Author Topic: Mass shooting and hostage taking at Orlando gay nightclub appears to be Islamic terrorism  (Read 54975 times)

Offline WAC

Offline sinkspur

This thread has NOTHING to do with Trump...please keep it that way!

I wasn't the first one to mention him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

Please - let's stick to the subject and not drag the presidential race into this thread.

Believe me, I am a loathe to bring politics in, but surely in a presidential election year terrorism is an important issue and relatable to the presidential race.

But, not to disturb the flow, that's as much as I'll say on the subject...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
What struck me when I saw this at something like 3 AM this morning was the BBC was about the only place, they still are, saying "gay bar" but at the same time, I think NY Times, WaPo and the BBC are not saying at least for now, that it is Islamic violence. Maybe early on, that is proper reporting.

My condolences to the victims.

It sounds like they are saying this shooter was born in 1986 to Afghan parents; maybe they are American citizens but that seems to be his background nonetheless.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
This thread has NOTHING to do with Trump...please keep it that way!

It is another poster who introduced stumpy by way of a paraphrase of gingrich.
Former Republican.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Party registration was posted on FR-- of course, being from FR, take this with a grain of salt. I can't guarantee they fact checked it or validated it is the same person.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Early reports.

Man is "not a US citizen". Has a history of making terror threats. Is Muslim.

Gee...why did the MSM claim out of the gate that he was a "citizen"?   In order to use the term "Domestic Terrorism"?   For gun grabbing?

Or...does that fact it happened on American soil qualify as "domestic terrorism"?

Therefore, September 11th, 2001 was "domestic terrorism", too.   Right?   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Fox reporting that the police waited 3 hours before rescuing hostages. Possible Islamic terrorism investigation by FBI.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

Seddique or its equivalents, Siddiqui, etc.; that must be a last name like Smith in commonality in that part of the world. At least around Pakistan where Afghanistan is.

Offline ABX

Gee...why did the MSM claim out of the gate that he was a "citizen"?   In order to use the term "Domestic Terrorism"?   For gun grabbing?

Or...does that fact it happened on American soil qualify as "domestic terrorism"?

Therefore, September 11th, 2001 was "domestic terrorism", too.   Right?   :whistle:

Sounds like a fog of war issue. A lot of early reports are mixed. If the voter registration is legit (came from FR so who knows), then he was a citizen unless Florida allows non-citizens to vote. Well, it was a Democrat registration so who knows.

Online DCPatriot

Sounds like a fog of war issue. A lot of early reports are mixed. If the voter registration is legit (came from FR so who knows), then he was a citizen unless Florida allows non-citizens to vote. Well, it was a Democrat registration so who knows.

A registered Democrat?   I'd LOL...but this isn't at all funny.

Furthermore...I'll bet anybody that the death toll is close to double the number reported.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

Worse terrorist attack since 911 they were saying on Fox; so, I guess, it is barely worse than Fort Hood per body-count.

Online DCPatriot

"fog of war"......more like media tripping over themselves to break the story.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Media really pulling out all the stops to erase the fact that this was an Islamic terror attack (ISIS warned would happen in Florida just a few days ago: http://shoebat.com/2016/06/09/major-muslim-terrorists-makes-this-declaration-to-all-americans-we-are-coming-after-you-we-will-attack-florida-and-slaughter-americans-there/ ).

Media now only using the term "Domestic Terrorism", "Domestic Terrorist" - no mention of Islam.

Waiting for the chants of the "Ban guns and suicide vests" crowd to chirp in.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Another white male GOP tea partier I take it?

/s

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So how does the Democrat party defend both of its constituencies, the Gays and the Muslims, who are clearly incompatible with each other?

Simple: call it a 'rogue' or something else, like blaming Donald Trump's hate speech that caused the guy to go beserk/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WAC

People took to Facebook to share information on the shooting. Under the Pulse club post they wrote that the attacker had an assault rifle and was barricaded inside with hostages.

Online DCPatriot

Another white male GOP tea partier I take it?

/s

They were all hoping he was.

Instead we find that he was a registered Democrat and voted.

Have just heard reports that he was NOT a citizen.

I know somebody who's going to have a lot to say about this.    :smokin:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
It appears they waited 3 hours before going in. Early reports, so can't say if those reports are accurate.

yah...apparently this guy took a lot of hostages right off the bat.  And this all started at 2 AM local time as well.  From first shot to the end three hours later, considering the circumstances facing them I'd say they did damned well. 

This is a textbook example of why local law enforcement needs moderately heavy tactical equipment like full dressed out SWAT teams, armored cars and heavy semi-automatic firearms.  The shooter had multiple weapons and possibly a suicide vest and/or other explosives.

Let's see what accurate reports emerge by Monday morning, given that almost 100% of the time, early reports of what happened are spectacularly wrong.  San Bernadino did not happen in a vacuum; in fact there was considerable opportunity to stop it beforehand had the idiot helping the perp not done so.  Lets see who knew this shooter and how much law enforcement already knew about him before now.  I doubt he had an instantaneous conversion and came up with this idea spontaneously. 

Perhaps he owns a 7-11 franchise and the trangender bathroom fiasco sent him over the edge...

Offline WAC

Worse terrorist attack since 911 they were saying on Fox; so, I guess, it is barely worse than Fort Hood per body-count.

I read 20 dead and 42 injured........

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
So how does the Democrat party defend both of its constituencies, the Gays and the Muslims, who are clearly incompatible with each other?

Simple: call it a 'rogue' or something else, like blaming Donald Trump's hate speech that caused the guy to go beserk/

Bingo.  You have one group (Radical Islamists) that the Preezy will not mention by name that just went after the current preferred celebrity minority (LGBTQ) that he can't stop talking about while forcing more special rights for them down everyone else's throat. 

Remember, inside every "Moderate Muslim" is a Radical Muslim fighting to get out.

:smokin:

Offline ABX

"fog of war"......more like media tripping over themselves to break the story.

Yea, that's pretty much true. I just used that as the standard phrase for not trusting any story early until it is confirmed.

Online Lando Lincoln

The media, pundits, and politicos will be breathlessly telling us how to think. 

So much devastation for lives, for families... and we will be told over and over how to think.  I loathe that.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline WAC

Now reporting changes from 20 ..........'50 dead 50 Injured'..............