Author Topic: Snoop Dogg is right  (Read 331 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Snoop Dogg is right
« on: June 02, 2016, 05:47:36 pm »
Snoop Dogg is Right
Cal Thomas
June 2, 2016
Jewish World Review

My musical tastes do not include rap and hip-hop, but when Snoop Dogg comments on the "Roots" remake, saying he is tired of movies about slavery and would prefer a series "about the success that black folks are having," he is singing my song.

The original "Roots" drew a phenomenal 130 million viewers when it aired on ABC in 1977. The remake, now playing on The History Channel, will probably draw far fewer viewers, just because it is on cable and most are familiar with the storyline. The filmmakers apparently are targeting a younger generation.

While there is no question that slavery has left an indelible mark on the descendants of slaves and the nation (former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has called it America's "birth defect"), continuing to dwell on the subject does nothing to improve a single black life.

Snoop's point is that seeing more stories about African-Americans who are successful would inspire more minorities to overcome the difficult circumstances in which many find themselves. He is correct.

Read more at http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/thomas060216.php3#OCeXEmCAsVJWKBdA.99

I'm sure if we all looked back in our history far enough we could find some oppressed ancestors. Sadly slavery, oppression, genocide, and martyrdom has been the way of the world since Adam ate of the forbidden fruit.

Specifically how has holywood missed the opportunity to make movies about Bass Reeves:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/04/24/lessons-in-manliness-from-bass-reeves/
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour