Author Topic: If you thought 'Never Trump' was dead, think again  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: If you thought 'Never Trump' was dead, think again
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 05:42:41 am »
It is wise to listen to others whom you respect.  In the end, the decision is on you and your own conscience.  You'll do the best you can I am sure.

There is a phrase that I think applies. "In the end, we all die alone."

In this end, Ted C, LM and anyone else we may respect will not be with us in the voting booth and whatever aftermath results. There will only be me, you, all of us individually.

As for myself, I've made enough mistakes that I have to live with, political and otherwise. I see what Trump is. It is a screaming neon billboard we cannot shield our eyes from. We can only lie to ourselves and pretend it isn't what it is.

That's something I will not do. I will accept the warning it gives me. Hillary will be the final nail in America's coffin. I know that. I also know Trump is a nail from a different manufacturer. But he will do the job just as well. So I will stand on principle knowing that when America burns, I did not help throw gas on the fire or light the match to begin with.

Thats something others will have to live with.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 09:43:39 am »
As for me, I don't give a damn what Ted does or Ben Sasse or anybody else.  If I'm the only one left who is #NeverTrump, I will always be Never Trump. 

Who is Lloyd Marcus?

I, too, would willingly stand alone against the blasphemy that is trump.  I guess we'll stand together.

And with @Norm Lenhart .
And with @CatherineofAragon
And with @HonestJohn
And with @Victoria33
And with @OldSaltUSN
And with @Wingnut
And with @RAT Patrol
And with @geronl

And with many others that don't immediately come to mind at 5:40 in the am.
Former Republican.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 11:09:24 am »
I, too, would willingly stand alone against the blasphemy that is trump.  I guess we'll stand together.

And with @Norm Lenhart .
And with @HonestJohn
And with @Victoria33
And with @OldSaltUSN
And with @Wingnut
And with @RAT Patrol
And with @geronl

You can add me.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2016, 01:23:29 pm »

And with @Norm Lenhart .
And with @HonestJohn
And with @Victoria33
And with @OldSaltUSN
And with @Wingnut
And with @RAT Patrol
And with @geronl

@GE from FR

Will never vote for Trump who has a mental disorder - never Trump for Commander in Chief.

Guys, please note my good friend, Greeneyes from FR has joined us, she is "GE from FR". She is a brilliant woman, a pro at prepping, this forum is lucky to have her.
@mystery-ak

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 01:49:28 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/22/never-donald-trump-campaign-turmoil-republicans

If you thought 'Never Trump' was dead, think again

Jamie Weinstein

Donald Trump could pick Ronald Reagan’s ghost as his vice-president and fail to win us over. The current turmoil in his campaign shows that we’re right to resist

Wednesday 22 June 2016 11.48 EDT Last modified on Wednesday 22 June 2016 12.04 EDT

"Trump’s support within the Republican party is multifaceted. There is Trump’s base that supports him unwaveringly. There are those who support him because they fear Hillary more than Trump, but could be convinced to support a third party if a serious more conservative contender emerged. And then there are the stalwart Never Trumpers.

The Never Trump movement is not uniform. Some Never Trumpers say they will never vote for Trump or Hillary Clinton and will stay home, others say they will vote for Clinton if no serious third-party candidate emerges, while still others say they will vote for the Libertarian party contender or write in a candidate.

Some Never Trumpers oppose Trump because of his character and temperament, others oppose him because of profound domestic and foreign policy disagreements, still others oppose him because his authoritarian tendencies and the threat such predilections would pose to the American system. (Many, of course, like myself, oppose him for a combination of these reasons.)

But what separates the Never Trumpers is insignificant compared to that unites them. Simply stated, all Never Trumpers believe Donald Trump is a lying, unstable megalomaniac wholly unsuited for the presidency and they can’t in good conscience cast a presidential ballot for him.

And these aren’t the type of squishy Republicans who decided to support Barack Obama over the Republican nominees in 2008 and 2012. Most Never Trumpers I know would have sprinted to the polls to vote for someone as conservative as Ted Cruz."

NeverTrump NeverHillary -- It's about supporting and defending the constitution as it is written.  We've had far too many politicians that say one thing and do another.  Hillary would work to undermine the Constitution.  Trump has no clue what it says, other than it has a Second Amendment that allows us to have guns. The Libertarians only want to follow certain parts that fit their agenda.

