Author Topic: BREAKING: ‘Impressive’ Third-Party Candidate to be Announced  (Read 3165 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Earlier this month, The Renegade Party was announced on Twitter, and while not an official new political party, it was an indication that something was in the works to bring a third-party or independent alternative to the two New York liberals in the race, Hillary Clinton, who has a “D” next to her name and Donald Trump, who has an “R” next to his.

Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, a leader in the “Never Trump” movement, which ironically includes many establishment Republicans as well as principled constitutional conservatives who can’t stand Hillary, but who think Trump is also a bridge too far, announced on Twitter Sunday afternoon that an “impressive” independent candidate “with a strong team and a real chance” is going to be named soon....

http://politistick.com/third-party-independent-candidate-to-be-announced/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: BREAKING: ‘Impressive’ Third-Party Candidate to be Announced
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 02:05:59 am »
I'd say it's got to be Romney, would he win, no. Would it prevent Trump from winning? Yes.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 02:09:30 am »
I'd say it's got to be Romney, would he win, no. Would it prevent Trump from winning? Yes.

What if it is something like a Suzanna Martinez/Rick Perry ticket?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 02:10:53 am »

I'd certainly consider that. Could that work? Maybe.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 02:19:01 am »

Perry's in Trump's camp. And Martinez is not going to risk her political future by being a spoiler who can't win. (Although I would consider anyone who stops Trump to be a hero.)
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 02:24:34 am »
I don't see a blockbuster candidate who could actually overcome the other 2 but you never know. Despite defending him, I'm no big fan of Romney, I will defend him and I think he was the much better candidate for the Presidential nomination and probably could have done in fact a good job in DC, if one is interested in a better economy, better employment, etc. Just my view.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 03:03:30 am »

My bet is Romney. Romney will lose again. His Baby BBQ business will still haunt him. As will his lifetime of leftism.

Edit: I have long said here and on FR that he ain't done.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:04:18 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 03:07:51 am »
My bet is Romney. Romney will lose again. His Baby BBQ business will still haunt him. As will his lifetime of leftism.

Edit: I have long said here and on FR that he ain't done.

I hope it isn't Romney. He is certainly not "impressive."
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline politicalwit

• MedRecruiterUSA, LLC
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 03:09:36 am »
Who's to say it would be a republican? Any "sittin' on the fence" democrats?  :shrug:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:10:03 am by politicalwit »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 03:11:30 am »
Who's to say it would be a republican? Any "sittin' on the fence" democrats?  :shrug:

Biden or Gore? Renegades? Not so much. :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 03:36:57 am »
I hope it isn't Romney. He is certainly not "impressive."

Like I say, My bet is Romney. But I will say that if it isn't, it WILL be someone every bit as unacceptable to conservatives. Kristol hates us with an Obamalike passion. The man defines 'moderate'...AKA "Pragmatist".

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 04:09:45 am »
It is like watching a slow painful death, to watch Bill Kristol end his career this way. Going up a against Trump and the Trump movement (a.k.a., the American people) is a no-win game. Obviously he cannot actually 'win', and winning is not his goal. His only goal is to hurt Trump any way he can.

If he wins, Hillary has no great love for him, a large portion of the population will hate him, and he gains nothing.
If he loses, he announces his retirement right after the election. He goes out defeated and in disgrace. And again, he gains nothing.

This defeat is what he will be known for, forever. His personal obsession with Trump is causing him to commit political, career, and legacy, suicide. People are already slowly backing away from him.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:12:38 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 04:20:00 am »

At this juncture I'd go for anything that wasn't a total disgrace to human civilization. Which, of course, leaves Trump out.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 04:33:53 am »
I am thinking Ben Sasse.  He has been outspoken about Trump.  He hasn't caved and he hold an A by Conservative Review.  He is quite impressive!  I like him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 04:43:00 am »
I am thinking Ben Sasse.  He has been outspoken about Trump.  He hasn't caved and he hold an A by Conservative Review.  He is quite impressive!  I like him.

Was he one of the votes for Bhoner, Ryan or Mitch? If not I'll have a look and consider him. If he was, it's just more of the same kick the can.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 04:50:51 am »
If I intended to accept "any candidate who can win", I'd vote for Trump.  That obviously ain't happening.

If I wouldn't vote for Trump, why on earth would I vote for Romney.   Certainly, Romney has more personal integrity than Trump, but that's like saying who'd you prefer to live under, ruled by Saddam and his nutty sons, or ISIS?   Romney, the GOP-e, and etc. are the problem who delivered us all to Trump.

That's not a choice.  It's a call to arms.  Unfortunately, there are damn few of us, not enough following, and few if any viable leaders to take up the flag and run with it.
So, all I can do is be a rabble rouser, a political terrorist, as it were.   If I can piss off more Trumpkins by defeating Trump, that's a good hill to die on.  If I can drive Hillary voters insane, that's ground zero.

