Author Topic: Trump tweets about poll that shows him losing  (Read 2423 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump tweets about poll that shows him losing
« on: June 17, 2016, 07:18:05 pm »

By NICK GASS

06/17/16 01:25 PM EDT Updated 06/17/16 01:49 PM EDT

Donald Trump has made it a habit to mention and tweet out favorable poll numbers throughout the course of his campaign.
But on Friday, the presumptive Republican nominee thanked his millions of followers for the results of a national survey that showed him losing to Hillary Clinton.

"THANK YOU! #AmericaFirst," Trump tweeted, in a message showing the latest One America News Network/Gravis Marketing poll, which the graphic indicates is from Thursday.

As shown in the collage, Clinton led Trump 51 percent to 49 percent.

Clinton leads Trump by nearly six points — 44.1 percent to 38.3 percent — in the Real Clear Politics average of head-to-head national polls conducted between May 24 and Wednesday. And in POLITICO's continually updated Battleground States Polling Average, Clinton leads Trump by a similar margin, 45 percent to 40 percent.

Speaking to The New York Times on Thursday night, Trump made a rare admission that he is currently running behind his Democratic opponent.

“I’m four down in one poll, three and a half in another that just came out, and I haven’t started yet,” Trump told the Times. "And I have tremendous Republican support ... Unfortunately they never talk about that, they talk about the few rebels.”

Even so, Trump has said that he does not necessarily buy into the results of polls that show him losing, suggesting to his supporters that people are less likely to tell a pollster they are supporting him than they are to privately cast their vote for him.

"When I poll, I do fine, but when I run I do much better," Trump said at a rally in Dallas on Thursday night, summarizing what polling analysts call the Bradley effect. "In other words, people say I’m not going to say who I’m voting for, don’t be embarrassed, I’m not going to say who I’m voting for and then they get it and I do much better, it’s like an amazing effect."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-losing-poll-tweet-224494#ixzz4Brii9hSV
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump tweets about poll that shows him losing
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 07:18:52 pm »
So the reason Trump trails in polls is because his supporters are ashamed that they're supporters.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 07:22:25 pm »
On my screen the link said Trump tweets about p...

I was thinking, Oh no he didn't tweet about his privates again! 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 07:41:27 pm »
I do think enthusiasm is shrinking among many of his supporters.  For example, my oldest sister and her husband both early Trump supporters would use Facebook to post pro-Trump stories at nearly the same regularity as some of our most hard-core Trump supporters here. They stopped doing that. I haven’t seen them go down that road in weeks.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 07:48:08 pm »
Until the last gasp of #neverTrump is over at the convention its limbo land. We still have to suffer thru the doomed mass effort to derail his nomination with hundreds of attack pieces and democrat ops working the damaged Cruz people. Not much to do now, Watch a few rallies. Argue with a few liberals if one is into that. etc.  Not like there is any new arguments against Trump. Just variations of what happened during the Primary and bogus polls.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 07:49:54 pm »
I do think enthusiasm is shrinking among many of his supporters.  For example, my oldest sister and her husband both early Trump supporters would use Facebook to post pro-Trump stories at nearly the same regularity as some of our most hard-core Trump supporters here. They stopped doing that. I haven’t seen them go down that road in weeks.

Yup. Noticed that too. Not all that glitters is gold... or even orange for that matter.

Maybe he'll be convinced to drop out?

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 07:51:55 pm »
So the reason Trump trails in polls is because his supporters are ashamed that they're supporters.

And he admits.
Former Republican.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 07:59:01 pm »
Until the last gasp of #neverTrump is over at the convention its limbo land. We still have to suffer thru the doomed mass effort to derail his nomination with hundreds of attack pieces and democrat ops working the damaged Cruz people. Not much to do now, Watch a few rallies. Argue with a few liberals if one is into that. etc.  Not like there is any new arguments against Trump. Just variations of what happened during the Primary and bogus polls.

#Nevertrump continues as long as stumpy does.  If stumpy's nomination goes down in flames, we will be there to salt the earth where stumpy once stood, as Rome salted Carthage.   If stumpy is nominated (as is likely), we will oppose him till November, and then, salt the earth in the spot he is destroyed.

If stumpy, by Satanic miracle, wins, we will oppose him till he is out of office, whether by impeachment or whatever, and salt the earth at his passing.

#Nevertrump
Former Republican.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 08:03:44 pm »
#Nevertrump continues as long as stumpy does.  If stumpy's nomination goes down in flames, we will be there to salt the earth where stumpy once stood, as Rome salted Carthage.   If stumpy is nominated (as is likely), we will oppose him till November, and then, salt the earth in the spot he is destroyed.

If stumpy, by Satanic miracle, wins, we will oppose him till he is out of office, whether by impeachment or whatever, and salt the earth at his passing.

#Nevertrump
No it will not. This is its last desperate gasp. 

