Author Topic: In Trump, pro-gay rights Republicans see a new hope  (Read 1877 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In Trump, pro-gay rights Republicans see a new hope
« on: June 15, 2016, 01:25:24 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-gay-rights-224343

In Trump, pro-gay rights Republicans see a new hope

His response to the Orlando mass-killing and statements regarding the LGBT community has social moderates hopeful of making changes to the party platform.

By Kyle Cheney

06/15/16 05:34 AM EDT

Republican gay rights advocates, long sidelined by the party’s socially conservative core, suddenly see an opening to move the GOP away from its hardline opposition to same-sex marriage. And they think Donald Trump is the candidate to help them do it.

Trump buoyed Republican LGBT activists with his defense of the gay community in the wake of Sunday’s mass murder at a gay nightclub. “Ask yourself, who is really the friend of women and the LGBT community. Donald Trump with his actions, or Hillary Clinton with her words?” he said Monday, in a speech condemning the Orlando attack, which left 49 club-goers dead at the hands of a man who pledged allegiance to the Islamic State and other terrorist groups. Trump followed it up with a tweet Tuesday in which he thanked LGBT Americans and said: “I will fight for you.”

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: In Trump, pro-gay rights Republicans see a new hope
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 02:41:30 pm »
Serious mistake on Donald Trumps part.  What happened in Orlando was a tragedy but it doesn't warrant Trump promising to take on the gay cause.  We are all targets of Radical Islam.  This time it was a gay club but Christians are being beheaded by ISIS.  There is no group which are not Radical Islam's target.  It is time that we are America.  Not divided by what sex you decide to have, the color of your skin or the religion you follow.  Worth mentioning also is that they called some guy who was apparently targeting a gay pride parade Christian.  The gay community is anti-Christian.  Anyone that thinks Trumps Muslim ban is good also should think about whether Christianity is the next one to be banned. 

I will agree that we should provide Muslims, Christians, and all other religions who are forced to become refugees because of ISIS a Safe Zone in their country rather than bringing them here.  But to talk about banning people because of religion.  Stupid and not Constitutional.  And it is time Christians remind people of our rights.  Our rights to not be a target by the gay community.  If you doubt it go to Trumps twitter.  He now thinks he is the gay candidate but they are telling him where to put it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 02:51:37 pm »
Serious mistake on Donald Trumps part.  What happened in Orlando was a tragedy but it doesn't warrant Trump promising to take on the gay cause. 

He has been supportive of the homosexual agenda for a very long time

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 04:13:23 pm »
Has he walked back his position that marriage is a matter to be regulated by the several states?

Is this still his position?

Trump Vows To Overturn Obergefell, Says Haters Can Trust Him On “Shocking” SCOTUS Ruling [VIDEO]

http://www.joemygod.com/2016/02/18/trump-vows-to-overturn-obergefell-says-haters-can-trust-him-on-shocking-scotus-ruling-video/

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:16:30 pm by don-o »

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 04:17:38 pm »
Has he walked back his position that marriage is a matter to be regulated by the several states?

Is this still his position?

Trump Vows To Overturn Obergefell, Says Haters Can Trust Him On “Shocking” SCOTUS Ruling [VIDEO]

http://www.joemygod.com/2016/02/18/trump-vows-to-overturn-obergefell-says-haters-can-trust-him-on-shocking-scotus-ruling-video/

Its more than 3 hours old, so, in the words of the late Ron Zeigler, the statement is "inoperative."
Former Republican.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 04:27:41 pm »
.../  And it is time Christians remind people of our rights.  Our rights to not be a target by the gay community. .../ 

It's just a really tough moment in history to use the words "not to be a target by the gay community".  When the word "target" is used, people think bullets,
decapitation, death.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 05:07:52 am »

It's just a really tough moment in history to use the words "not to be a target by the gay community".  When the word "target" is used, people think bullets,
decapitation, death.

Your problem not mine.  I call it targeted when a Christian Bakery business receives death threats for refusing to bake a cake for a lesbian couple.  Later they are driven out of business and sued.  Then the state goes in and clears their bank accounts.  That is denying life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  What do you call death threats?