The ONLY candidate left (currently, unless Ted has a shot at the convention) that have a clear understanding and a goal of preserving the constitution is Darrell Castle (with Dr. Scott Bradley as VP) of the Constitution Party.  Every President in the last 20 years (or more) has doubled the national debt.  Obama has found more ways to circumvent or even outright ignore the Constitution, than Kelloggs has flakes.

We need to have someone that when they place their hand on that bible and share to uphold and defend the Constitution, that is exactly what they do.  Castle is the ONLY one I see doing that.  The media won't give credence to third parties, because it is in their best interest not too.  They run most of the major polls and add more that two parties, scues the results.  When was the last time you saw more than 3 in a presidential poll?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 01:55:52 pm »

And with @Norm Lenhart .
And with @HonestJohn
And with @Victoria33
And with @OldSaltUSN
And with @Wingnut
And with @RAT Patrol
And with @geronl

And Bigun!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sitetest

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 02:54:31 pm »
And Bigun!

I'm happy that this thread shows that we are not alone.  We, each alone, would stand alone to oppose this monstrous evil.  But we don't need to.  The stumpers try to minimize us. 

But there are more of us than they can admit.  Because admitting it would unravel their best and last defense of the lying don horror:  that he is inevitable.  Even if he were, we would have to oppose him.  But he's not.
Former Republican.

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 03:05:44 pm »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 03:06:47 pm »

Online libertybele

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2016, 03:08:24 pm »
..."Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.  That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government ...

I will continue to support those who work towards the reconstruction of our Country and refuse to support those who continue its destruction.

And libertybele

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2016, 03:19:41 pm »
I'll never vote for a lying, hypocritical con-artist regardless of their party affiliation.

#NeverTrump  #NeverHillary
Let it burn.

Silver Pines

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2016, 03:39:51 pm »

I am waiting to see where Ted goes. As well as Sasse, Mike Lee, LLoyd Marcus and Colonel West.

I go with them.

A Simple Bricklayer.

With all respect, friend, I think for myself.  If Cruz endorses Trump, I'm done with him.  The rest of them can do what they want...I know where I stand, and that's #NeverTrump.

Offline chae

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2016, 03:48:18 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Considering what was said about Heidi Cruz, I can't see Ted doing that.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 03:51:52 pm »
Quote from: Fantom on June 22, 2016, 08:12:51 PM

I am waiting to see where Ted goes. As well as Sasse, Mike Lee, LLoyd Marcus and Colonel West.

I go with them.

A Simple Bricklayer.
----
With all respect, friend, I think for myself.  If Cruz endorses Trump, I'm done with him.  The rest of them can do what they want...I know where I stand, and that's #NeverTrump.
Im not sure Cruz, Lee or Sasse will ever "officially" endorse Trump.  West has stated numerous times he supports the Republican nominee.  Anyone that endorses Trump is as bad as he, and condones his nomination and the direction of the Rep Party.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 04:38:18 pm »

That's exactly my view on the matter as well. 
Let it burn.

Wingnut

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 07:10:02 pm »

And with @Norm Lenhart .
And with @HonestJohn
And with @Victoria33
And with @OldSaltUSN
And with @Wingnut
And with @RAT Patrol
And with @geronl

Cool.  Here is a list I like being on.  Usually it is a banned list so this is a step up for me!   

#Nevertrump

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 07:19:12 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Considering what was said about Heidi Cruz, I can't see Ted doing that.

I agree with you; I don't believe it will happen, either.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2016, 08:02:51 pm »
Cool.  Here is a list I like being on.  Usually it is a banned list so this is a step up for me!   

#Nevertrump

88finger point
Former Republican.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2016, 08:50:50 pm »
Add me to the list, please.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

geronl

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2016, 10:29:45 pm »
That is a nice list to be on

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2016, 10:35:45 pm »

#Nevertrump

@sitetest can I join?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:36:12 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline thatcher

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2016, 10:42:24 pm »
Please add me to the list. 

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2016, 10:57:40 pm »
Don't forget me!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2016, 12:05:22 am »
But what separates the Never Trumpers is insignificant compared to that unites them. Simply stated, all Never Trumpers believe Donald Trump is a lying, unstable megalomaniac wholly unsuited for the presidency and they can’t in good conscience cast a presidential ballot for him.

:word:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2016, 12:22:09 am »
Add me to the list.  I couldn't be listed with finer company. :beer: