Author Topic: 'Dirty Brigades': US-Trained Iraqi Forces Investigated for War Crimes - Observers Fear 'Dirty Brigade' Atrocities After ISIS Fight in Fallujah  (Read 436 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

'Dirty Brigades': US-Trained Iraqi Forces Investigated for War Crimes
Observers Fear 'Dirty Brigade' Atrocities After ISIS Fight in Fallujah

As the Iraqi military digs in against ISIS in the battle for Fallujah, American human rights advocates and Iraqi activists are voicing alarm about the potential for more sectarian atrocities from some Iraqi forces and their militia allies in the event of victory – a possible continuation of captives being tortured and executed with impunity, often on camera.

Over the weekend Iraqi officials confirmed that Iraq's controversial Popular Mobilization Forces [PMFs], Shiite-dominated militia groups, are participating in the fight for Fallujah, just west of Baghdad in central Iraq.

Human Rights Watch and the U.S. Departments of State and Defense have reported continued instances of war crimes over the past year in Sunni areas north of Baghdad such as Tikrit — showing that some groups in the military and militias on Baghdad's payroll have not stopped committing abuses since an ABC News investigation revealed widespread atrocities posted on social media 14 months ago.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/observers-fear-dirty-brigade-atrocities-isis-fight-fallujah/story?id=39506548

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They're fighting ISIS - the filthiest of the filthy, and they're worried about the possibility that the Iraqis may mistreat them should they take them prisoner? 

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
War crimes, in legal parlance, can't be committed against a group like ISIL...they're not recognized as a legitimate fighting force in legal terms.

As long as the PMF aren't targeting non-combatants, I don't give a flip...

These traitors in the State Dept. and Defense Dept. who are engaged in some kind of handwringing over the deaths of such vile vermin need to be dispatched to Iraq and Syria post haste and "join the fight".

And for a group like "Human Rights Watch" to worry about them just confirms what I always suspected.  A lib infested organization that takes the side of terrorists every time...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline TomSea

It's more than about ISIS, it's about civilians largely I'd think. The same civilians ISIS is using as human shields, sectarian violence.

According to some, Shia death squads; Malaki, earlier repression helped set the current stage.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:05:05 am by TomSea »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
War crimes, in legal parlance, can't be committed against a group like ISIL...they're not recognized as a legitimate fighting force in legal terms.

As long as the PMF aren't targeting non-combatants, I don't give a flip...

These traitors in the State Dept. and Defense Dept. who are engaged in some kind of handwringing over the deaths of such vile vermin need to be dispatched to Iraq and Syria post haste and "join the fight".

And for a group like "Human Rights Watch" to worry about them just confirms what I always suspected.  A lib infested organization that takes the side of terrorists every time...

And there's your answer.  The Russians used to deal with the Ottomans by impaling them on stakes and leaving them as examples to their comrades, because that was the only thing they understood....and of course that's what the Ottomans did to the Russians as well....

At some point, if you intend to win, you have to be willing to be a bigger sonofabitch than the guy you're fighting.  If not, don't bother.

:patriot:

Offline Suppressed

And there's your answer.   . . .
At some point, if you intend to win, you have to be willing to be a bigger sonofabitch than the guy you're fighting.  If not, don't bother.

@SZonian @Chieftain

Actually, what SZonian points out is that we and other uniformed militaries can still remain lawful while conducting ourselves in a more aggressive manner, as they are outside the Conventions of war.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

A lot of Sunnis fight against ISIS as well, this is about not wanting to alienate folks; as if it couldn't happen more.

We back the Syrian Democratic Forces; I'm sure there are many Sunni Arabs in it.  If you alienate one group like the Sunnis, you might push them into ISIS' corner.