Author Topic: Tech Company: We Will Put Up $10 Million For Bernie-Trump Debate  (Read 453 times)

Offline Suppressed

Tech Company: We Will Put Up $10 Million For Bernie-Trump Debate

“We are willing to offer that $10 [million] donation in return for the opportunity to host the debate,” Richie Hecker, an investment firm CEO who urged Michael Bloomberg to run for president, tells BuzzFeed News. [Update at 4:38 p.m.: Shortly after the publication of this report, Trump's campaign released a statement that he would not be participating in a debate with Sanders.]

Originally posted on May 27, 2016, at 2:58 p.m.
Updated on May 27, 2016, at 4:39 p.m.

Read more at https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/tech-company-we-will-put-up-10-million-for-bernie-trump-deba
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Tech Company: We Will Put Up $10 Million For Bernie-Trump Debate
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 12:02:54 pm »
Tech Company: We Will Put Up $10 Million For Bernie-Trump Debate

“We are willing to offer that $10 [million] donation in return for the opportunity to host the debate,” Richie Hecker, an investment firm CEO who urged Michael Bloomberg to run for president, tells BuzzFeed News. [Update at 4:38 p.m.: Shortly after the publication of this report, Trump's campaign released a statement that he would not be participating in a debate with Sanders.]

Originally posted on May 27, 2016, at 2:58 p.m.
Updated on May 27, 2016, at 4:39 p.m.

Read more at https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/tech-company-we-will-put-up-10-million-for-bernie-trump-deba

So the money is there.  Where is Trump?
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 12:13:42 pm »
Any such debate is premature. Sanders is irrelevant until he's the candidate. All of this talk of at DT-BS debate is ridiculous, no matter where it originated.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 12:17:26 pm »
Any such debate is premature. Sanders is irrelevant until he's the candidate. All of this talk of at DT-BS debate is ridiculous, no matter where it originated.

And it was never going to happen in the first place because the net affect would have been detrimental to her thighness and the Clintoon/Soros Crime syndicate would never allow that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 12:24:13 pm »
And it was never going to happen in the first place because the net affect would have been detrimental to her thighness and the Clintoon/Soros Crime syndicate would never allow that!

Dang.  It would have been either extremely entertaining or extremely boring.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 12:32:06 pm »

So then why did Trump give in to their wishes?  He afraid of them or something?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 02:14:29 pm »
My take on it is Trump was serious when he said it then realized or had told to him he screwed up. The issues in a debate with Sanders would be all the liberal hot button social issues they traditionally destroy conservatives with. So if he spoke conservative positions to the usual Gay, abortion etc it could hurt him in States such as California and New Jersey. If he moved left on them the damage would be worse at this time. I suspect he thought the gain would be good but forgot the weapons the liberals would use in debate have no good answers, a lose-lose. When they come out in the General that's different as he can work them to still be conservative appealing but not lose such potential liberal states as NY CA and NJ over them. I suspect with Hillary since shes so two faced they have a lot of ammo to flip all the usual liberal social issue weapons back on her.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17