Author Topic: Mass shooting and hostage taking at Orlando gay nightclub appears to be Islamic terrorism  (Read 54928 times)

Offline mountaineer

U.S. Army officer among the dead.
Army officer among 49 killed during Orlando nightclub attack
Byron Dobson, Tallahassee Democrat 12:19 a.m. EDT June 14, 2016

Word spread rapidly from Florida A&M University President Elmira Mangum to friends on social media around the country Monday when it was learned Antonio Davon Brown was among the 49 people killed Sunday morning during a massacre inside an Orlando nightclub.

Brown, a native of Cocoa Beach, graduated from FAMU in 2008 with a degree in criminal justice. He also earned a commission as a second lieutenant, having completed Army ROTC studies at FAMU.   ...
More at Army Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
A Glimpse Into the Horror in Orlando from View of Victim (short video taken by one of victims).

Don't want anything like that on my mental 'hard drive'....garbage in-garbage out, sort of thing.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Never heard of this guy - may be a kook site. Having issued that warning:
5 Reasons To Question The Official Story Of The Orlando Shooting
Brandon Turbeville
Activist Post
June 12, 2016

As more and more evidence emerges regarding the mass shooting in an Orlando gay club that resulted in the death of at least 52 people and many more injured, signs are increasingly pointing toward the possibility of a false flag operation.

Already, a number of points lend credence to those who might suggest that intelligence agencies more so than desert-dwelling terrorist organizations are responsible for organizing and directing the attacks. A number of questionable aspects regarding this shooting include:

1.) The FBI knew about the shooter and investigated him prior to the attack.
2.) The shooter had a connection to a known ISIS recruiter.
3.) The shooter’s father was a former “Afghan presidential candidate” who supported the Taliban.
4.) The FBI’s history in creating terrorism.   ...

Conclusion

While the right-wing media blames Muslims and the left-wing media blame guns, perhaps it would be more effective if thinking individuals would examine the possibilities that this attack was a false flag incident designed to push an agenda that would benefit those in power in some way or other. Out of this attack we will no doubt see another push for the evisceration of the Second Amendment and other civil liberties as well as increased hype regarding ISIS as a threat to the American way of life and a greater attempt at justification for foreign adventures.

While the information presented above may not be enough evidence to prove in the court of law that the Orlando attack was a false flag attack, it is reason enough to question the official story thus far. If this attack is indeed placed in the lap of ISIS, however, all fingers should immediately point to NATO and the Atlanticist Intelligence apparatus. It is they who control ISIS and they who bear the responsibility for its actions. If the attack is attributed to a lone jihadist nut the FBI has some serious explaining to do since it appears that the agency itself is the greatest initiator of terrorist activity inside American borders and is either the most incompetent anti-terror fighter in the U.S. or it is complicit in the attacks that take place.
Entire article at Brandon Turbeville website

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Though I don't go along with it, I don't blame those who are suspicious, conspiracy-bent or even paranoid from time to time.

But I don't think the powers to be would throw this whole situation back at the gay community which is what is happening as we find out more about Mateen, quite possibly, a tortured individual.

Offline mountaineer

What if Mateen Wasn't Targeting Gay People at all?
The Federalist
EXCERPT
...  But what if Mateen didn’t specifically target a gay nightclub? What if the choice of the club and the victims were incidental to the killer’s intent? What if Mateen simply hated America, loved ISIS, considered himself an Islamist, and wanted to kill as many infidels as possible?

Why else would Mateen have scouted out other locations like Walt Disney World? Could it be that this, too, is a place where large numbers of people gather and where Mateen could have launched a surprise attack against unsuspecting civilians? Mateen’s wife, Noor Sahi Salman, reportedly told People that recently he had been “scouting Downtown Disney and Pulse [nightclub] for attacks.” Downtown Disney, reports People, doesn’t have a security and bag check at the entrance, unlike the other four Disney World theme parks.

If Mateen’s specific purpose had been to target not just Americans, but gay Americans, why did he never mention this in his 911 call? According to multiple law enforcement sources, Mateen called 911 about 30 minutes after launching his attack and pledged allegiance to ISIS and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

But that’s not all he said. Mateen claimed he was doing this in solidarity with Boston marathon bombers Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, and Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha, the first U.S. citizen to carry out a suicide attack in Syria. He also said he was protesting “the U.S. bombing in Syria and Iraq and the killing of women and children.”

No mention of carrying out an Islamic punishment for homosexuality, no mention of gay or lesbian Americans, no mention of his victims at all.  ...

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Never heard of this guy - may be a kook site. Having issued that warning:Entire article at Brandon Turbeville website
Based on the rhetoric coming out of the pie holes of the talking heads on the left after this attack, I wouldn't be surprised.

The cadre of leftist scum we have in Sacramento wasted practically no time after the San Bernardino terror attack to get about a half dozen new anti-gun laws in the pipeline.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87

Orlando shooter killed by police in hail of gunfire as he was trying to escape through hole

Naples Daily News

On Monday, Orlando Police Chief John Mina and other law enforcement officers offered new details about the shooting, including the possibility that some victims may have been killed by officers trying to save them.

