Author Topic: Trump rips GOP rivals who broke pledge; Kasich touts electability  (Read 8612 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: Trump rips GOP rivals who broke pledge; Kasich touts electability
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2016, 04:17:54 am »
I noticed that. The question on my mind is: how would he set about doing it?

He would stop the candidates from running for office again (the ones who don't support him) the same way he will stop the press from writing about/reporting something about him he doesn't like.  He thinks he is KING.  He thinks he is a dictator who will run the entire world or put them out of business/destroy the countries one way or another.  It will be the United States he destroys out of ignorance and demanding adoration from every person on earth.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2016, 04:53:11 am »
Not actually true.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/donald-trump-2016-rnc-pledge-meeting/
Sept 3rd, 2015.

Then if it is indeed a legal binding contract they signed, then the GOP would have grounds for lawsuits.

Let's see if they bring any, which would tell us all about the legal binding nature of such 'pledges'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2016, 04:54:07 am »
"They broke their word. In my opinion, they should never be allowed to run for public office again because what they did is disgraceful."

Doncha just hate it when the media twists things and doesn't tell it The way it was meant **nononono*
Some of us watch all the Trump rallies. We know when he is playing with the crowd. That is exactly when he said that. He was jovial and joking.
But of course CNN doesn't tell you that part  **nononono*

There are about 90% of quotes Attributed to Trump, that are either out of context, twisted, or just plain lies.
The Chris Mathews abortion interview is another good example. You should all watch it again and listen carefully to who said what.

But carry on believing the MSM, and liberal websites and blogs.
 I guess it is more fun? :shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

geronl

« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2016, 04:56:33 am »
Dead Whale for President!!

More qualified than Trump!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2016, 04:57:54 am »
Then if it is indeed a legal binding contract they signed, then the GOP would have grounds for lawsuits.

Let's see if they bring any, which would tell us all about the legal binding nature of such 'pledges'.

True. After the convention, when the presumptuous nominee becomes the nominee and the pledge is supposed to kick in.

*not a typo.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2016, 05:03:26 am »
Trump means what he says!  AND THAT'S WHAT SO DANGEROUS ABOUT HIM!

I would submit that it is not the tyrant who is the danger, but rather, his appeasers.

Jussayin;  :whistle:

HonestJohn

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2016, 05:29:38 am »
I would submit that it is not the tyrant who is the danger, but rather, his appeasers.

Jussayin;  :whistle:

I agree with that.

Offline HootOwl

« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2016, 07:09:36 am »
Honor is personal its not dependent on others. You have confused Face with Honor. Honor involving ones word must be kept. Especially if its in writing, or the man has no honor.
:nono:  Honor   T h y   F a t h e r    a n d   T h y   M o t h e r    Commandment from God is more important than a commandment from Trump.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2016, 10:33:57 am »
There was no "out" clause given to any of them which allowed the failure of one to free the others from their pledge. In fact, the commitments were given unconditionally. The ONLY way out is to break your pledge...what the other candidates do is irrelevant to the other individuals because the pledge was not given with such a condition.

Ergo, the lying, dishonorable Trump broke the pledge first.  Nowhere did the pledge he signed say "if I'm treated fairly".

If DonnieBoy did a deal and one investor pulled out because he felt it was "unfair", the others wouldn't be compelled to keep the deal and give him his cut of profits.  You'd laugh at the idea of other parties being held to a pledge after one broke it...if the tables were turned.  But with Deceitful Donnie, you're blind to it.

Odd.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2016, 10:59:31 am »
:nono:  Honor   T h y   F a t h e r    a n d   T h y   M o t h e r    Commandment from God is more important than a commandment from Trump.
You did not help your position here with that. See the onus to perform honorably is on the one whose Honor is at issue not the recipient.  It does not care if the recipients of your honoring are not good people or deserving of it.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2016, 11:11:16 am »
Doncha just hate it when the media twists things and doesn't tell it The way it was meant **nononono*
Some of us watch all the Trump rallies. We know when he is playing with the crowd. That is exactly when he said that. He was jovial and joking.

There are about 90% of quotes Attributed to Trump, that are either out of context, twisted, or just plain lies.
The Chris Mathews abortion interview is another good example. You should all watch it again and listen carefully to who said what.

But carry on believing the MSM, and liberal websites and blogs.
 I guess it is more fun? :shrug:

I heard the rally, in all of it's context, on the way home from work last night. I heard the sentences leading up to this quote, and those after it.
I can tell you that it did not come off as a joke on the radio.
It was not from the MSM, that place I  where I heard the quote from.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2016, 12:10:48 pm »
How was the losing candidate personally "destroyed"?  Is his marriage intact?  Has he lost custody of his children? Have friends (if applicable) shunned him?   Is he bankrupt? 

How was the losing candidate professionally "destroyed"?  Are his professional licenses intact? Has he lost income?  Has his job been lost?  Has he lost eligibility for reelection?   