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2013/gay-persecution-of-christians-the-latest-evidence

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/oregon-seizes-bank-accounts-christian-baker-who-refused-gay-wed-cake

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HAPPY2BME

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 05:25:53 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNabdDx_mU

So?  Laura Bush doesn't speak for everyone.  I have always supported Civil Unions that allow the same rights under the law as legal married couples.  The error is to think that the definition of marriage can be changed it can't.  I believe that the push to redefine the definition of marriage has nothing to do with rights.  What it is about is condemnation of God and His Word.  It is about discrimination of Christians rights to believe that God is real and true.  That God had a plan for family.  That His Word and his Covenant between Man, Woman and God. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 12:10:33 pm »
Your problem not mine.

No, you have that exactly backwards. 

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 12:21:32 pm »
Trump buoyed Republican LGBT activists with his defense of the gay community in the wake of Sunday’s mass murder at a gay nightclub. “Ask yourself, who is really the friend of women and the LGBT community. Donald Trump with his actions, or Hillary Clinton with her words?” he said Monday, in a speech condemning the Orlando attack, which left 49 club-goers dead at the hands of a man who pledged allegiance to the Islamic State and other terrorist groups. Trump followed it up with a tweet Tuesday in which he thanked LGBT Americans and said: “I will fight for you.”

What "actions" as Trump taken, other than spouting just words?  Maybe one of his acolytes should remind him that tweets are just words as well, and tweeting is an action that is the same as speaking. 

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 12:22:55 pm »
Look, smart-asses, when you're exploiting a tragedy today, you haven't got time to worry about what you said yesterday, or what you're going to say tomorrow.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 01:55:45 am »
No, you have that exactly backwards.

I don't have anything backwards.  You suggested that using the word "targeted" was bad.  Well I don't know what ruining the lives of a young couple because they didn't want to bake a cake for lesbians is except targeting.  These people were sued and the state took their bank accounts.  Over a cake.   I call that target.  People are targets if they don't fall in line with PC.  And its gone beyond PC.  Now its gay government to enforce that everyone caters to homosexuals or else.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 02:09:18 am »

decapitation, death.

Well, the Gaystapo is not very much different than the moohamadeans. Or progressives for that matter.. one has to goosestep with them or be targeted for destruction. .. or trump.

Think Chick Filet.

Death.. that is not living, I know some Bakers who cannot make a living.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 02:10:50 am »
I don't have anything backwards.  You suggested that using the word "targeted" was bad.  Well I don't know what ruining the lives of a young couple because they didn't want to bake a cake for lesbians is except targeting.  These people were sued and the state took their bank accounts.  Over a cake.   I call that target.  People are targets if they don't fall in line with PC.  And its gone beyond PC.  Now its gay government to enforce that everyone caters to homosexuals or else.

:beer:  Right.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 02:17:55 am »

:beer:  Right.

Right!   :thumbsup:

And here is the next government to take away free speech.  Next thing you know we will be jailed for saying there is no such thing as gay marriage.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  · Jun 14 

Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs.

The new gay candidate.  Donald Trump. 

Offline Fantom

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 02:23:45 am »
Let me first start by stating that I am not a Trump supporter, but I tend to side with him on this issue.  To allow people to continue to migrate into this country from regions with known terrorists is just plain lunacy.  You and I agree on one point and that is to create a Safe Zone in the country from where refugees are fleeing.  That is not a perfect scenario but a feasible one.  Trump has stated that he wants to suspend immigration from those countries of known terrorists until we figure out what to do.  Perfectly logical.  We now have several incidents of attacks by radicalized Islamists.  Isis is rampant.  Terrorists are immigrating under the guise of refugees. Radical Islamists, ISIS, etc., have stated that they want to kill us.  Why should we continue to make it easy for them to target us? The threat of another terrorist attack on U.S. soil is eminent.  To that point, we need to implement new immigration laws that encompass these threats.  Obviously the policies that we have in place aren't working and until new policies can be made and implemented it only makes sense to suspend immigration from those areas of know terrorists.  I personally think we should suspend ALL immigration into this country until we can come up with new immigration policies and procedures.  We have to do something. What we've been doing isn't working.  Europe has allowed tens of thousand of refugees from areas with know terrorists and it is an absolute mess.  We would be wise to learn from their mistakes.

