Author Topic: Donald Trump says his family will speak at the Republican convention  (Read 7486 times)

geronl

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trailguide-updates-donald-trump-says-his-family-will-speak-1467395967-htmlstory.html

Donald Trump says his family will speak at the Republican convention

"My wife is going to be speaking at the convention," Trump says in Denver
12:56 PM - 1 Jul 2016

@CandaceSmith_

NEW: Trump says all of his children (including Tiffany) and wife, Melania, will be speaking at the convention.
12:57 PM - 1 Jul 2016

He'll have more Democrat speakers than Republican ones.

Each of them could rally around a leftist idea to push.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Donald Trump says his family will speak at the Republican convention
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 02:23:51 am »
Wonderful news ... thanks for posting!   :beer:

Offline WAC

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:30:47 am »
Wonderful news ... thanks for posting!   :beer:

I've made a point to listen to his family members interviews etc. Pretty remarkable family and no doubt their love and devotion to their father. The sons especially are interesting to hear as they speak about Trump not as a father but as a Presidential candidate.

An observation is they all think fast and speak fast...I suspect because they all are heavily involved in making quick decisions in the businesses. I also suspect they got this from their father.

At convention no surprise at all his family will speak......they are part of his campaign in a big way so though family they would surely represent Trump the candidate as no others could.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 02:33:28 am »
Kinda sad.  This is the best he can do?  His family?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline thatcher

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 03:18:43 am »

Yes, they are a testament to their mothers' good instincts and skills since he was absent during their upbringing.

He was attending to other things....

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:57:05 am by thatcher »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 04:44:16 am »
Yes, they are a testament to their mothers' good instincts and skills since he was absent during their upbringing.

He was attending to other things....

Or perhaps a testament to their nanny.  Ivana worked away from the family in Atlantic city for quite a while.  This was convenient for Donald as it gave him lots of opportunities to carry on with Marla.  Ivana ended up quitting to come back to NYC to spend more time with her family, but Donald put her back to work in one of the local properties. The children had their own wing in the family home with a second kitchen and the nanny prepared and served their meals to them there.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 06:43:46 am »
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trailguide-updates-donald-trump-says-his-family-will-speak-1467395967-htmlstory.html

Considering Don is a republican and Ivanka and Eric were Indy's,  where do you get democrats?

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 07:18:48 am »
Considering Don is a republican and Ivanka and Eric were Indy's,  where do you get democrats?

He was a Democrate between 1999 and 2009... And no party affilliation between 2011 and 2012... The Trump family changes political parties like other people change cars.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 10:19:59 am »
He was a Democrate between 1999 and 2009... And no party affilliation between 2011 and 2012... The Trump family changes political parties like other people change cars.

You mean he was a Democrat during Saudi loving W Bush's terms around the time Saudi Muslims murdered people he knew on 911 then switched back after Saudi-loving W Bush was out of office. it was 2001 - 2009 - the 8 years of W Bush. He was either GOP Reform, or Independent otherwise. Mostly GOP.

And some on here are saying something similar. They are leaving the GOP and some have said they would prefer Hillary over Trump. It is understandable that people can be angry at the party systems.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 10:48:07 am »
You mean he was a Democrat during Saudi loving W Bush's terms around the time Saudi Muslims murdered people he knew on 911 then switched back after Saudi-loving W Bush was out of office. it was 2001 - 2009 - the 8 years of W Bush. He was either GOP Reform, or Independent otherwise. Mostly GOP.

And some on here are saying something similar. They are leaving the GOP and some have said they would prefer Hillary over Trump. It is understandable that people can be angry at the party systems.

No not quite. Trump was a member of the Independence party in 1999 a year before Bush was elected and ran for president as a member of that party. That party was formed by Jesse Ventura and not "Republican" in much of any way. Trump became a Democrat about a month before the 9-11 attack. That was well before W Bush showed any particular "love" for the Saudis so those claims won't fly.

So, during the "Saudi loving W Bush's term" were you tempted to become a Democrat?

Because there's a whole world of difference between not wanting to be a Republican and joining the Democratic party.

And if you weren't tempted to become a Democrat what does that say about Trump who did?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 10:53:27 am »
No not quite. Trump was a member of the Independence party in 1999 a year before Bush was elected and ran for president as a member of that party. That party was formed by Jesse Ventura and not "Republican" in much of any way. Trump became a Democrat about a month before the 9-11 attack. That was well before W Bush showed any particular "love" for the Saudis so those claims won't fly.

So, during the "Saudi loving W Bush's term" were you tempted to become a Democrat?