"I will say this, that's all part of the investigation," Mina said. "But I will say when our SWAT officers, about eight or nine officers, opened fire, the backdrop was a concrete wall and they were being fired upon."

A law enforcement source close to the investigation who asked not to be named because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly said a crowd of up to 300 people and the complex layout of the dance club may have resulted in some patrons being struck by gunfire from officers.

snip

An off-duty Orlando police officer working at the club was investigating an underage drinker outside when he heard gunshots inside, according to the law enforcement source. The off-duty officer ran inside the club and traded gunfire with Mateen, backed up soon by three other Orlando police officers, the source said.

Together, the officers fired at Mateen, who retreated into a bathroom toward the rear of the club.

"Those additional officers made entry while the suspect was shooting," Mina said. "They forced him to stop shooting and retreat to the bathroom where we believe he had several hostages."

snip

A SWAT team summoned by Orlando Police set up three explosive charges controlled by one device, but failed to topple the exterior wall leading to the bathroom that included 15 to 20 people. So Mina made the call to use the Bearcat.

Officers wore combat-grade body armor and helmets as they rammed a bathroom wall of the Pulse nightclub, creating a small hole — big enough for people to crawl through — so the score of captives could escape.

Along with the freed hostages who were hopping out of the jagged portal to freedom was Mateen who was wielding an AR-15 rifle and semi-automatic Glock handgun he bought days earlier from a Port St. Lucie gun shop. He fired at officers, striking one of them in his helmet before he was shot several times and killed.

"There's a hole in the wall about two feet off the ground and three feet wide. We were able to rescue dozens and dozens of people who came out of that wall," Mina said. "The suspect came out of that hole himself with a handgun and a long gun and engaged in a gun battle with officers where he was ultimately killed."

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/orlando-shooter-killed-by-police-in-hail-of-gunfire-as-he-was-trying-to-escape-through-hole-rescuers-382673091.html

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline Idiot

Orlando shooter killed by police in hail of gunfire as he was trying to escape through hole

Naples Daily News

On Monday, Orlando Police Chief John Mina and other law enforcement officers offered new details about the shooting, including the possibility that some victims may have been killed by officers trying to save them.

"I will say this, that's all part of the investigation," Mina said. "But I will say when our SWAT officers, about eight or nine officers, opened fire, the backdrop was a concrete wall and they were being fired upon."

A law enforcement source close to the investigation who asked not to be named because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly said a crowd of up to 300 people and the complex layout of the dance club may have resulted in some patrons being struck by gunfire from officers.

snip

An off-duty Orlando police officer working at the club was investigating an underage drinker outside when he heard gunshots inside, according to the law enforcement source. The off-duty officer ran inside the club and traded gunfire with Mateen, backed up soon by three other Orlando police officers, the source said.

Together, the officers fired at Mateen, who retreated into a bathroom toward the rear of the club.

"Those additional officers made entry while the suspect was shooting," Mina said. "They forced him to stop shooting and retreat to the bathroom where we believe he had several hostages."

snip

A SWAT team summoned by Orlando Police set up three explosive charges controlled by one device, but failed to topple the exterior wall leading to the bathroom that included 15 to 20 people. So Mina made the call to use the Bearcat.

Officers wore combat-grade body armor and helmets as they rammed a bathroom wall of the Pulse nightclub, creating a small hole — big enough for people to crawl through — so the score of captives could escape.

Along with the freed hostages who were hopping out of the jagged portal to freedom was Mateen who was wielding an AR-15 rifle and semi-automatic Glock handgun he bought days earlier from a Port St. Lucie gun shop. He fired at officers, striking one of them in his helmet before he was shot several times and killed.

"There's a hole in the wall about two feet off the ground and three feet wide. We were able to rescue dozens and dozens of people who came out of that wall," Mina said. "The suspect came out of that hole himself with a handgun and a long gun and engaged in a gun battle with officers where he was ultimately killed."

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/orlando-shooter-killed-by-police-in-hail-of-gunfire-as-he-was-trying-to-escape-through-hole-rescuers-382673091.html

I can't even begin to imagine the terror those people must have endured.

Prayers to the families............

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/14/orlando-gunman-made-multiple-visits-to-nightclub-attacked-reports-say.html

Wife of nightclub shooter knew of deadly plans, source says
Published June 14, 2016 FoxNews.com

The wife of the Orlando nightclub shooter knew of her husband's deadly plans and did nothing to stop him, a federal law enforcement source confirmed to Fox News.

FBI agents have interviewed Omar Mateen's wife, Noor Salman, in the days since Sunday's massacre that killed 49 and wounded 53 more.

Now FoxNews.com has learned from an FBI source that federal prosecutors have convened a grand jury against Salman, seeking to charge her as an accessory to 49 counts of murder and 53 counts of attempted murder as well as with failure to notify law enforcement about the pending terrorist attack and lying to federal agents

continue
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

I said yesterday the wife might be the one they were charging as an accomplice

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

You know, it would be courteous if you pinged me with an @sinkspur when you mention me by name. 