My vote is otherwise meaningless in this election.  I intend it to be meaningful.

Back on point:  Ted Cruz is one of the few candidates left that I'd vote for as a third party candidate.  I think Rubio, Jeb Bush, and others lied and supported Trump's "Lyin' Ted" meme, so they're on my sh*t list forever. 

Ain't many here's left, after Trump's rampage, but anyone who is #NeverTrump and conservative, could get my vote.   Walker could be on that ticket.  Jindal, before he went Trump, might have been.

I just looked over the list.  What about some wild combination like Cruz and Rand Paul, or Walker and Paul?  That's the problem.  Unless the Presidential candidate of this supposed 3rd party had electoral success, he wouldn't be viable.   If Cruz paired up with someone like Kasich or Romney, he'd lose all credibility.   Cruz had a VP nominee any how. 

I don't know, a ticket with some GOP-e's with actual conservative track records could might me in.  At this point, I don't have much of a litmus test, other than they're Constitutional.

Maybe Cruz/Bush?
Kasich/Bush?
Kasich/Rubio?
Cruz/Romney?

None of these work.  Maybe if Reagan came back from the dead, he might have a chance.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 04:55:20 am »

Back on point:  Ted Cruz is one of the few candidates left that I'd vote for as a third party candidate.  I think Rubio, Jeb Bush, and others lied and supported Trump's "Lyin' Ted" meme, so they're on my sh*t list forever. 

I said at the beginning of this mess that Cruz's best shot would be to go indy because the Right would sabotage him. Imagine my shock when exactly that happened.

Of course I called for conservatives to leave the party years ago and get their poop together. If they had listened to people like me, and there were many, we'd be electing one come Nov.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 05:14:16 am »
Was he one of the votes for Bhoner, Ryan or Mitch? If not I'll have a look and consider him. If he was, it's just more of the same kick the can.

No, has only been Senator since 2015. 

https://www.conservativereview.com/members/benjamin-sasse/

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/can-washingtons-most-interesting-egghead-save-the-senate/413848/

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 05:20:45 am »
There is already a 3rd party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45x4OpMoow
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 05:21:27 am »
Impressive? Lol.

Reagan's brain in a jar perhaps?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2016, 05:27:15 am »
I said at the beginning of this mess that Cruz's best shot would be to go indy because the Right would sabotage him. Imagine my shock when exactly that happened.

Of course I called for conservatives to leave the party years ago and get their poop together. If they had listened to people like me, and there were many, we'd be electing one come Nov.

I could vote for Cruz.  I like Cruz.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2016, 05:33:59 am »
No, has only been Senator since 2015. 

https://www.conservativereview.com/members/benjamin-sasse/

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/can-washingtons-most-interesting-egghead-save-the-senate/413848/

Well based on those articles he certainly seems several universes above Trump and most of the GOP. I'll keep an open mind/eye for him.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2016, 05:59:06 am »
Well based on those articles he certainly seems several universes above Trump and most of the GOP. I'll keep an open mind/eye for him.

Yes, I think that would be awesome.  He is talking bigger and better too.

Republican Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse penned an open letter late Wednesday explaining why even after Donald Trump secured the nomination, he "https://www.facebook.com/sassefornebraska/posts/593031420862025".
“I’ve ignored my phone most of today, but the voicemail is overflowing with party bosses and politicos telling me that ‘although Trump is terrible,’ we ‘have to’ support him, ‘because the only choice is Trump or Hillary,’” he wrote. “This open letter aims simply to ask WHY is that the only choice?”
“With Clinton and Trump, the fix is in. Heads, they win; tails, you lose,” he continued. “Why are we confined to these two terrible options? This is America. If both choices stink, we reject them and go bigger. That’s what we do.”
Instead, Sasse called on Americans to write in a third option. “Why shouldn’t America draft an honest leader who will focus on 70% solutions for the next four years? You know…an adult? Imagine if we had a candidate who hadn’t spent his/her life in politics either buying politicians or being bought… who didn’t want to stitch together a coalition based on anger but wanted to take a whole nation forward.”
“The oath I took is to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution. In brief, that means I’m for limited government,” he concluded. “And there is no reason to believe that either of these two national frontrunners believe in limiting anything about DC’s power.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-senator-ben-sasse-pens-open-letter-explaining-why-hes-still-nevertrump/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2016, 10:52:12 am »
The best course at this point may be to back a retired and respected military leader who can unify conservatives AND others in opposition to Trumpism and Clintonism.    A conservative would be fine,  but far more important is a credible alternative to the current unacceptable choice. 

I'm thinking about someone like Michael Hayden,  a bulwark in the fight against terrorism and the general who called out Trump for disregarding the Constitution.     
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:58:33 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

geronl

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2016, 02:49:05 pm »
Romney is not "impressive" at all.

I would still be writing in Ted Cruz