Author Topic: Hill Republicans despondent over Trump  (Read 3121 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hill Republicans despondent over Trump
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:39:15 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/senate-trump-gop-orlando-224339

Hill Republicans despondent over Trump

Many senators are simply refusing to say anything about their presumptive nominee.

By Seung Min Kim and Burgess Everett

06/14/16 06:50 PM EDT

Senate Republicans have tried to work with Donald Trump. They’ve offered gentle advice and firm guidance, hoping he’ll morph into a general election candidate who won’t kill their chances of keeping the Senate, or better yet, will give Hillary Clinton a run for her money.

None of it has worked. And now a palpable mix of despair and resignation has permeated the Senate Republican Conference. Many lawmakers are openly frustrated, and refusing to defend the comments and actions of their own standard-bearer, the man they’ve endorsed for president.

Trump’s insinuation that President Barack Obama may be sympathetic to Islamic State terrorists was the final straw for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

continued..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Hill Republicans despondent over Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 06:43:37 pm »
The GOP is dead

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 06:47:43 pm »
It doesn't appear that Trump is going to let up with the conspiracies or the controversies.   He's incapable of not lashing out.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 08:02:28 pm »
Wow.  This is a surprise.  Who knew Hill Republicans like the status quo more than the truth.    :whistle:

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:02:49 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 08:15:54 pm »
It doesn't appear that Trump is going to let up with the conspiracies or the controversies.   He's incapable of not lashing out.

We may be about to elect our first floridly psychotic president.
Former Republican.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 08:17:54 pm »

Time to turn despondency into action, and block Trump's nomination based on fitness for duty.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:18:11 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 08:18:26 pm »

So, when did you receive your MD in Psychology? 

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 08:25:19 pm »
Quote from: Right_in_Virginia
So, when did you receive you MD in Psychology?
People don't generally receive a doctor of medicine degree in psychology.  Usually, it goes, BA/BS,  sometimes an MA (or, rarely, an MS), and then a Ph.D. in psychology.  I received my BA in 1981,  began a Ph.D. immediately thereafter, dropped out, and eventually completed a related Masters.

But you don't need a Ph.D. in psychology to tell that someone is so obviously psychotic.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:33:52 pm by sitetest »
Former Republican.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 10:24:05 pm »
People don't generally receive a doctor of medicine degree in psychology.  Usually, it goes, BA/BS,  sometimes an MA (or, rarely, an MS), and then a Ph.D. in psychology.  I received my BA in 1981,  began a Ph.D. immediately thereafter, dropped out, and eventually completed a related Masters.

But you don't need a Ph.D. in psychology to tell that someone is so obviously psychotic.

You're right.  It's an MD in Psychiatry.

But my question remains, asked differently, are you qualified to diagnosis anyone?  Or are you stating an opinion based on what you've read in the "MSM"?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 11:22:30 pm »
McConnell’s No. 2, Majority Whip John Cornyn of Texas, declared he is done talking about Trump until after the election — nearly five months away.

“Wish me luck,” he said.

I wish I had that kind of will power.

Meanwhile, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.), who is also on the ballot in November, simply responded that he hadn’t seen Trump’s speech.

“I’ll go read,” Burr said as he ducked into an elevator at the Capitol.

lol

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 11:30:42 pm »
You're right.  It's an MD in Psychiatry.

But my question remains, asked differently, are you qualified to diagnosis anyone?  Or are you stating an opinion based on what you've read in the "MSM"?

Oh it's pretty clear from the words that come out of the horses mouth. 

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 11:48:49 pm »
Oh it's pretty clear from the words that come out of the horses mouth.

...and his supporters ain't looking so stable these days either.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 12:02:36 am »

@sitetest @Right_in_Virginia @Oceander

I'm not a mental-health professional, but I have a bit of knowledge.  I'd like to hear the opinion of @Quix, @Victoria33, and @austingirl, but as a layman, I'd say he's not psychotic.  But I believe he very strongly exhibits Axis II Cluster B characteristics, specifically narcissistic personality disorder, and perhaps antisocial personality disorder.  The more I hear from him, the more I learn of him, the more I'm convinced he would fall within the latter diagnostic criteria as well as NPD.