So, to you, "social conservatives" hate gays.

You must have a stupendously big inferiority complex.

Go find a post I made where I mentioned you by name and did not quote your quote. I doubt if I ever mentioned you by name anyway.

Once again, you are attacking the wrong poster.  This is getting truly tiring, all of your ranting and raving.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

I think, in this case, there was some (obviously) friction with the father;  I heard at one point, the father referred to him as gay in front of his wife.  Sometimes, fathers and mothers and sons and daughters don't get along very well.

Wingnut

I think, in this case, there was some (obviously) friction with the father;  I heard at one point, the father referred to him as gay in front of his wife.  Sometimes, fathers and mothers and sons and daughters don't get along very well.

Don't they have that little "Honor killing" deal in their back pocket to deal with such things in their culture? 

Offline RoosGirl

Don't they have that little "Honor killing" deal in their back pocket to deal with such things in their culture?

Yeah, I'm always confused about how that works though.  I think in this case it would mean killing the wife since she's the female witness to what happened. :shrug:

Offline TomSea

Whenever I hear of "honor killing", it seems it is women who always get killed. Does it pertain to men ever? I do not know.

geronl

http://www.24media.info/2016/06/orlando-shooting-fake-heres/

Some idiot says this shooting was all fake.

Alex Jones really has some influence on nutcases.

Offline mountaineer

Yes, I'm seeing stuff like that on Facebook. The contrails crowd is convinced it's a "false flag" operation.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

http://www.24media.info/2016/06/orlando-shooting-fake-heres/

Each fringe group has their own Trump it seems.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:03:40 pm by Wingnut »

Offline TomSea

NY Daily News reports (and the Pastor is a Hispanic in Sacramento):

California pastor rejoices in massacre at Orlando gay club: ‘The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die’

“The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die,” Pastor Roger Jimenez told his Sacramento church Sunday morning, just hours after 49 people were killed in Orlando. “I’m kind of upset he didn’t finish the job — because these people are predators.”

From the pulpit at Verity Baptist Church, Jimenez claimed all homosexuals are pedophiles as he heartlessly rejoiced in the carnage.

"Are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today? Um, no. I think that’s great. I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Fla., is a little safer tonight,” he barked, according to a video of the heartless sermon. “It is unnatural for a man to be attracted to another man.”

In front of a room full of believers, Jimenez repeated his condemnation of homosexuality — and called for the executions of all gay people.

"I wish the government would round them all up, put them up against a firing wall, put the firing squad in front of them and blow their brains out," he scoffed.

Despite his repeated insistence that gay people should be killed, the bloviating pastor swore he wasn’t advocating violence. He encouraged his followers to celebrate — but not cause — harm to the community.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/california-pastor-celebrates-massacre-orlando-gay-club-article-1.2673335

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: CBS NEWS

URL: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-mass-shooting-poll-trump-obama-clinton-reaction/

by:  Anthony Salvanto, Fred Backus, Sarah Dutton and Jennifer De Pinto

EXCERPT ONLY, CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

A majority of Americans view the mass shooting over the weekend in Orlando, Florida as both an act of terrorism and a hate crime. They are divided over whether U.S. intelligence agencies could have prevented it, a CBS News poll out Wednesday morning shows.

According to the survey, Americans give the President net positive ratings on his response to the Orlando attack. More than half disapprove (51 percent) of presidential candidate Donald Trump's response and are split in their opinions in how Hillary Clinton has handled the situation.

Most Americans (57 percent) describe the shooting over the weekend at a nightclub in Orlando as both an act of terrorism and a hate crime against gays and lesbians. 14 percent think it was mostly a terror act, while 25 percent think it was mostly a hate crime.

The suspect in the shooting, Omar Mateen, had been previously interviewed by the FBI regarding possible connections to terrorism. The public is split on whether U.S. intelligence agencies had information could have prevented the Orlando attack: 42 percent say yes, while 42 percent say no. Views are not much different than they were in a similar question asked after the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013.

President Obama gets net positive ratings for his response to the shooting in Orlando. 44 percent approve, while 34 percent disapprove. About a quarter don't have an opinion.

When asked to assess the responses of the presumptive nominees for President, Americans are divided on Hillary Clinton's response to the attack, while ratings of Trump are more negative. 51 percent of Americans disapprove of the way Trump is responding to the Orlando attack, while just 25 percent approve.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

Offline LMAO

When I see polls like this, I'm curious if they disapprove  of Trump's response or if it's just an extension of their disapproval of Trump himself.

How many of those who responded actually heard what Trump said or the president for that matter?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Apparently Trump is now taking the position that those on the no-fly list should not be allowed to buy guns - same position as Hitlery and Zero. What about due process?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

NY Daily News reports (and the Pastor is a Hispanic in Sacramento):

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/california-pastor-celebrates-massacre-orlando-gay-club-article-1.2673335
How long before Obozo gets on television and lectures all of us again?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.