Author Topic: Did The Mexican Cartels Produce The Drug That Killed Prince? - Forbes  (Read 425 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Wild headline until one sees it is from Forbes:
Did The Mexican Cartels Produce The Drug That Killed Prince?

The widespread and growing use of fentanyl–a prescription drug 100 times more powerful than morphine and 40 to 50 times more powerful than street-level heroin–has U.S. law enforcement officials alarmed.

“Fentanyl can kill you,” Acting DEA Deputy Administrator Jack Riley said in a video made available by DEA. “Fentanyl is being sold as heroin in virtually every corner of our country. It’s produced clandestinely in Mexico, and (also) comes directly from China.”

On June 10 the DEA released a “Roll Call” video to all law enforcement nationwide about the dangers of improperly handling fentanyl and its deadly consequences. “A very small amount ingested, or absorbed through your skin, can kill you,” Riley warns in the video.

Fentanyl is the drug that authorities said killed the singer Prince in April in Minnesota.

Read More At: http://www.forbes.com/sites/doliaestevez/2016/06/15/did-the-mexican-cartels-produce-the-drug-that-killed-prince/#56f31e4e6517

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I doubt someone of Prince's means needed to buy street Cartel versions of Fen. He probably had doctors lined up offering him whatever he needed, legit(sic). Kind of like Michael Jackson.

Side note, my wife recently went to the hospital and they gave her fentanyl in a very tiny dose and its effects were so bad, we are requesting she never get it again. Just the small amount they gave her put her into an anxiety attack, feeling completely out of control, and couldn't stay still for a MRI. Completely out of her nature. I would hate to see what larger doses will do.