Strongly pathological and malignant, yes.  Psychotic, no.  But again, I'm a layman.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 12:23:22 am »

I'm not a mental-health professional, but I have a bit of knowledge.  I'd like to hear the opinion of @Quix, @Victoria33, and @austingirl, but as a layman, I'd say he's not psychotic.  But I believe he very strongly exhibits Axis II Cluster B characteristics, specifically narcissistic personality disorder, and perhaps antisocial personality disorder.  The more I hear from him, the more I learn of him, the more I'm convinced he would fall within the latter diagnostic criteria as well as NPD.

Strongly pathological and malignant, yes.  Psychotic, no.  But again, I'm a layman.

Thanks for clarifying.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 12:32:14 am »

I do not believe that Trump is psychotic. He is classic Axis II with a malignant narcissism. He cannot leave himself out of anything he says. It is even more troubling because we have a very dangerous narcissist as pResident currently. We don't need another. Trump has some overlapping characteristics of the other Cluster B diagnoses, histrionic (eye rolling and mugging during the debates,) borderline in his relationships, and also some antisocial in his shady business dealings.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 12:34:34 am »

What's your diagnosis for Hillary?  Cruz?

Surely, you've given them the same degree of  thought.

Thanks.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 01:42:35 am »
Hitlery has antisocial personality disorder as evidenced by her life-long compulsion to lie, from her shady tactics at the Watergate hearings, to acting as bagman for the Rose Law Firm, White Water, cattle futures, the WH travel office firings, stealing items from the WH, the Clinton Crime Foundation, Benghazi, secret email server, to influence peddling. She believes she is above the law. Oh yes, her bimbo eruption tactics and enabling the woman-abusing husband-in-name only, Slick Willie. She has no conscience.

Everyone has a personality with many traits; some people have negative personality traits that do not rise to the level of a disorder. Cruz does not have a personality disorder. He is highly intelligent. I have seen him being a little tone-deaf when being interviewed during the primary process when he persisted in making his point when a more astute politician would have taken the cue and moved on. He is a little dorky at times, but has a really good sense of humor. I believe he is an honest, honorable man who has been maligned and smeared during this primary season, but you already knew that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 01:50:49 am »
Time to turn despondency into action, and block Trump's nomination based on fitness for duty.

Absolutely.  It's not too late.  It's like we're on the Titanic and we see the iceberg.  And we choose to run into it.

I see nothing to lose in blocking Trump's nomination.  He'd be secretly relieved. (I think).  Who knows with Trump but it would be easier on his ego than the thumping he will get if we nominate him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 01:52:37 am »

Close enough.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 01:53:06 am »
Hitlery has antisocial personality disorder as evidenced by her life-long compulsion to lie, from her shady tactics at the Watergate hearings, to acting as bagman for the Rose Law Firm, White Water, cattle futures, the WH travel office firings, stealing items from the WH, the Clinton Crime Foundation, Benghazi, secret email server, to influence peddling. She believes she is above the law. Oh yes, her bimbo eruption tactics and enabling the woman-abusing husband-in-name only, Slick Willie. She has no conscience.

Everyone has a personality with many traits; some people have negative personality traits that do not rise to the level of a disorder. Cruz does not have a personality disorder. He is highly intelligent. I have seen him being a little tone-deaf when being interviewed during the primary process when he persisted in making his point when a more astute politician would have taken the cue and moved on. He is a little dorky at times, but has a really good sense of humor. I believe he is an honest, honorable man who has been maligned and smeared during this primary season, but you already knew that.

Nobody's perfect but Ted Cruz is as close as we'll ever get.  It's sad that we had a chance to have him and chose the bombastic blowhard.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 01:58:14 am »
Nobody's perfect but Ted Cruz is as close as we'll ever get.  It's sad that we had a chance to have him and chose the bombastic blowhard.

Cruz will have a long and distinguished career. He deserves it.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 02:26:01 am »
How many time have we heard this very same tune??

:beer:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 01:05:45 pm »
So, when did you receive your MD in Psychology?

Even a Holiday Inn Express customer can tell that Trump is clinically insane.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 01:26:22 pm »
Even a Holiday Inn Express customer can tell that Trump is clinically insane.

Agreed, which makes the devotion of his cultists all the scarier.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.