All that is well and good, in fact it is one place I s'port Scam Wowo in this.

But that is not the argument made in this thread.

It is not muslims out.. it is Homosexuals as normal.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 02:43:49 am »
Libertybell - For some reason I am not able to use the quote to your post.  It was a good post and believe me I sympathize.  However taking this from your signature: I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.   I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.
I have to ask if you believe that?  I don't like Islam.  In the Middle East Radical Islam is the norm because they are actually following the Koran.  So you are right and you are wrong at the same time.  The refuge situation is incredibly stupid.  All of those young men claiming refugee status.  Baloney!!!!!!!  Those people shouldn't be refugees they should  be fighting to take their own country back.  Removing all of the people who claim to not be ISIS is literally giving the entire ME over to Radical Islam.  A person would have to be stupid to think that all those young men without wives are fleeing Islam.  And we know it isn't true because we can see what has happened in Germany, Sweden, France and throughout Europe.  But to say we cannot have any Muslims immigrating to America is not right.  To create a Religious test is to trash the Constitution.  It opens the door to any and all religious tests.  We can't do that.  So I do support using Homeland security to make sure Radical messages are not being spoken at the Mosque.  We have to approach this Constitutionally.

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 02:45:07 am »

Agreed, my comment is a little off topic.  Muslim/Islam Sharia law does not approve of homosexuality and sees it as a vile form of fornication, punishable by death.  That is what Trump seems to be missing here. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 02:57:46 am »

I was thinking that too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 03:25:27 am »
Libertybell - For some reason I am not able to use the quote to your post.  It was a good post and believe me I sympathize.  However taking this from your signature: I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.   I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.
I have to ask if you believe that?  I don't like Islam.  In the Middle East Radical Islam is the norm because they are actually following the Koran.  So you are right and you are wrong at the same time.  The refuge situation is incredibly stupid.  All of those young men claiming refugee status.  Baloney!!!!!!!  Those people shouldn't be refugees they should  be fighting to take their own country back.  Removing all of the people who claim to not be ISIS is literally giving the entire ME over to Radical Islam.  A person would have to be stupid to think that all those young men without wives are fleeing Islam.  And we know it isn't true because we can see what has happened in Germany, Sweden, France and throughout Europe.  But to say we cannot have any Muslims immigrating to America is not right.  To create a Religious test is to trash the Constitution.  It opens the door to any and all religious tests.  We can't do that.  So I do support using Homeland security to make sure Radical messages are not being spoken at the Mosque.  We have to approach this Constitutionally.

In answer to your question yes, I believe in my signature line.  You are saying that we have to approach this Constitutionally.  I don't claim to be a Constitutional scholar by any means, but first of all, I don't see this as not allowing a 'religion' into this country but not allowing people from a select region that have known terrorists in this country. Clearly, the first Amendment to the Constitution states that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.  That amendment and the Constitution applies to its citizens.  Further, establishment of religion means that a state or the federal government cannot set up a church nor can they make beliefs of a particular religion the law of the land.  It has nothing to do with allowing or not allowing a religion into this country.  The government cannot force its citizens to practice a particular religion or stop practicing a particular religion; hence the term separation of church and state.

If the Constitution states that we have to allow people into this country, please advise me as I am not aware that it does.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 03:29:13 am »
Agreed, my comment is a little off topic.  Muslim/Islam Sharia law does not approve of homosexuality and sees it as a vile form of fornication, punishable by death.  That is what Trump seems to be missing here.

Sharia law says all infidels need to die.  However the media wants to make this a hate crime.  If its a hate crime it isn't gays its Americans that were the target.  The shooter didn't mention one thing about homosexuality in his social media posts.  He claimed allegiance to ISIS, Al Qaeda.  He said he was killing Americans because he wanted them to quit bombing his country.

