Author Topic: Founder of Judge Curiel’s Group: Whites Should Go Back to Europe, California To Be ‘Hispanic State’  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Founder of Judge Curiel’s Group: Whites Should Go Back to Europe, California To Be ‘Hispanic State’

The lawyers’ association to which Judge Gonzalo Curiel belongs was co-founded by a man who publicly bragged about Hispanics taking over California and all of the state’s governmental institutions–and insisted that whites should go back to Europe. The group, the California La Raza Lawyers Association, has been widely defended as “not pro-Mexican” by mainstream media outlets, though the outlets failed to report the inflammatory statements of the man listed first as a founder, Mario Obledo.

A 2010 Snopes report asserts that the first-listed co-founder of Judge Curiel’s group, Obledo, made the statements. They reported:

Mario Obledo was a co-founder of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) and the La Raza Lawyers of California bar association, and he formerly served as California’s Secretary of Health and Welfare. We don’t know exactly when and where he first made his controversial statement about California’s becoming a “Hispanic state,” but he has confirmed he said it at least twice: during an appearance on Ray Briem’s talk radio show in May or June of 1998, and again on Tom Leykis’ talk radio show:

Obledo: “We’re going to take over all the political institutions of California. In five years the Hispanics are going to be the majority population of this state.”

Caller: “You also made the statement that California is going to become a Hispanic state, and if anyone doesn’t like it, they should leave. Did you say that?”

Obledo: “I did. They ought to go back to Europe.”

The statements were also reported by the New York Times in their 2010 obituary for Obledo. They wrote:

When someone put up a sign at the California border saying, “Illegal Immigration State,” he threatened to burn it down personally.

He ignited an explosive response in 1998 when he said in a radio interview that Hispanics were on the way to taking over all of California’s political institutions. He suggested that people who did not like it go back to Europe.

The Washington Post asserts that Judge Curiel is a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, which is a local affiliate of the La Raza Lawyers Association of California.

The website for the group lists Mario Obledo as one of three co-founders. He is listed first

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/06/09/whites-go-back-europe-california-hispanic-state-said-founder-judge-curiels-group/

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:55:10 am by Mechanicos »
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline RedHead

Offline Mechanicos

Along with Obledo MALDEF was co-founded by radical and racist Peter Tijerina of LULAC

Mario Obledo, MALDEF’s general Counsel, Cruz Reynoso, the Executive Director the California Rural Legal Assistance at that time, and Luis Garcia, a lawyer in private practice in San Francisco, together founded La Raza Lawyers in 1971. The Association found its first home at the MALDEF offices. From there, our founders began to recruit attorneys from San Francisco, the Bay Area, the State of California, and across the nation. Within a few years the La Raza Lawyers Association had become a national organization. Today, the national organization is known as the National Hispanic Bar Association, headquartered in Washington, D. C.

http://larazalawyers.org/about-us/

HAPPY2BME

I declare this web site is more pro-Hillary than Democrat Underground.

Who knew?

Oceander

Who knew?

I declare you to be a little cry-baby.  Who knew?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If Europeans should go back to Europe then it follows that Mexicans, who are as "European" as anyone else, should go back to Spain. Mexicans have no more of a "right" to California than Americans do.

Am I living in some weird alternate reality where it is OK for Spanish nationals to conquer land, but White Europeans are not allowed? Does the fact that Spanish Europeans skin is slightly darker than other European skin give them some kind of 'special license'?

Europeans are Europeans. They were all doing the same stuff and were competing against each other. The only difference between Spanish Europeans and White Europeans, is that the White Europeans were smarter, tougher, and stronger, and kicked the ass of the Spanish. And now they want what they call 'their land' back?

Then why not give the Louisiana Purchase back to France?

This is all distorted history and insanity.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline kevindavis007

Who knew?

Why cause not a lot people here support the your dear leader???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Mechanicos

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
What is so damn frustrating to many of us is that Trump screws up so many of these opportunities.  Had he come out and led with the "La Raza" stuff, the debate we'd be having might be entirely different.  Instead, he came out with the "Mexican" and "Mexican Heritage" stuff, and poisoned the well.

He needs to become more disciplined, and think more before he speaks.  The "I'm not a Politian" excuse can only go so far.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What is so damn frustrating to many of us is that Trump screws up so many of these opportunities.  Had he come out and led with the "La Raza" stuff, the debate we'd be having might be entirely different.  Instead, he came out with the "Mexican" and "Mexican Heritage" stuff, and poisoned the well.

He needs to become more disciplined, and think more before he speaks.  The "I'm not a Politian" excuse can only go so far.

Do you seriously expect him to change?   Every successful business leader I've ever know has shown far better judgement than Trump.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Who knew?

:silly:
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Do you seriously expect him to change?   Every successful business leader I've ever know has shown far better judgement than Trump.

