Author Topic: Trump on debating Sanders: On second thought, never mind  (Read 4023 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Trump on debating Sanders: On second thought, never mind
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2016, 10:05:12 pm »
Thanks GrouchoTex.  I wonder how it is that those donors aren't already bankrupt.  They won't give to the RNC so clearly they haven't had a seat at the table, but they must have a seat at the table to avoid going bankrupt and that's why they'll come around hat-in-hand to give money to Trump.  I guess they've been buying their seat at the table from Democrats.  But come to think of it, that's what Trump did too.
Crazy. Just crazy.
Every time I think "Well, maybe", like this morning with the Art Laffer deal, 2 or 3 things happen that same day to make me rethink it all over again.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2016, 10:08:42 pm »
this morning with the Art Laffer deal

Sorry, what happened this morning with Art Laffer?  I saw that his name was mentioned as a potential Trump advisor but I thought that was yesterday.
James 1:20

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2016, 10:12:15 pm »
Sorry, what happened this morning with Art Laffer?  I saw that his name was mentioned as a potential Trump advisor but I thought that was yesterday.
Was it yesterday?
Maybe it was.
Boy, it has been a long day!

Offline RedHead

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2016, 10:12:50 pm »
so the networks would not pony up. gotcha

Boxing promoter Bob Arum offers $20M for Trump-Sanders debate

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/27/bob-arum-offers-20-million-for-trump-sanders-debat/

So you're telling me that Crooked Donald would rob woman's health organizations of $20 million dollars?  About $15 million if the money was funneled through Trump's foundation?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2016, 10:13:53 pm »
Crazy. Just crazy.
Every time I think "Well, maybe", like this morning with the Art Laffer deal, 2 or 3 things happen that same day to make me rethink it all over again.

So what happened with Art Laffer?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2016, 10:17:06 pm »
So what happened with Art Laffer?
Trump named him as an advisor.
I said it was a good move on Trump's part.
I would count myself as a Trump"skeptic", rather than #NeverTrump, or a Trump "hater".
#NeverHillary, for sure.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2016, 10:18:02 pm »
Boxing promoter Bob Arum offers $20M for Trump-Sanders debate

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/27/bob-arum-offers-20-million-for-trump-sanders-debat/

So you're telling me that Crooked Donald would rob woman's health organizations of $20 million dollars?  About $15 million if the money was funneled through Trump's foundation?

....with 10 million of that going to the Clinton Foundation, LOL.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2016, 10:19:57 pm »
Trump named him as an advisor.

I'm not sure it was quite that definitive.  But it certainly did raise the possibility that Laffer might become a Trump advisor, and like you, I would count that as a good move.
James 1:20

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2016, 10:21:17 pm »
Its a Great day for Trump supporters, Trump is winning, could take CA in the General...

You are an inspiration for all DJT supporters.  Never mind the naysayers!       s/

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:14:19 am by ExFreeper »
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2016, 10:33:44 pm »
@ExFreeper I'm embarrassed for you.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2016, 10:50:28 pm »
Crazy. Just crazy.

goopo :thumbsup:

This sums me up too. Every day I'm on and off Trump. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, I really do. I'm not #nevertrump and yet I can never be pro-Trump for that long.

Hellish election? You betcha!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2016, 10:59:45 pm »
goopo :thumbsup:

This sums me up too. Every day I'm on and off Trump. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, I really do. I'm not #nevertrump and yet I can never be pro-Trump for that long.

Hellish election? You betcha!

Thanks, it sounds like we are on the same page.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2016, 11:22:29 pm »
As some of us predicted, Trump has no intention of debating Sanders and may not debate Hillary.

He's terrible at debates.

And we know, don't we, that his prime motivator is "what is appropriate."
This only adds to my doubts about Trumps statements and his follow-through. I can't trust him to do what he says he's going to do. He made a foolish mistake by making the offer in the first place and a stupider mistake by rescinding the deal IMHO.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2016, 11:28:05 pm »
This only adds to my doubts about Trumps statements and his follow-through. I can't trust him to do what he says he's going to do. He made a foolish mistake by making the offer in the first place and a stupider mistake by rescinding the deal IMHO.

A senile old man called Trump's bluff and made Donnie look weak and inept.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:35:56 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2016, 11:38:25 pm »
@ExFreeper I'm embarrassed for you.

Sooner or later you will submit also.  You know it, just a matter of time!  What choice do we have?

@RoosGirl

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline starstruck

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2016, 11:50:34 pm »
A senile old man called Trump's bluff and made Donnie look weak and inept.
He just doesn't realize he already has his sycophant's votes. Now he has to win the votes of thinking conservatives. This is not the way to do it.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2016, 11:51:31 pm »
Plus, Manafort admits Trump's campaign doesn't have any money:

I thought he was rich enough to fund his own campaign..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2016, 11:58:01 pm »

I thought he was rich enough to fund his own campaign..

He's not liquid enough.  He has very little cash; most of his wealth (which he values at $10 billion, but Forbes values at $4 billion) is tied up in real estate and the leasing of his name. 

Trump is also a high credit risk, so it's unlikely he could borrow enough to fund his effort.

No matter what the Trumpkins say, Trump clearly led everybody to believe he was going to fund both the primaries and the general himself.  He never qualified anything in his speeches.

There's a lot of "fine print" with Donald Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2016, 11:58:28 pm »
Sooner or later you will submit also.  You know it, just a matter of time!  What choice do we have?

@RoosGirl
I wonder if that's what the Jews were told....

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2016, 11:59:05 pm »

@RoosGirl

Whether I vote for hi or not remains to be seen, right now I am leaning not.  But you can take it to the bank I will never look at a bizarre picture like that and think it'd be a swell idea to share it with anyone else.

Offline sinkspur

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2016, 12:17:12 am »
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:18:00 am by sinkspur »

Offline starstruck

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2016, 12:19:05 am »
He's not liquid enough.  He has very little cash; most of his wealth (which he values at $10 billion, but Forbes values at $4 billion) is tied up in real estate and the leasing of his name. 

Trump is also a high credit risk, so it's unlikely he could borrow enough to fund his effort.

No matter what the Trumpkins say, Trump clearly led everybody to believe he was going to fund both the primaries and the general himself.  He never qualified anything in his speeches.

There's a lot of "fine print" with Donald Trump.
Of course. Anyone capable of thought realized this.(Sinkspur,  I'm not denigrating but agreeing) When Trump has to go to the actual donors ,which he will, he will be beholding to them. They will be Trump clones, so the beholding is not that big of deal. It's an "Art".

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2016, 12:20:17 am »
Whether I vote for hi or not remains to be seen, right now I am leaning not.  But you can take it to the bank I will never look at a bizarre picture like that and think it'd be a swell idea to share it with anyone else.

FYI: For clarity purposes, I added the sarcasm tag to my original post.  Disclaimer:  I stole the pic from FR.  Don't tell anyone please.

*look*