And yes they punish everything by death. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/investigation-into-orlando-shooting-continues-no-impending-charges-expected/2016/06/15/c3eccf5e-3333-11e6-8758-d58e76e11b12_story.html

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 03:36:04 am »
All I will add to this conversation is this:  we have people here in the country right now who are using our rights and liberties (along with our ignorance and stupidity) to attack US citizens in the most horrific ways possible.  While you debate the Constitution, they are here using your rights to plot ways to murder more civilians the next time.

Like it or not, you are seeing the bleeding face of Mainstream Islam as it is taught in the majority of the Islamic world.  Islam and its followers are stuck in the year 700 and refuse to leave.  They tolerate no other culture than their own, and homosexuals are just the latest target.  There is no telling what the next soft target will be, and there are many out there to choose from.

Remember this: the gunman fired over 250 rounds using 30 round magazines.  He reloaded multiple times, in the dark, amid the screams and confusion, and kept on firing.  If one person in that club had a concealed handgun on them they could have explosively evacuated that muzzie's cranial cavity and stopped the slaughter.

Instead, the club was a politically correct and well known no-gun zone.  This is likely a primary reason why the shooter chose that club.  There are plenty of gay Americans who understand clearly what just went down and are as outraged at the Dhimmie response as all of you are.

Argue all you want but many different groups are going to come together and elect Donald Trump.

:smokin:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 03:55:52 am »

Truly. Trump does miss the point.

Jesus.. moderated Leviticus. No longer do we .."Cast Stone" upon a sinner. But neither , under Christ, do we applaud the sin.

A free people, free in faith as well, should not be forced to .. bake a cake.

One can go to Wal Mart and get one.

The Idea of a Free People.. is Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness...... in that order.

One only has claim upon anthers Liberty, at the stake of their life. Medical service, food, lodging...fuel. Things life is predicated upon. Otherwise, one can "discriminate"....Liberty, as one so chooses.

Particularly as this choice becomes closer to a Mom and Pop vrs Wal Mart.

This level of freedom... I think trump misses the point... I think.. maybe big misses, maybe big huge buetiful door misses... but it will be great.

Frederick Douglass

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 04:05:53 am »
All I will add to this conversation is this:  we have people here in the country right now who are using our rights and liberties (along with our ignorance and stupidity) to attack US citizens in the most horrific ways possible.  While you debate the Constitution, they are here using your rights to plot ways to murder more civilians the next time.

Like it or not, you are seeing the bleeding face of Mainstream Islam as it is taught in the majority of the Islamic world.  Islam and its followers are stuck in the year 700 and refuse to leave.  They tolerate no other culture than their own, and homosexuals are just the latest target.  There is no telling what the next soft target will be, and there are many out there to choose from.

Remember this: the gunman fired over 250 rounds using 30 round magazines.  He reloaded multiple times, in the dark, amid the screams and confusion, and kept on firing.  If one person in that club had a concealed handgun on them they could have explosively evacuated that muzzie's cranial cavity and stopped the slaughter.

Instead, the club was a politically correct and well known no-gun zone.  This is likely a primary reason why the shooter chose that club.  There are plenty of gay Americans who understand clearly what just went down and are as outraged at the Dhimmie response as all of you are.

Argue all you want but many different groups are going to come together and elect Donald Trump.

:smokin:

I'm not so sure that they are using the Constitution against us rather they are using our  'political correctness' against us.  We are allowing political correctness to govern us rather than the Constitution, i.e., it is politically correct to allow refugees into this country, but nowhere in the Constitution does it say that we have to let anyone or any particular religion into this country, nor does the Constitution state that we can't ban people or ban a particular religion from coming into this country. Suspending immigration into this country has been done before, but today, suspending immigration into this country is seen as not politically correct and there are those that are saying that it is not Constitutional.

I'm still not a Trump supporter, but on this issue he is correct.  Trump's already won the majority; whether or not he becomes the nominee and whether or not he wins against Clinton remains to be seen.  In my humble opinion, I don't think so.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:08:40 am by libertybele »