Author Topic: Cruz's Campaign Staff Won't Work For Trump and They're Not Alone  (Read 6667 times)

Online libertybele

Ted Cruz’s Campaign Staff Won’t Work For Trump And They’re Not Alone

As is often the case, when campaigns suspend, many of the top people in those campaigns will often move on to the campaign that comes out on top. One can argue whether or not this is a good idea but that's how the business works. If you need the people on your team, you go to the other teams and get their best people, especially those that have been in the trenches and know what to do.

That's not happening for Donald Trump.

He is finding that many top Republican political advisers are rebuffing his efforts to recruit them. And yes, he is trying to recruit them:

Donald Trump has finally acknowledged that to best compete against Hillary Clinton he needs more than the bare-bones campaign team that led him to primary success. But many of the most experienced Republican political advisers aren't willing to work for him.

From Texas to New Hampshire, well-respected members of the Republican Party's professional class say they cannot look past their deep personal and professional reservations about the presumptive presidential nominee.

While there are exceptions, many strategists who best understand the mechanics of presidential politics fear that taking a Trump paycheck might stain their resumes, spook other clients and even cause problems at home. They also are reluctant to devote months to a divisive candidate whose campaign has been plagued by infighting and disorganization.

"Right now I feel no obligation to lift a finger to help Donald Trump," said Brent Swander, an Ohio-based operative who has coordinated nationwide logistics for Republican presidential campaigns dating to George W. Bush.
    "Everything that we're taught as children — not to bully, not to demean, to treat others with respect — everything we're taught as children is the exact opposite of what the Republican nominee is doing. How do you work for somebody like that? What would I tell my family?" Swander said....

...Trump created an environment where people simply do not like him or the people working for him. Politics is often relational. People aren't going to work with you or for you if they don't like you. Trump is learning that lesson.

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/06/25/ted-cruzs-campaign-staff-wont-work-trump-theyre-alone/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:22:30 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Cruz's Campaign Staff Won't Work For Trump and They're Not Alone
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 11:37:51 pm »
:baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 12:00:21 am »
Not surprising at all.  Who in his right mind would want to damage his career by association with such a joke?

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 12:01:14 am »
Obviously something Trump supporters just don't seem to comprehend:

...Trump created an environment where people simply do not like him or the people working for him. Politics is often relational. People aren't going to work with you or for you if they don't like you. Trump is learning that lesson.

Gee I wonder if that's why Mia Love, Rick Scott and Susan Martinez (to name a few) want nothing to do with him.  They know that siding with Trump would end their political careers.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 12:04:48 am »
Not surprising at all.  Who in his right mind would want to damage his career by association with such a joke?

And I'd go so far as to say they wouldn't wiz on him if he was on fire.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 12:15:46 am »

No one likes an   .

Especially one who treats you like crap and then turns around and insists upon your assistance.

There has never, ever been a major candidate for President like this, at least not for a serious political party in America.

If Signor Trumpione wants a meeting, tell him to stop whacking everyone who refuses to kiss his ring.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 12:15:58 am »

Seems like the trump folks are the ones crying now.

Oh sure, it was alot of fun chanting insults at the other candidates at Trump rallies and goading their supporters with trash stories from the National Inquirer.

But I cannot believe you guys honestly thought there'd be consequences for it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 12:24:52 am »
And I'd go so far as to say they wouldn't wiz on him if he was on fire.

I think that is a safe assumption, lol.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 12:28:28 am »

:silly:

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 12:28:56 am »

:beer:   You know your unpopular when Barry rates higher! :peeonobama:

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 12:30:51 am »

No kidding!
 :silly:

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 12:32:14 am »
No one likes an   .

Especially one who treats you like crap and then turns around and insists upon your assistance.

There has never, ever been a major candidate for President like this, at least not for a serious political party in America.

If Signor Trumpione wants a meeting, tell him to stop whacking everyone who refuses to kiss his ring.
Study American history.

Andrew Jackson for example.

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline kartographer

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 12:32:48 am »

I thought they were all a bunch of lying lairs? Why would he want a bunch of lying lairs to work for him?  :pondering:
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 12:34:43 am »
I thought they were all a bunch of lying lairs? Why would he want a bunch of lying lairs to work for him?  :pondering:
It was petty and childish of them to say so. Even if they felt it

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 12:35:53 am »

What's a lair got to do with this @cartographer ?   :pondering:

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:13 am »
 :nometalk:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:09:46 am by Gov Bean Counter »

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 12:38:59 am »
Study American history.

You're right on that one.  Trump definitely shares a very important similarity with Jackson; Jackson supported his vice president Martin Van Buren's successful presidential campaign in 1836. He worked to bolster the Democratic Party and helped his friend James K. Polk win the 1844 presidential election.

Yesiree, Jackson was a Republican-Democrat, or if you will Democrat-Republican ... no different than Trump.  Thank you for keeping me informed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 12:42:00 am »
       Now that look like the Trumpets crying foul!   :silly:
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline kartographer

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 12:43:26 am »
What's a lair got to do with this @cartographer ?   :pondering:

As a manager I know I don't want lairs working for me? And isn't Cruz and his staff a bunch of lying lairs and cheats? We were repeatedly told that they were. So I am asking why would someone especially someone that is suppose to be a genius at managing people want a bunch of lying cheaters work for them?
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline kartographer

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 12:44:23 am »
       Now that look like the Trumpets crying foul!   :silly:

You reap what you sow.

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 12:44:36 am »

It really is bad, isn't it?  Looks like the country might be screwed for the next four years, regardless.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 12:46:42 am »
You reap what you sow.
For me...I'm sowing the seeds of constitutional conservatism with a vote for the Constitution Party candidate, because Trump is harvesting more liberalism, and bloated federal government.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 12:51:06 am »
For me...I'm sowing the seeds of constitutional conservatism with a vote for the Constitution Party candidate

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 01:03:31 am »
Study American history.

Great example. Andrew Jackson was among our worst Presidents: a slave-owning founder of the Democrat Party. And a world class bastard.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024