And thanks for proving #neverTrump is emotion not reason.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 08:12:58 pm »

By NICK GASS

06/17/16 01:25 PM EDT Updated 06/17/16 01:49 PM EDT

Donald Trump has made it a habit to mention and tweet out favorable poll numbers throughout the course of his campaign.
But on Friday, the presumptive Republican nominee thanked his millions of followers for the results of a national survey that showed him losing to Hillary Clinton.

Now he's triumphal about a very Trump-friendly poll that shows him trailing by "only" two points.   On to victory!!!   :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:14:11 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 08:35:21 pm »
Now he's triumphal about a very Trump-friendly poll that shows him trailing by "only" two points.   On to victory!!!   :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly:
Gravatis OOAN has him inside the MOE.

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 08:35:28 pm »

You understand that your fake bravado (or is it denial?) isn't fooling anyone, right?  There's no way your guy can win with his disapproval numbers. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 08:41:53 pm »
Where are the Koch's when you need them?  A five minute-old tweet:

Ben Schreckinger
‏@SchreckReports

On the phone with a former Trump adviser: "I bet if someone offered him $150 million to drop out, he would."

Offline sitetest

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 08:46:17 pm »
No it will not. This is its last desperate gasp. 

And thanks for proving #neverTrump is emotion not reason.

I know that I will be #Nevertrump by myself if I must be, till the demise of stumpy.

NEVERtrump

@sinkspur

@CatherineofAragon

@Victoria33

@OldSaltUSN

@Oceander
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:48:00 pm by sitetest »
Former Republican.

Offline thatcher

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 08:56:09 pm »

You are going to be furious during the convention and probably catatonic afterward -- that is after trying to figure out how you were so blind-sided.

Hang in there #NeverTrumpers,  help is on the way.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:58:11 pm by thatcher »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 09:07:47 pm »
You understand that your fake bravado (or is it denial?) isn't fooling anyone, right?  There's no way your guy can win with his disapproval numbers.

What?!  No landslide?!  No phoenix rising from the ashes?  No second coming of Reagan?  No orange Jesus at the fig tree spreading around the Trumpnure?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:08:03 pm by RoosGirl »

HAPPY2BME

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 09:36:16 pm »
You are going to be furious during the convention and probably catatonic afterward -- that is after trying to figure out how you were so blind-sided.
That's not how the Trump caucus works.

No, what they'll actually do is scream fraud.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 10:01:11 pm »
What?!  No landslide?!  No phoenix rising from the ashes?  No second coming of Reagan?  No orange Jesus at the fig tree spreading around the Trumpnure?

LOL

Aaaaaand no unstoppable Trump Train ("get on or get out of the way!") that's going to speed right up to the front door at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Offline thatcher

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 10:07:34 pm »
That's not how the Trump caucus works.

No, what they'll actually do is scream fraud.

You mean like they've done all campaign season long even when they were winning?  Let them -- it won't change the outcome.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 10:14:20 pm »
On the phone with a former Trump adviser: "I bet if someone offered him $150 million to drop out, he would."

How can I donate?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline thatcher

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 10:18:57 pm »
How can I donate?

LOL.  As Kristol said, 15 billionaires, 10 million each -- not a problem -- a rounding error.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 10:21:22 pm »
Hang in there #NeverTrumpers,  help is on the way.

What help is on the way?

@thatcher
Former Republican.

Offline livius

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 10:23:42 pm »
What a recommendation! That said, I've been reading about a lot of possibles to challenge him at the convention, but they're all wusses, and Cruz, as much as I like his positions, is a sort of alienating person. I'd vote for him gladly, but I don't see him getting enough support to go ahead.

What about somebody like Susanna Martinez, who is hated by Trump, but has been a very successful GOP governor and I believe is a good speaker?  I'd like to see Walker, personally, but he's not very dynamic and I don't think he could capture voters on his own. Also, Nikki Haley (despised by many people, but quite conservative and popular in her state, except for that Confederate flag thing...which, however, may have been prudent) might be a good choice.

Trump is a loser and a wuss, and his fans are going to be extremely sad when he kowtows to Islam the day after he has gotten their votes.  We need somebody who won't do this.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 10:24:57 pm »
All he has to do is say the following:

"Ladies and Gentlem, Democrat and Republicans both...I'm speaking to you, tonight.

A nation cannot be a nation without borders, and culture.

As a direct result of orders coming from President Barack Obama, one million Muslims have been systematically disbursed into rural area around the country.

There have been 549 Syrians released in our country....since the Pulse Club shooting just last week in Orlando.   49 of them were released into Florida.

Ladies and Gentlemen...quite frankly, WTF is going on here?

The shooter in Orlando had a high-level DHS clearance as a contractor transporting the aforementioned people.

I said the other day that "...perhaps President Obama has something else going on here."

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald