Author Topic: Mass shooting and hostage taking at Orlando gay nightclub appears to be Islamic terrorism  (Read 54948 times)

Offline sinkspur

What are you possibly saying?

A poster said that a moratorium on Muslim refugees might be something to think about but he considered it unlikely that the administration would do anything.

I stated that one should not depend upon the administration but to get Congress involved IF this was proven to be Islam/ISIS-inspired.

What agenda do you have that would think this is a 'ridiculous knee-jerk reaction' to get Congress involved rather than to depend upon Obama?

Mateen was not a refugee.  What point would there be in passing a law halting the flow of refugees, except as a lashing-out against Muslims?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

A pity someone didn't have a ridiculous knee jerk reaction long ago and keep this out of the country.
So, how long has the murderer been here without assimilating?

He's been here all his life.  He was born in New York.

Offline WAC

The director for the Center on American Progress is tweeting up a storm blaming this on the NRA and lack of gun control laws.

You can bet Ol Hillary will have her team of twitters and facebook junkies pushing for gun control...I'm seeing it pop up pretty often now.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
A pity someone didn't have a ridiculous knee jerk reaction long ago and keep this out of the country.
So, how long has the murderer been here without assimilating?

Although it is considered a foreign country by many, it appears the shooter was born in New York.
Former Republican.

Offline SuperSyn

• Me on Twitter
The director for the Center on American Progress is tweeting up a storm blaming this on the NRA and lack of gun control laws.

Of course. Can't blame a radical Islamist democrat, that's not allowed under the rules of engagement for social justice warriors.
The US constitution does not give rights, it limits government so we may freely exercise our rights.

Oceander

A poster said that a moratorium on Muslim refugees might be something to think about but he considered it unlikely that the administration would do anything.

I stated that one should not depend upon the administration but to get Congress involved IF this was proven to be Islam/ISIS-inspired.

What agenda do you have that would think this is a 'ridiculous knee-jerk reaction' to get Congress involved rather than to depend upon Obama?

I believe the reference to knee-jerk was to getting an immediate law blocking Muslim refugees (or migrants generally) because this guy was not a migrant, he was American born and bred.  Hometown terrorist, if you will. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Sinkspur doesn't want anything to happen that would give credence to a certain political candidate.   His sole purpose here for the last 9 months has been to ....well....you know what I mean.   

That said, it appears he was a natural born citizen.   However, ISIS publicly warned 3 days ago that they were going to attack in Florida.

Can't have it both ways, @sinkspur .
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

You can bet Ol Hillary will have her team of twitters and facebook junkies pushing for gun control...I'm seeing it pop up pretty often now.

For some reason, Hillary decided to tweet her response in Spanish. I'm not kidding.

Translated- I woke up with the devastating news FL. While we await more information, my thoughts are with those affected by this horrible act

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
However, ISIS publicly warned 3 days ago that they were going to attack in Florida.

Wow, is that true?

Offline DCPatriot

I believe the reference to knee-jerk was to getting an immediate law blocking Muslim refugees (or migrants generally) because this guy was not a migrant, he was American born and bred.  Hometown terrorist, if you will.

Well...it shouldn't be difficult to trace the origins for his hate.   You won't find any Tea Party people involved.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Offline WAC

He's been here all his life.  He was born in New York.

As long as there's Mosques, the Koran and Islam are  being promoted and supported in this country there will be attacks.  They do not come here to assimulate and no longer expected to....the Gov. agenda now is that they 'integrate'.....which is a distinction because that is having their communities 'along side ours' and we are to accept this as the new norm. 

Oceander

This is a particularly inappropriate event for liberals to hang the gun control hat on because this terrorist could just as easily have used a bomb - last I knew, it was not unheard of for terrorists to bomb night clubs - the issue front and square is terrorism and the cultures that breed, foster, and accommodate, terrorism (that would include the liberal culture, which passively promotes the growth of the terrorist mindset through tolerance and neglect).

Offline ABX

Wow, is that true?

Yes and no. They were referring to the big kill list that was released so it covers most of the country. Each local news agency though ran it about local people on the list so it was taken as such.

