Author Topic: Shopping with Muslims at HEB  (Read 2495 times)

Offline M1078

Shopping with Muslims at HEB
« on: June 13, 2016, 02:47:51 pm »
Just got this email this morning.  I would to prefer to shop somewhere other than HEB for a multitude of reasons but they've pretty much run all the National chains out of town except WalMart and Target and I refuse to buy groceries from a department store (although HEB Plus is turning in to one). 

Subject: Shopping at HEB can be a cultural experience in San Antonio

I talked with a friend of mine from San Antonio today.  She was telling me about her daughter's encounter with one of our new refugees last week.  The daughter is in her 30's. 

Betty went to the HEB at IH 10 in Colonies North.  When she walked in the place was full of the refugees and all the women were in scarves or full burkas.  She put her cart away and was leaving.  A man in a pajama looking suit backed into her, turned around and started screaming at her in another language.  Kafir, kafir, kafir, and kept screaming.  Betty started yelling back.  A woman came up in full burka with only her eyes showing and a beautiful British accent and told the daughter that he was a  holy imam and that Betty was impure and he would become tainted by only being touched by her.

So Betty had enough and was going to leave and the imam blocked the doors and started shoving her.  HEB security came and called the police.  The police told Betty that they are getting a lot of these calls now.  They come to the shopping center about 4 times a week.  They just moved in a big group of Syrian refugees in January and they are getting into it with the locals.

So it seems that the Datapoint area is the new muslimville in San Antonio . Welcome to America
Former FR macnjac

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Shopping with Muslims at HEB
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:18:43 am »
I just saw my first halal chicken today in the HEB that I shop at regularly.  Felt like rubbing bacon on it. 

But, I don't see how crazy imams are HEB's fault?

Offline M1078

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 12:50:07 am »
I just saw my first halal chicken today in the HEB that I shop at regularly.  Felt like rubbing bacon on it. 

But, I don't see how crazy imams are HEB's fault?

I like your style.

Not their fault about the crazy imams (and they did send security over) I just don't like being forced to shop at 1 store because they have a monopoly on the city.  I shop at Home Depot until they make me made then switch to Lowe's until they do then go back to HD.  I like options.  Albertson's did the same thing in Boise.  When your corporate headquarters is in a city you tend to own it.
Former FR macnjac

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 12:53:19 am »
I like your style.

Not their fault about the crazy imams (and they did send security over) I just don't like being forced to shop at 1 store because they have a monopoly on the city.  I shop at Home Depot until they make me made then switch to Lowe's until they do then go back to HD.  I like options.  Albertson's did the same thing in Boise.  When your corporate headquarters is in a city you tend to own it.

That's true, you are much closer to HEB Ground Zero.  Which may be an unfortunate phrase in relation to imams and islam.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 01:35:16 am »
Muzzies over running HEB, Indians with their whole families take over WalMarts, and Mexicans come up from Mexico and trash Kohls on tax free days. So much for Texas independence.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy