Author Topic: Trump's VP Choices: Newt Gingrich, Jeff Sessions, Condi Rice?  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Henry Noel

Re: Trump's VP Choices: Newt Gingrich, Jeff Sessions, Condi Rice?
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 07:23:32 pm »
The problem is that there is no arbiter or gatekeeper for those definitions.  People call themselves "conservatives" all the time in response to surveys.  But how accurate is that, really?  The unpleasant truth is that each of us has our own good-faith definition of what constitutes a "conservative" or "constitutional conservative" and those definitions rarely match up.

I think the majority of people calling themselves conservatives have one or more conservative viewpoints to which they cling. With everything else, they're all over the map.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 01:12:40 am »
Even though Kasich stated that he wasn't interested in being VP, I still think he's Trumps last hope in having a shot at beating Hillary. Trump needs OH and FL. Kasich is the one candidate that Trump really didn't attack, so I still see him as a possibility. I don't think Gingrich or Sessions is interested and Condi retried a long time ago. We will probably know in about a month; my hunch he will wait till the Convention.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 01:29:08 am »
Even though Kasich stated that he wasn't interested in being VP, I still think he's Trumps last hope in having a shot at beating Hillary. Trump needs OH and FL. Kasich is the one candidate that Trump really didn't attack, so I still see him as a possibility. I don't think Gingrich or Sessions is interested and Condi retried a long time ago. We will probably know in about a month; my hunch he will wait till the Convention.

Kasich doesn't want the job either.  Story from last Thursday...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/kasich-hard-say-if-he-will-ever-endorse-donald-trump-n588861

Kasich also reaffirmed that there's still no chance he would serve as Trump's running-mate, telling host Bill Hemmer in the interview, "Never! Not even a consideration. We're too different."