No, I don't.  Not at this point.  I held out some hope we'd have seen the end of the carnival barker routine once he wrapped up the nomination, but unfortunately, it gives every sign of continuing on to the general election.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

during an appearance on Ray Briem’s talk radio show in May or June of 1998, and again on Tom Leykis’ talk radio show:
Obledo: “We’re going to take over all the political institutions of California. In five years the Hispanics are going to be the majority population of this state.”

This is just terribly terribly WRONG!!!

CA Latinos didn't overtake whites until March of 2014.

yawn.

Offline sinkspur

Trump didn't know about the LaRaza connection until he saw something about it on "the shows." 

Trump has the mind of a high school sophomore.  He could likely tell you the names of every Playboy centerfold for all 12 months last year but doesn't know what the nuclear triad is.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:56:03 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Trump didn't know about the LaRaza connection until he saw something about it on "the shows." 

Trump has the mind of a high school sophomore.  He could likely tell you the names of every Playboy centerfold for all 12 months last year but doesn't know what the nuclear triad is.
Trump knew about the La Raza connection because he had paid protection money to it (donations). To mention it by name would get the lying media savaging him as always for that. So this way it comes out slowly without it reflecting bad on him for saying it. They have cover orgs and cover stories well prepared. See the discussions here for example.

It was not the most graceful way of exposing the problem, but it is scoring political points with people who do not like La Raza and what it has done = which would include blacks, whites, Patriotic American Hispanics, etc. Pretty Much anybody who reacted negatively to the violence in San Jose.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Trump knew about the La Raza connection because he had paid protection money to it (donations). To mention it by name would get the lying media savaging him as always for that. So this way it comes out slowly without it reflecting bad on him for saying it. They have cover orgs and cover stories well prepared. See the discussions here for example.

It was not the most graceful way of exposing the problem, but it is scoring political points with people who do not like La Raza and what it has done = which would include blacks, whites, Patriotic American Hispanics, etc. Pretty Much anybody who reacted negatively to the violence in San Jose.

When did Trump tell you that?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:53:43 pm by mystery-ak »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It was not the most graceful way of exposing the problem, but it is scoring political points with people who do not like La Raza . . .

It is scoring points with the alt-right cockroaches who comprise a portion of Trump's support.   

Why, Mechanicos, do you conclude that Judge Curiel is a "racist", not on the basis of anything he's said, written or ruled, but merely because of his membership in a fraternal/professional organization?    Am I, too, a racist because I belong to the Republican party now that it's been hijacked by alt-right cockroaches?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Trump's comments about that judge drove the violence in San Jose right off the front pages.  And from now on, rioters are going to point to the comments he made about that judge as part of their justification, and the press will push that "they're upset at him attacking that judge" card as hard as they can.

Many times, Trump is his own worst enemy.  And many of us who keep pointing that our aren't #NeverTrumpers hoping to see Hillary win, but rather people who want to support the guy if he'd just stop saying stupid shite.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump is masterful!  Next week he's going to masterfully call Mexicans mongrels.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
No, I don't.  Not at this point.  I held out some hope we'd have seen the end of the carnival barker routine once he wrapped up the nomination, but unfortunately, it gives every sign of continuing on to the general election.
L.A. news station last night was joking about the general and that the back and forth between Trump and Clinton would be nothing but "yo mama" routines...

Sadly, I'm beginning to believe this to be more and more true...

Jeez, what a major fustercluck this guy's campaign is...many outside of CA and the Southwest have no freakin' idea what La Raza and MeCHA are and represent...educate folks and then go on the attack.

It's so damned simple a cave man could do it.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Mechanicos

When did Trump tell you that?
He did not have to Luis, I have a good mind. I can read the evidence I see on IRC, TOS etc and observe how he thinks.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:54:26 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline Mechanicos

Trump's comments about that judge drove the violence in San Jose right off the front pages.  And from now on, rioters are going to point to the comments he made about that judge as part of their justification, and the press will push that "they're upset at him attacking that judge" card as hard as they can.

Many times, Trump is his own worst enemy.  And many of us who keep pointing that our aren't #NeverTrumpers hoping to see Hillary win, but rather people who want to support the guy if he'd just stop saying stupid shite.
Of course they will. This will play into growing support for Trump. The same group above will be revolted at it and grow. The media has very little effect anymore as its distrusted by most people. Trump can do more with a Twitter account then the MSM can do with their entire system and may even reach more people. Same for pretty much every Group on the Judges side now calling Trump a racist. They are the people most Americans do not like or trust and want to see punished for what they have done to America. Americans are angry at the race card use, not the alleged racist conduct.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3373086/posts?page=3410#3410

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:15:02 pm by Half Vast Conspiracy »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

That is a hilarious thread on FR.  The only thing missing was the follow-up.  "How are they supposed to know that Trump doesn't know the answer to a question before even asking it?"