Because there's a whole world of difference between not wanting to be a Republican and joining the Democratic party.

And if you weren't tempted to become a Democrat what does that say about Trump who did?
Thank you for admitting Trump became a Democrat when w Bush took office and only for his two terms.  Do you think he likes the Bushes? I don't.

The difference tho is the wealth. You or me it would not make much of a difference other then our vote.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 11:03:06 am »
Just as he's having to vet Christie, he can't get anybody to speak at the convention.

Online DB

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 11:07:10 am »
Thank you for admitting Trump became a Democrat when w Bush took office and only for his two terms.  Do you think he likes the Bushes? I don't.

The difference tho is the wealth. You or me it would not make much of a difference other then our vote.

Oh so had a Bush been the nominee you'd be NeverBush and therefore supporting Hillary right now by your logic. And being wealthy and against Bush means you become a Democrat... Interesting logic/rational that makes no sense if one was really a Republican before Bush - oh, that's right he wasn't... He belonged to Jesse Ventura's Independence party who is just a bit nuts...

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 11:38:41 am »
There is NOTHIING that any of those self-entitled snots could say that would interest me in the least. All of them, Roman P. Trump included, were born on third and thought they hit a triple. Now they know what is best for the rest of us? Bull!
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 11:40:44 am »
Oh so had a Bush been the nominee you'd be NeverBush and therefore supporting Hillary right now by your logic. And being wealthy and against Bush means you become a Democrat... Interesting logic/rational that makes no sense if one was really a Republican before Bush - oh, that's right he wasn't... He belonged to Jesse Ventura's Independence party who is just a bit nuts...
Unlike you I would have simply not voted for Bush, Not helped the democrat opponent by attacking him 24/7. Its honorable to not support a person you do not like. Its not honorable to help the enemy because you do not like the person. The time to fight Trump has passed. Its time to move on.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 11:46:30 am by Mechanicos »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 11:50:57 am »

Well, isn't that nice?

Donald Trump, contrary to almost everyone else in America, left the Republican Party, according to you, because of 9/11.

No wonder he and Alex Jones are so close.

You're not helping your case. Of course, for a guy who thinks Sarah Palin has her head screwed on right, that's not surprising.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 11:54:24 am »
Well, isn't that nice?

Donald Trump, contrary to almost everyone else in America, left the Republican Party, according to you, because of 9/11.

No wonder he and Alex Jones are so close.

You're not helping your case. Of course, for a guy who thinks Sarah Palin has her head screwed on right, that's not surprising.
I like how you change what I said. He Switched to Democrat at about the time W Bush took office for the duration of his terms. He then had 911 which turned a lot of people especially many of those in NYC against Islam. Two overlapping things. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 12:20:23 pm »
Unlike you I would have simply not voted for Bush, Not helped the democrat opponent by attacking him 24/7. Its honorable to not support a person you do not like. Its not honorable to help the enemy because you do not like the person. The time to fight Trump has passed. Its time to move on.

"It's honorable to not support a person you do not like"

Well well well so explain your attitude towards those who don't like and choose not to support Trump.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 12:26:06 pm »
"It's honorable to not support a person you do not like"

Well well well so explain your attitude towards those who don't like and choose not to support Trump.
If that was it nobody would be giving anybody a hard time. Its beyond that tho into actively using the left's and Establishment  resources to actively work at preventing others from supporting the GOP Candidate for President.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 12:29:49 pm »
So  many slots.  So few people willing to speak.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 12:43:05 pm »
If that was it nobody would be giving anybody a hard time. Its beyond that tho into actively using the left's and Establishment  resources to actively work at preventing others from supporting the GOP Candidate for President.

So it's free speech you have a problem with.   Lol.  Caught in your own twisted logic.   

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 12:44:23 pm »
So it's free speech you have a problem with.   Lol.  Caught in your own twisted logic.
The time to help Cruz by attacking Trump is past. So who are you fighting for now?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 12:45:18 pm »

This does not surprise me - I have said he wants to set up a family dynasty. He will be president and his oldest son after him and the next son after that, or his daughter.

I will not watch those speeches.  What a travesty he is.  I hope he does not win as we would be saddled with his family for years and he would be a fruitcake president.     

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 12:47:08 pm »
The time to help Cruz by attacking Trump is past. So who are you fighting for now?

Trump is the presumptive nominee.   He does not have it.

Regardless, honor prevents me from supporting a lying scumbag like Trump.

Oceander

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 12:54:06 pm »

Reason and rational thought.  Just like the Founders.  It is utterly irrational to believe a NYC liberal changed his stripes so suddenly in the middle of 2015.