Author Topic: Trump's VP Front-runner: Sen. Sessions of Alabama  (Read 3227 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Trump's VP Front-runner: Sen. Sessions of Alabama
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 06:54:01 pm »
Yep.  Completely superficial, and I could care less about Sessions anyway, after how he threw his former buddy Cruz under the bus for the likes of Trump.

That's still a head-scratcher.

There must have been a personality conflict  They served on a number of the same committees.

Online bilo

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 06:59:51 pm »
Sessions is considered a hard core conservative and has been given an A+ rating by the NRA. Quite honestly, I tend to agree with Sessions on just about every issue other than free trade. He definitely won't help with the Hispanic or female vote.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Jeff_Sessions.htm

As things are now could anyone help with Hispanics or unmarried women?

I don't mean just because of Trump. He's his own special kind of stupid. I mean because the media, schools, popular culture and Rats have done such a good job perpetuating the leftist propaganda that western civilization (insert white men) is evil any Pub running for office starts in a negative position and if the candidate is a white man the negative is increased.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online bilo

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 07:08:50 pm »

There must have been a personality conflict  They served on a number of the same committees.

Just a thought, but it could be as simple as Trump was getting all the press coverage and was so unusual that he seemed unstoppable (remember it was a Pub year). Sessions may have just wanted to jump on board before the train left the station. I think this happened with a lot of people who endorsed Trump before he had it won. Now a lot of these same people have ended any significance they might have had in politics; Huckabee, Carson, Palin come to mind.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:09:32 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2016, 07:15:09 pm »

The answer is easy and obvious.   sessions is a sell-out.  I wonder how much lying don paid for this wretched little man?
Former Republican.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 07:38:04 pm »

It's called Trump lining Session's pockets with the green stuff and a promise to be one of his cabinet members; VP seemed to be the most persuasive.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 07:50:08 pm »
It's called Trump lining Session's pockets with the green stuff and a promise to be one of his cabinet members; VP seemed to be the most persuasive.

Sessions might have looked at his career path and decided that McCain (Armed Services) and Grassley (Judiciary) were intending to die in office and any shot he had of being a committee Chairman was not going to materialize.

Also, he is the Chairman of the Judiciary's Immigration and National Interest Sub-Committee so he might just have the first hand experience to conclude that Trump's plan is the only one that can stem the tide.

I don't know that I've ever looked at Sessions as being particularly venal or craven.  I've always liked him.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 08:05:45 pm »
Sessions might have looked at his career path and decided that McCain (Armed Services) and Grassley (Judiciary) were intending to die in office and any shot he had of being a committee Chairman was not going to materialize.

Also, he is the Chairman of the Judiciary's Immigration and National Interest Sub-Committee so he might just have the first hand experience to conclude that Trump's plan is the only one that can stem the tide.

I don't know that I've ever looked at Sessions as being particularly venal or craven.  I've always liked him.

I find it quite surprising that after Sessions vehemently vowed for Cruz's stance on amnesty he suddenly shifted and endorsed Trump; right before Super Tuesday. Months later Sessions is then rumored as being on Trump's VP list and now it seems that he is Trump's pick.  Granted it could all be coincidental, I tend to think otherwise.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 08:54:06 pm »
He could pick David Duke.  Or Pat Buchanon. 
They'd fit in well with his campaign.

Wingnut

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 09:06:13 pm »

That will put the White sheets back in all the Bedrooms at 1600 Penn av.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2016, 09:33:38 pm »

Nah, they're not racist enough or stupid enough.

Plus, he could never be on stage with either of them.  Their hands are too big.
Former Republican.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2016, 09:34:13 pm »
Trump's VP pick will be Trump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP0i4YAs9vA

Offline sitetest

Former Republican.