ISIS 'kill list' targets Palm Beach, Treasure Coast residents: Ex-FBI agent
By Kathleen Walter Wednesday, June 8th 2016

http://news3lv.com/news/nation-world/isis-kill-list-targets-palm-beach-treasure-coast-residents-ex-fbi-agent

Offline DCPatriot

Where did ISIS do that?

Why don't you stick to the subject, DC, instead of slamming me.  Are you already on the sauce?

Sorry, Sink.   

But, I am sticking to the subject.

You are obviously conflicted over this.  It's understandable.

Oceander

Well...it shouldn't be difficult to trace the origins for his hate.   You won't find any Tea Party people involved.

Duh, captain obvious. 

Offline DCPatriot

This is a particularly inappropriate event for liberals to hang the gun control hat on because this terrorist could just as easily have used a bomb - last I knew, it was not unheard of for terrorists to bomb night clubs - the issue front and square is terrorism and the cultures that breed, foster, and accommodate, terrorism (that would include the liberal culture, which passively promotes the growth of the terrorist mindset through tolerance and neglect).

:patriot:

Offline bilo

One of the things Trump has been correct about is immigration. We should suspend all immigration from Muslim countries. The shooter was born in the USA, but I don't believe the mosques in the USA would be so radicalized if it weren't for the inflow of radical muslims and dollars from Saudia Arabia.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline ABX

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/isis-announced-florida-attack-three-days-ago/

top left of page on DRUDGE

See post above. I'm not saying they aren't responsible, but GP is twisting that story a bit. ISIS released a big kill list of about 30K people around the country. Many local news agencies ran stories on locals threatened. GP is twisting that particular story to say it is a direct threat related to this when it was actually just part of a blanket threat across the US written for a local audience. (and it wasn't even an Orlando story).

I'm sure it was ISIS related or inspired, but that is more of a statement on GP's turning into buzzfeed with how it treats stories.

Offline sinkspur

As long as there's Mosques, the Koran and Islam are  being promoted and supported in this country there will be attacks.  They do not come here to assimulate and no longer expected to....the Gov. agenda now is that they 'integrate'.....which is a distinction because that is having their communities 'along side ours' and we are to accept this as the new norm.

That's a stereotype. I work with three Muslims who are observing Ramadan and who will no doubt be horrified by this.  And they know they'll be looked at sideways for a while even though they would never agree with something like this.

Maybe the guy was just anti-gay.   That sentiment is not limited to Muslims.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bars, virtually any kind of bar and especially crowded ones, have always struck me as vulnerable to something like this, even with bouncers and security. Maybe this is even a tiny bit like when restaurants get shot up in the cartel wars in Mexico.

Yes, 50+ is being listed now.

Offline DCPatriot

Duh, captain obvious.

To you and me...of course.

To the Obama Administration?

Not so obvious.

Offline sinkspur

Sorry, Sink.   

But, I am sticking to the subject.

You are obviously conflicted over this.  It's understandable.

Not conflicted at all.  Just trying to stick to facts.

Offline DCPatriot

See post above. I'm not saying they aren't responsible, but GP is twisting that story a bit. ISIS released a big kill list of about 30K people around the country. Many local news agencies ran stories on locals threatened. GP is twisting that particular story to say it is a direct threat related to this when it was actually just part of a blanket threat across the US written for a local audience. (and it wasn't even an Orlando story).

I'm sure it was ISIS related or inspired, but that is more of a statement on GP's turning into buzzfeed with how it treats stories.

Well...it IS Ramadan.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall of his mosque this past week...what was being preached.

Oceander

One of the things Trump has been correct about is immigration. We should suspend all immigration from Muslim countries. The shooter was born in the USA, but I don't believe the mosques in the USA would be so radicalized if it weren't for the inflow of radical muslims and dollars from Saudia Arabia.

How do you know where he got radicalized?  Are you going to shut down all internet access too, because that's almost certainly where he got it from, not from some local imam. 

Trump couldn't do a damned thing about it (not that he would really want to, seeing how he was so gung-ho for De Blasio and the other NYC enablers back in 2013 when De Blasio was elected).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 03:02:10 pm by Oceander »