Author Topic: Officers across California lose firearms at high rate  (Read 1364 times)

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Officers across California lose firearms at high rate
« on: June 29, 2016, 07:45:28 pm »
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — From Glocks, Sig Sauers and Remingtons to sniper and assault rifles, 944 guns that once belonged to law enforcement officers across California have been either stolen, lost or can't be accounted for since 2010.

A new exclusive Bay Area News Group investigation surveyed more than 240 local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and discovered an alarming disregard for the way many officers from police chiefs to cadets to FBI agents safeguard their weapons.

The investigation comes a year after a bullet from a federal agent's stolen gun killed 32-year-old Kate Steinle on a San Francisco pier.

The guns have been stolen from behind car seats and inside glove boxes, swiped from gym bags, dresser drawers, tailgates, and even atop a toilet paper dispenser in a car dealership's bathroom. Fewer than 20 percent have been recovered.

[excerpted]

http://bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/officers-across-california-lose-firearms-at-high-rate-06-29-2016
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Officers across California lose firearms at high rate
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 07:53:31 pm »
Proof, as if any was necessary, that you can indeed steal from yourself.  I've met a few Cali cops, and it wouldn't surprise me if at least half of these weapons are under their own beds.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist