Author Topic: BREAKING: ‘Impressive’ Third-Party Candidate to be Announced  (Read 3164 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: BREAKING: ‘Impressive’ Third-Party Candidate to be Announced
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2016, 03:06:56 pm »
I am thinking Ben Sasse.  He has been outspoken about Trump.  He hasn't caved and he hold an A by Conservative Review.  He is quite impressive!  I like him.

I hope you are right. It would not hurt him politically either, but instead would give him some much needed name recognition for 2020.  He's sharp, conservative, and young.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline r9etb

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 03:25:42 pm »
I'd say it's got to be Romney, would he win, no. Would it prevent Trump from winning? Yes.

Would I vote for him?  Yes.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2016, 03:28:44 pm »
The best course at this point may be to back a retired and respected military leader who can unify conservatives AND others in opposition to Trumpism and Clintonism.    A conservative would be fine,  but far more important is a credible alternative to the current unacceptable choice. 

God no! A million times no!

Don't you see what you are saying? A strongman is OK, s'long as he's our strong man. It's thinking like that that's caused this problem.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 03:32:51 pm »
The best course at this point may be to back a retired and respected military leader who can unify conservatives AND others in opposition to Trumpism and Clintonism.    A conservative would be fine,  but far more important is a credible alternative to the current unacceptable choice. 

I'm thinking about someone like Michael Hayden,  a bulwark in the fight against terrorism and the general who called out Trump for disregarding the Constitution.     

Something like this has been said previously and might work.

I think we are far off from an election like in Italy, where there are a number of parties running but, one can still envision some of election with the Democrats, Republicans, then, the Libertarians and then, one more party vying for the highest office.

Also, per other posts, after Trump's rise, one has to think virtually anything can happen should this Ben Sasse run; I've heard of him but do not know too much about him. I'm sure he's competent.

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2016, 03:44:21 pm »
God no! A million times no!

Don't you see what you are saying? A strongman is OK, s'long as he's our strong man. It's thinking like that that's caused this problem.

Eisenhower wasn't a caudillo.  The tradition of the US military's relationship to civilian power tends to militate against the growth of caudillos.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 03:47:03 pm »
Eisenhower wasn't a caudillo.  The tradition of the US military's relationship to civilian power tends to militate against the growth of caudillos.

True. But Eisenhower wasn't running in 2016, either.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2016, 05:23:00 pm »
If I wouldn't vote for Trump, why on earth would I vote for Romney.

In Romney's defense, he is considerably more Conservative than Trump.  Scary, isn't it?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2016, 05:41:27 pm »
Something like this has been said previously and might work.

I think we are far off from an election like in Italy, where there are a number of parties running but, one can still envision some of election with the Democrats, Republicans, then, the Libertarians and then, one more party vying for the highest office.

Also, per other posts, after Trump's rise, one has to think virtually anything can happen should this Ben Sasse run; I've heard of him but do not know too much about him. I'm sure he's competent.

I think Kristol is probably going to reveal a military candidate.  I see FOX news is on the job issuing Trumps warnings.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/30/trump-slams-spoiler-bid-after-kristol-says-independent-candidate-to-run.html

What they fail to report is that Trump isn't Republican and at this point it doesn't matter.  One liberal or the other.  So there isn't anything to loose.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2016, 06:00:58 pm »
I think Kristol is probably going to reveal a military candidate.  I see FOX news is on the job issuing Trumps warnings.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/30/trump-slams-spoiler-bid-after-kristol-says-independent-candidate-to-run.html

What they fail to report is that Trump isn't Republican and at this point it doesn't matter.  One liberal or the other.  So there isn't anything to loose.

Thanks. Sounds plausible.