There was no destruction.  The pledge stands .... and honor requires they keep it.

Read again.

"Attempts to"

Just the attempt is enough.

Besides, time and again The Deceitful One shows that rules mean nothing to him.  "Ted Cruz is stealing my delegates [by following the rules]" suckered the ignorant.  Now, we have the forgetful being suckered when they forget that Trump broke the pledge first.

@Right_in_Virginia
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2016, 12:11:00 pm »
I heard the rally, in all of it's context, on the way home from work last night. I heard the sentences leading up to this quote, and those after it.
I can tell you that it did not come off as a joke on the radio.
It was not from the MSM, that place I  where I heard the quote from.
Its amazing then how you failed to hear the crowd laughter after he said it.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2016, 12:16:21 pm »
You did not help your position here with that. See the onus to perform honorably is on the one whose Honor is at issue not the recipient.  It does not care if the recipients of your honoring are not good people or deserving of it.

So just to be clear, Mechanicos,  Trump (who broke the pledge first) is not honorable, correct? 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2016, 12:20:16 pm »
So just to be clear, Mechanicos,  Trump (who broke the pledge first) is not honorable, correct?
Trump did not break the pledge first. the RNC did - but the anti-Trump filters the Cruz people had in place prevent them seeing that are still in effect obviously.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2016, 12:23:14 pm »

So he's ginning up a mob.   That's what demagogues do,  from Mussolini to Chavez to some huckster preacher to, yes, Donald Trump.   

Trump thinks he can get laughs and applause from his mob by stating that those who oppose him should be silenced or worse.   He knows his audience well.  Trump doesn't scare me as much as his followers do.   

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2016, 12:26:39 pm »
So he's ginning up a mob.   That's what demagogues do,  from Mussolini to Chavez to some huckster preacher to, yes, Donald Trump.   

Trump thinks he can get laughs and applause from his mob by stating that those who oppose him should be silenced or worse.   He knows his audience well.  Trump doesn't scare me as much as his followers do.   

Well, it's always  the followers who do the dirty work for them. I don't believe Hilter ever killed a man personally. In private life he was something of an old softie.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:28:04 pm by Henry Noel »
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2016, 12:29:56 pm »
Trump did not break the pledge first. the RNC did - but the anti-Trump filters the Cruz people had in place prevent them seeing that are still in effect obviously.

You're losing your grip on reality, sir. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2016, 01:27:55 pm »
Honor is personal its not dependent on others. You have confused Face with Honor. Honor involving ones word must be kept. Especially if its in writing, or the man has no honor.

Honor becomes even more personal when a conflict arises between loyalty to a political figure and a wife or a father.  Considering the smear job Trump pulled on Heidi Cruz and Rafael Cruz, Ted's loyalty must lie with his family.  Anything else would be dishonorable on his part.

Offline biff

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2016, 02:25:51 pm »
donnie needs to nut up and realize he is running against the Clintons and the sooner he understands that the support will come, especially if he stops talking like a 4th grade bully during recess.

don, quit being a crybaby.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2016, 02:30:25 pm »

Okay, so it was okay for Trump to break the pledge because "the RNC did it first"...but now he whines that others do it after he does.

Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9BXuy5_FA
+++++++++

geronl

« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2016, 02:36:37 pm »
See the onus to perform honorably is on the one whose Honor is at issue not the recipient.

Honor isn't received. It's not a FedEx package. It either exists or it does not.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2016, 02:55:38 pm »
Trump is not and never will be "our side".

Thank you for saying that, geronl.

Trump never has been, is not now, nor ever will be "on our side."

I am a Conservative Republican.  I have been a Conservative Republican my entire life, and the "front runner" opposes every Conservative Republican value I have ever had.

In the two major parties, there are two front runners who have neither honor, nor loyalty to the Constitution, nor the country.

Donald Trump is absolutely without honor.  He lies.  He betrays.  He stabs in the back.  And he makes pronouncements that prove he has no clue as to what the rule of law is, nor the role of President in the US Government.

This is the first time in my life the Republican candidate has nothing in him that I can support, and hundreds of things that I cannot.

I will be extremely disappointed in both Kasich and Cruz if they support him.  He is poison.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2016, 02:58:44 pm »
He would stop the candidates from running for office again (the ones who don't support him) the same way he will stop the press from writing about/reporting something about him he doesn't like.  He thinks he is KING.  He thinks he is a dictator who will run the entire world or put them out of business/destroy the countries one way or another.  It will be the United States he destroys out of ignorance and demanding adoration from every person on earth.

I think the destruction of America because of Trump has already begun.  We don't have to wait until November.  There is no one speaking for the values we have always had, @Victoria33

If Trump wins the nomination, America will see debates between two corrupt liberals.

Conservative Americans will have no voice............ and that harms America deeply.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.