Author Topic: Clinton Has 12-Point Edge Over Trump in Latest Bloomberg National Poll: First National Survey After Orlando Massacre  (Read 3990 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BLOOMBERG

URL: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-14/bloomberg-politics-national-poll-june-2016

by: John McCormick

EXCERPT ONLY, CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Democrat Hillary Clinton has opened up a double-digit lead nationally over Republican Donald Trump, whose negatives remain unusually high for a presidential candidate amid early indications that the Orlando terrorist attack has had little direct impact on the 2016 race.

A new Bloomberg Politics national poll shows Clinton leading Trump 49 percent to 37 percent among likely voters in November's election, with 55 percent of those polled saying they could never vote for the real-estate developer and TV personality.

Most national polls in late May and early June showed a closer race, but they were taken before criticism intensified of Trump's charge that a U.S. judge overseeing fraud cases against Trump University is biased because of the judge’s Mexican heritage. Fifty-five percent of likely voters in the new poll said they were very bothered by those comments.

“Clinton has a number of advantages in this poll, in addition to her lead,” said pollster J. Ann Selzer, who oversaw the survey. “Her supporters are more enthusiastic than Trump’s and more voters overall see her becoming a more appealing candidate than say that for Trump.”

One bit of positive news for Trump in the results is that he narrowly edges out Clinton, 45 percent to 41 percent, when those surveyed were asked which candidate they would have more confidence in if a similar attack to the one in Florida took place a year from now. The violence left 49 victims dead, the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

Fifty percent to 45 percent, Trump is also viewed as stronger among likely voters in combating terrorist threats at home and abroad.

The Bloomberg poll is the first major telephone survey since the mass shooting, heightened furor over Trump's statements about the judge, and Clinton’s June primary victories in California and other states that cemented her status as the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Offline thatcher

Removed link to duplicate post.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:46:09 pm by thatcher »

Offline SirLinksALot

For those who want to know the questions and  methodology of this survey, click this link:

http://assets.bwbx.io/documents/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/rHnwvRAkeirY/v0

Offline sinkspur

55 percent of those polled saying they could never vote for the real-estate developer and TV personality.

That's the ballgame, folks.

Oh, and a 12 point advantage puts the House majority at risk.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

55% are #NeverTrump
43% are #NeverHillary

63 percent of women say they could NEVER support Trump
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:57:35 pm by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

Offline sinkspur

Net favorable ratings:

January 2015
GOP -17
Dems - 7

Now:
GOP -30
Dems -1

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
55 percent of those polled saying they could never vote for the real-estate developer and TV personality.

That's the ballgame, folks.

Oh, and a 12 point advantage puts the House majority at risk.

It's the House majority that people are taking for granted.  Clinton gets in with a DEM Senate and House it is ballgame over and we won't have a country in 4 years. Also,the Orlando response poll is troubling.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

55% are #NeverTrump
43% are #NeverHillary

63 percent of women say they could NEVER support Trump

Don't say we didn't warn them what supporting a reprobate meant......

A disaster is coming in November, no matter what happens.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Don't say we didn't warn them what supporting a reprobate meant......

A disaster is coming in November, no matter what happens.

Exactly...and here I was anxious a few months ago to be getting rid of the liberal in charge.  It really makes no difference we'll be replacing a liberal with another liberal and even worse we will more than likely lose the Senate and a possibility of losing the House.   I was really hoping that we'd have something really to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  Somehow I just don't see that my favorite meal of the year is going to be all that appetizing.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

Exactly...and here I was anxious a few months ago to be getting rid of the liberal in charge.  It really makes no difference we'll be replacing a liberal with another liberal and even worse we will more than likely lose the Senate and a possibility of losing the House.   I was really hoping that we'd have something really to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  Somehow I just don't see that my favorite meal of the year is going to be all that appetizing.

I don't even want to think about how we're going to feel......

Maybe the Lord will come again before then, and we'll all be taken up into Heaven, and rescued from this disaster....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

I'm not surprised, and it is hard to come from this deficit. Granted a lot can happen from here until now.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

It's the House majority that people are taking for granted.  Clinton gets in with a DEM Senate and House it is ballgame over and we won't have a country in 4 years. Also,the Orlando response poll is troubling.

I think the house is safe, I'm voting down ticket and not voting Trump..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I think the house is safe, I'm voting down ticket and not voting Trump..

Ditto for me. If t-Rump needs my vote in Alabama he has already lost. Sessions will never get my vote again.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline kevindavis007

Ditto for me. If t-Rump needs my vote in Alabama he has already lost. Sessions will never get my vote again.

Every time a Clinton runs a idiot Billionaire seems to run. Seriously, I thought we have learned our lesson with Ross Perot..

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Sessions endorsement of Trump really has me puzzled.  The only logical explanation is he was either promised the VP slot or his pockets were lined very well.  Either way, to me he's lost a lot of credibility.

Offline thatcher

Will his ego be able to handle the drubbing he'll get if the trend continues?  Maybe he'll want to protect his brand and feign some sort of excuse so he can bow out before the convention.  I can dream...

Offline kevindavis007

Will his ego be able to handle the drubbing he'll get if the trend continues?  Maybe he'll want to protect his brand and feign some sort of excuse so he can bow out before the convention.  I can dream...

Trump only cares about Trump..

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Sessions endorsement of Trump really has me puzzled.  The only logical explanation is he was either promised the VP slot or his pockets were lined very well.  Either way, to me he's lost a lot of credibility.

Trump appealed to Sessions' ego by pretending to embrace Jeff's positions on crime and immigration. Sessions has fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:32:56 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline thatcher

Trump only cares about Trump..

Yes, you're right.  He'll stay in until the bitter end, go down in flames and treat it like just another one of his bankruptcies -- rising like a phoenix out of the ash heap he's made of the GOP.

Offline cato potatoe

So now he's at his lowest level of support since August, and dropping like a rock.  This convention is going to be very interesting.

Offline thatcher

Yes, Donald it's always all about you --

From his rally tonight:

Trump: "I think I've made polling a very important thing. 'Cause I never used to hear about polls."

Offline thatcher

Wasn't this supposed to be his firewall?  FTA:

Even among Trump’s strongest group, white men, his lead is a relatively modest 50/33. Romney won that demographic 62/35.

Offline ScottinVA

We had a brief chance to stop Hillary's coronation, but the idea of nominating an unelectable loudmouth just had too much appeal.  Note this survey includes two days of sampling after the terror attack in Orlando.  What America seems to prefer is disarmament and surrender.  I guess their "strategy" is appeasement, with the hope they'll be beheaded last.

Offline ScottinVA

Wasn't this supposed to be his firewall?  FTA:

Even among Trump’s strongest group, white men, his lead is a relatively modest 50/33. Romney won that demographic 62/35.

We are truly screwed.