot go to work or to banks or to  the college there or public schools in the area or stores in that area.  Your life can change in an instant when something like this happens.  Think about that and practice in your mind what you would do in such a case.  How would you get out of an area that turned dangerous?  What do you need in your car in case of this type of emergency?  What do you need inside your house in this type emergency?

Be safe, okay?
@CathrineofAragon
@kartographer
@mystery-ak
@Norm Lenhart

Texas is in a terrible spot IMO. You're on the border of one of the most violent disgusting countries on earth. You are getting it on all sides. Liberals hate Texans, now you have this black power crap to content with. Our President is openly stoking the flames of racial anger and hatred.

I really sympathize with you guys.

Offline GrouchoTex

My son lived in Grapevine and in Flower Mound for a while.
I have been in that area of Dallas where this all took place, more than once.
Prayers to all of our brave fellow Texans in Dallas, and to those TBR members in the area.

Offline Victoria33

My son lived in Grapevine and in Flower Mound for a while.
I have been in that area of Dallas where this all took place, more than once.
Prayers to all of our brave fellow Texans in Dallas, and to those TBR members in the area.

I am in the Highland Village/Flower Mound area.  One side of the street will be HIghland Village and the other side of the street is Flower Mound.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I think most of us realize that this event is the predictable result of the intentional stoking of anti-police hatred in the black community by groups such as BLM.  When our political leaders embrace such movements, even as they themselves hide behind the cloak of armed police protection, it gives a certain legitimacy to lawlessness such as this. 

In at least that respect, Hillary Clinton's hands are bloody this morning. I suspect it may go much deeper than that as BLM may well be funded by leftist organizations seeking to unify African Americans behind the Democrat Party.  It is really a despicable situation.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Quite the Black Power aficionado....

Johnson had served in the U.S. Army Reserve, two U.S. officials said.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sinkspur

You and Sinkspur are spamming and trying to derail the thread IMO.

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?  Calm down.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.