Author Topic: Mass shooting and hostage taking at Orlando gay nightclub appears to be Islamic terrorism  (Read 54958 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
They were all hoping he was.

Instead we find that he was a registered Democrat and voted.

Have just heard reports that he was NOT a citizen.

I know somebody who's going to have a lot to say about this.    :smokin:

Disclaimer- We MAY have found his voter registration. That came from FR so you know how quick they are to jump on possible fake images or assume the same name it is the same person. That image even shows whatever was searched hit 3 results so we don't know what the others say.

Online Lando Lincoln

Bingo.  You have one group (Radical Islamists) that the Preezy will not mention by name that just went after the current preferred celebrity minority (LGBTQ) that he can't stop talking about while forcing more special rights for them down everyone else's throat. 

Remember, inside every "Moderate Muslim" is a Radical Muslim fighting to get out.

:smokin:

Chief, this is a better forum when you are in it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Now reporting changes from 20 ..........'50 dead 50 Injured'..............

Yep....just as I suspected. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

...and demands to institute a temporary moratorium on Muslim refugees. But that would require the administration to muster the courage, or even the inclination, to protect America and Americans of every demographic.

Why would you wish to depend upon the adminstration?

Why doesn't Speaker Ryan get a law passed in the House, Mitch in the Senate, and dare Obama to veto it?  The GOP could use the bully pulpit for once.

This can be done in very short order, and the Dems will be very hesitant to be considered pro-Islam if this is the case.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

Why doesn't Speaker Ryan get a law passed in the House, Mitch in the Senate, and dare Obama to veto it?  The GOP could use the bully pulpit for once.

This can be done in very short order, and the Dems will be very hesitant to be considered pro-Islam if this is the case.

I like it!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline WAC

Enlarged photo of shooter....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Now reporting changes from 20 ..........'50 dead 50 Injured'..............

That's going to be significant if so. I don't doubt it.  **nononono*

Offline goatprairie

I just visited DummyUnderground. It's hysterical how many Dummies tie themselves into ideological knots to try and show that some "right-wing, Christian nut" was probably responsible for the slaughter. Some are even blaming Trump.
  But there are  a number of relatively sane Dummies who are calling out the dumb as a box of rocks Dummies for their failure to acknowledge Islamic terrorism.  Especially terrorism targeting homosexuals.
It's  incredible how many of these people just refuse to accept the fact of Islamic radicalism.

Offline sinkspur

Mafteen was not a refugee.  That would be a ridiculous knee-jerk reaction.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WAC

Mateen’s Parents Are From Afghanistan & He Was Married in 2009

Both of Mateen’s parents are originally from Afghanistan, according to CBS News.

Mateen was born in New York, NBC News reports.

He was married in 2009, public records show. It is not clear if he was still married at the time of the attack.

Mateen is a registered Democrat who has also lived in Fort Pierce, Florida, according to online records.

Offline Labette

• Show us on this doll where Trump made it hurt.
The media, pundits, and politicos will be breathlessly telling us how to think. 

So much devastation for lives, for families... and we will be told over and over how to think.  I loathe that.

Maybe 10 minutes ago, MSNBC was going on about how the murderer was enraged in days past by the sight of two men kissing.
I'm guessing the propaganda ploy will be geared toward "gay hate".   

Offline WAC

That's going to be significant if so. I don't doubt it.  **nononono*

Yes it rose to 50 dead....reported by Police Spokesan news conference a short while ago.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Worse terrorist attack since 911 they were saying on Fox; so, I guess, it is barely worse than Fort Hood per body-count.

Do you mean the Fort Hood incident, whereby the terrorist WAS a US Citizen ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

Maybe 10 minutes ago, MSNBC was going on about how the murderer was enraged in days past by the sight of two men kissing.
I'm guessing the propaganda ploy will be geared toward "gay hate".

I'm guessing that's not propaganda.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Get ready for a full-scale assault on your 2a rights.

Offline ABX

It is Orwellian how some liberals are looking at this.

Online DCPatriot

Yes it rose to 50 dead....reported by Police Spokesan news conference a short while ago.

It appears the surrounding hospitals were woefully inadequate to handle that many shooting victims.

How else does a number of dead go from 20 (bodies at scene?) to 50?   Plus, now, 54 wounded?

They probably bled out before they could be helped.   

Damned shame.   **nononono*

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
Disclaimer- We MAY have found his voter registration. That came from FR so you know how quick they are to jump on possible fake images or assume the same name it is the same person. That image even shows whatever was searched hit 3 results so we don't know what the others say.

Really good point.  Material from tos is automatically to be judged as likely false or faked until proven otherwise.
Former Republican.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
. @tombrokaw just called for the banning of a gun that does not exist!

https://twitter.com/benfergusonshow/status/741997910334668804

Offline RetBobbyMI

Why would they do that?  The GOP (or rather the Alt Dem Party) would never fight against its brother.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline sinkspur

It is already illegal in Florida for a gun to be carried in any establishment accommodating more than 50 people where alcohol is served.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What are you possibly saying?

A poster said that a moratorium on Muslim refugees might be something to think about but he considered it unlikely that the administration would do anything.

I stated that one should not depend upon the administration but to get Congress involved IF this was proven to be Islam/ISIS-inspired.

What agenda do you have that would think this is a 'ridiculous knee-jerk reaction' to get Congress involved rather than to depend upon Obama?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline ABX

Get ready for a full-scale assault on your 2a rights.

The director for the Center on American Progress is tweeting up a storm blaming this on the NRA and lack of gun control laws.

Offline Labette

• Show us on this doll where Trump made it hurt.

A pity someone didn't have a ridiculous knee jerk reaction long ago and keep this out of the country.
So, how long has the murderer been here without assimilating? 

Offline WAC

There was an 'Armed officer in the club' during club shooting and responded but could not stop the shooter...I wonder if he was the officer shot. It's likely.