Author Topic: Trump tweets about poll that shows him losing  (Read 2424 times)

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
Re: Trump tweets about poll that shows him losing
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 10:26:24 pm »
What a recommendation! That said, I've been reading about a lot of possibles to challenge him at the convention, but they're all wusses, and Cruz, as much as I like his positions, is a sort of alienating person. I'd vote for him gladly, but I don't see him getting enough support to go ahead.

What about somebody like Susanna Martinez, who is hated by Trump, but has been a very successful GOP governor and I believe is a good speaker?  I'd like to see Walker, personally, but he's not very dynamic and I don't think he could capture voters on his own. Also, Nikki Haley (despised by many people, but quite conservative and popular in her state, except for that Confederate flag thing...which, however, may have been prudent) might be a good choice.

Trump is a loser and a wuss, and his fans are going to be extremely sad when he kowtows to Islam the day after he has gotten their votes.  We need somebody who won't do this.

Martinez is good.

How about Mitch Daniels or Mike Pence?
Former Republican.

Offline thatcher

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2016, 10:28:02 pm »
What help is on the way?

@thatcher

I'd rather not spell it out in detail -- not that the opposition doesn't know what's afoot -- just look at all of the stories coming out now from many different sources.  They have one common theme.  There are principled patriots who won't let him hijack the party and destroy the Republic.

Sorry, I can't be more specific right now. 

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:29:43 pm by thatcher »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 10:28:42 pm »
All he has to do is say the following:

"Ladies and Gentlem, Democrat and Republicans both...I'm speaking to you, tonight.

A nation cannot be a nation without borders, and culture.

As a direct result of orders coming from President Barack Obama, one million Muslims have been systematically disbursed into rural area around the country.

There have been 549 Syrians released in our country....since the Pulse Club shooting just last week in Orlando.   49 of them were released into Florida.

Ladies and Gentlemen...quite frankly, WTF is going on here?

The shooter in Orlando had a high-level DHS clearance as a contractor transporting the aforementioned people.

I said the other day that "...perhaps President Obama has something else going on here."

WTF is going on is a post full of bullshit.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 10:30:39 pm »
Martinez is good.

Whoever it is will be a sacrificial lamb.  If Trump is denied the nomination, his followers will bolt and not vote, so the GOP loses anyway.

But at least we reclaim the conservative mantle and kill Trumpism for good.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2016, 12:08:19 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sitetest

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2016, 12:15:50 am »
I'd rather not spell it out in detail -- not that the opposition doesn't know what's afoot -- just look at all of the stories coming out now from many different sources.  They have one common theme.  There are principled patriots who won't let him hijack the party and destroy the Republic.

Okay.  Godspeed.
Former Republican.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2016, 12:18:32 am »

You seem to have some inside info.  Anything we peons can do to help move this forward?

Offline sitetest

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 12:25:52 am »
Whoever it is will be a sacrificial lamb.  If Trump is denied the nomination, his followers will bolt and not vote, so the GOP loses anyway.

But at least we reclaim the conservative mantle and kill Trumpism for good.

If stumpy doesn't acquiesce in the end, that's how it will have to be.

He would need to bow out gracefully to truly unify the party, and even then, some trumpers would leave.

But we all know that's not in the card.
Former Republican.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2016, 12:26:22 am »
Thatcher = delegate?

That's my guess?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thatcher

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2016, 02:24:38 am »
Thatcher = delegate?

That's my guess?

No, wish I were.  There are delegates who are making it known.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:44:35 am by thatcher »

Offline thatcher

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2016, 02:37:40 am »
You seem to have some inside info.  Anything we peons can do to help move this forward?

From what I hear, they're thankful for the support but they've got this...it doesn't hurt to keep doing what you're doing.  Make your displeasure known to your representatives and any delegates that you can contact.  Those contacts should be available through state party officials, AFAIK.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2016, 05:08:27 am »
All he has to do is say the following:

"Ladies and Gentlem, Democrat and Republicans both...I'm speaking to you, tonight.

A nation cannot be a nation without borders, and culture.  .  .  .

Donald Trump speak in complete sentences?  Yeah, right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2016, 05:15:55 am »
Martinez is good.

Do you really think Trump will pick a Republican as his VP in order to balance the ticket out?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline thatcher

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2016, 06:14:11 am »

Do you really think Trump will pick a Republican as his VP in order to balance the ticket out?

Don't think he'll be the nominee and, in the off chance that he is, the delegates choose the VP.   Delegates rule.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:16:03 am by thatcher »

Offline sitetest

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2016, 12:07:42 pm »

I'm talking about who to replace stumpy at the top of the ticket.
Former Republican.